It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Was the ‘Law to Separate Families’ Passed in 1997 or ‘by Democrats’?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 05:12 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

I agree. The parent's traumatize the children en route, and instead of finding solace, they are further traumatized by our government.

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 05:15 PM
link   
a reply to: angeldoll

they are further traumatized by our government.

Or removed from the source of their trauma.

I suppose we could just not investigate their circumstances and let them potentially be at the mercy of traffickers.

But hey, anything to make Trump look bad right?

link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
a reply to: howtonhawky

CNN article from July 2014....

Unintended consequences: 2008 anti-trafficking law contributes to border crisis

Who were the Congressional Leaders back then ?

srry i just do not see the point of the simpsons did it first mentality

to be fair imo all this rides on the dems backs for not getting something passed a few months back

that is the most recent failure that could have made a difference

fingers crossed they do something this time

link   

I think you're focusing way too much on the drugs and that's what would have maybe impacted this decades ago, but not now. These cartels are as much about human trafficking (slaves, sex slaves, children), hacked data, and weapons as they about drugs. The US could legalize everything drug-wise and the cartels would just increase their shipments of slaves and their running of illegals over the border.

It's a terrorist state.

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 05:16 PM
link   
a reply to: amazing

Perahps, but to a child it is the same. You've seen the pictures..some of these children live in cages, on concrete floors with alumium foil blankets eating institutionalized (Meaning what they would serve you in Jail) food.

The HHS is trying to help these children, not jail them. The best thing someone concerned about these children can do is donate their time, energy and money, to help the HHS.

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Obama had the chance of a lifetime to fix this.

He failed.

🤷

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 05:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn

they are further traumatized by our government.

Or removed from the source of their trauma.

I suppose we could just not investigate their circumstances and let them potentially be at the mercy of traffickers.

But hey, anything to make Trump look bad right?

Your comment is presumptuous. Have the conversation with yourself. You apparently don't need me..
Furthermore, Trump doesn't need me to make him look bad. He does that all by himself.

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 05:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

Perahps, but to a child it is the same. You've seen the pictures..some of these children live in cages, on concrete floors with alumium foil blankets eating institutionalized (Meaning what they would serve you in Jail) food.

The HHS is trying to help these children, not jail them. The best thing someone concerned about these children can do is donate their time, energy and money, to help the HHS.

something in my gut tells me that hhs would rather kill me than let me help inside a facility

i would be something if hhs actually accepted help and volunteers

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 05:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

originally posted by: howtonhawky

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

Most crossing are pow's from an unjust war on drugs.

Excuse me, I need some mud boots as the floor of this thread seems to filling rapidly with bullcrap.

NA that is just what is running down your leg.

That is the only source of such and it is not mud.

Seriously though the war on drugs does indeed play a large role in all this and it is very much being ignored.

At the end of this and if for some reason we had a wall with a big door in it we still would not have addressed the underlying conditions that is leeding to the vast amounts of hurt these drug pushers are putting on people all across the world.

In a better world we would be looking at the solutions as well as all the factors.

That's not the United States' problem. Seriously, Mexico has a corrupt and ineffectual government. What you're calling for has a solution, but it isn't the solution you want and (IIRC from the Syria bombing discussion) it is a solution you'll piss and whine about as much as you are pissing and whining about this solution: treat the Mexican drug and human trafficking cartels as terrorist organizations, and blow the snip out of them using the US military. That's how the west handles countries in which global threats have escaped the control of their own domestic leaders.

If we did take that path, by God we'd better build the wall first, electrify it, dig a moat on both sides, and position snipers every 20 feet because that crap will flow into this country like floodwater through a gully if we actually "solve" the cartel and Mexican corruption issues.

This just shows your lack of understanding about the true nature of this issue. You can’t bomb your way out of this. It’s not that kind of problem.

When you can make something for 10 cents that has an end price of $10,000 there’s no government or military in existence that can stop that.

This is the United States problem. Because it’s our outdated view on drugs and drug policy that fund and enable the narco terroism that turns a great number of places south of the border into ####holes.

As our president so eloquently put it.

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Your comment is presumptuous

This cartoonish "Evil Island" persona attached to the president over something that is clearly not so, is presumptuous. Also asinine and intellectually lazy.
edit on 18 6 18 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 05:23 PM
link   

something in my gut tells me that hhs would rather kill me than let me help inside a facility

You and your gut are idiots.

End. Of. Story.

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Your comment is presumptuous

This cartoonish "Evil Island" persona attached to the president over something that is clearly not so, is presumptuous. Also asinine and intellectually lazy.

dude

In his own words he has stated he does not like it and that the dems created the law.

now we know the dems did not pass any laws that allows for this so perhaps he was just confused? perhaps he is pushing a narrative for wall support.

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 05:27 PM
link   

End. Of. Story.

do they allow for volunteers to go inside the facilities? no

do they guard the facilities by force? yes

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 05:31 PM
link   

It's your hyperbolic BS dude.

If you haven't noticed by now, you're a drama queen.
edit on 18 6 18 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Maybe dragging a kid or two along with them is an extra bonus. Once across the border, the kids are sold to weiner types for pocket money that comfortably helps get them to the welfare office for the ultimate gibs.

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 05:33 PM
link   

End. Of. Story.

So you made that post, and virtue signaled without doing your research again, not surprising

And yes you can volunteer with HHS and NHS on the border, all you have to do is submit the application.

So when will you be leaving?

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 05:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

They won't even let our congressmen in there to see what's really going on. They aren't going to let a volunteer in there.

And by the way, I do volunteer in the community quite a lot. Just saying.

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 05:34 PM
link   

It's your hyperbolic BS dude.

If you haven't noticed by now, you're a drama queen.

i think you need a break

no substance left to your comments just hate smothered in sarcasm

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 05:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: SailorJerry

End. Of. Story.

So you made that post, and virtue signaled without doing your research again, not surprising

And yes you can volunteer with HHS and NHS on the border, all you have to do is submit the application.

my godness man

not one single on point response from you all day

we are not refering to hhs on the border but more specifically to the actual detention facilities hhs is running unconstitutionally

troll on bro

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 05:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: SailorJerry

End. Of. Story.

my godness man

not one single on point response from you all day

we are not refering to hhs on the border but more specifically to the actual detention facilities hhs is running unconstitutionally

troll on bro

Not on point eh? You made the claim that you cant volunteer. And that if you could you would.

You can, for both in many different positions to help these people that you claim you want to help.

So again, when are you leaving?

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join