It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Was the ‘Law to Separate Families’ Passed in 1997 or ‘by Democrats’?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 04:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll
Trump refuses to reverse this BS even though most all of Congress and the public doesn't want it because it's cruel.

And yet, he won't. I don't feel like I have a voice anymore. It doesn't matter what the people think.
It's only the ONE.

You know, or, the parents could stop putting their kids in these situations. You know, personal accountability.

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 04:40 PM
link   
a reply to: SailorJerry

war on drugs is one big reason someone would seek asylum

jobs is another

you have a minor point but you ignore the severity of situations that put people in the position where crossing is safer than being killed
edit on 18-6-2018 by howtonhawky because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 04:45 PM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

No, it's certainly NOT off topic, and I've said it for years. We have some responsibility in this, and it is exactly as you stated. It would keep the gangsta's away, and we would mostly be left with genuine asylum seekers, and people looking for work.

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 04:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: howtonhawky

jobs is another

you have a minor point but you ignore the severity of situations that put people in the position where crossing is safer than being killed

Youre ignoring a major fact that youre only assuming that most of these people are fleeing cartels.

When the fact of the matter is historically the great majority are doing no such thing, they are coming for the free health care, free benefits and money.

youre also leaving out the child sex traffickers and MS13 gang members that also flood in.

this blanket statment that these are all refugees seeking asylum just because they SAY so is as irresponsible as it is stupid.

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 04:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: SailorJerry

Trump refuses to reverse this BS even though most all of Congress and the public doesn't want it because it's cruel.

And yet, he won't. I don't feel like I have a voice anymore. It doesn't matter what the people think.
It's only the ONE.

You know, or, the parents could stop putting their kids in these situations. You know, personal accountability.

We don't know what their circumstances were. If they are willing to risk the dangers in coming here to get away from their own towns, it must be pretty extreme. Their stories deserve to be heard before they are randomly picked up and jailed.

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 04:48 PM
link   
a reply to: angeldoll

No, it's certainly NOT off topic, and I've said it for years. We have some responsibility in this, and it is exactly as you stated. It would keep the gangsta's away, and we would mostly be left with genuine asylum seekers, and people looking for work.

Isn't there a way to seek asylum and work that doesn't involve breaking a country's laws? These are what points of entry are for.

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 04:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs
a reply to: howtonhawky

A POW from the War on Drugs? A you f'n kidding me?

amiwrong?

is there a war on drugs?

are the migrants coming from countries effected by the war on drugs?

is it proper to detain pow's or to release them?

Usually they are kept until the war is over.

You continuously display insane levels of hyperbole, ignore facts, and make accusations without evidence. Is there ANY reason at all to take your posts seriously?

I'm convinced you're either trolling, or you really are this dense.

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 04:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

Isn't there a way to seek asylum and work that doesn't involve breaking a country's laws? These are what points of entry are for.

I'm sure there is, and I am not well studied with the ins and outs, but from what I understand it doesn't work very well for Central Americans or Mexicans. Which is another part of our responsibility in this.

This just sucks Les. And that DHS woman, omg, have you heard her speak? She sounds like a very, very cold/bad person.

Keep the drug dealers out. We need the others. They don't bother anybody.

eta: And to make myself clear, I don't think anybody who is not a U.S. citizen should be allowed to vote.
edit on 6/18/2018 by angeldoll because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 04:55 PM
link   

jobs is another

Youre ignoring a major fact that youre only assuming that most of these people are fleeing cartels.

When the fact of the matter is historically the great majority are doing no such thing, they are coming for the free health care, free benefits and money.

youre also leaving out the child sex traffickers and MS13 gang members that also flood in.

this blanket statment that these are all refugees seeking asylum just because they SAY so is as irresponsible as it is stupid.

no i am not assuming anything of the sort nor am i leaving out anything

i simply stated that the war on drugs fuels the crossings the most and all of what you mention can be tied to the war on drugs

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 04:56 PM
link   

jobs is another

they come here, work and send the money back to the family there. Why? Because even the small amount they make here, will go a long way there. So knowing that, why are there still people back "there" if it's such a dangerous place, everyone will die? Could it be a simpler solution and it's perhaps about the money?

At some point, you will have to take the rose colored glasses off, and look at life as the masses do. (it's reality, sucks, but that's just how it is)

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 04:58 PM
link   

I'm sure there is, and I am not well studied with the ins and outs, but from what I understand it doesn't work very well for Central Americans or Mexicans. Which is another part of our responsibility in this.

This just sucks Les. And that DHS woman, omg, have you heard her speak? She sounds like a very, very cold/bad person.

Keep the drug dealers out. We need the others. They don't bother anybody.

Well, when all is said and done, and this blows over, hopefully those seeking asylum and entry will do so through the proper avenues, and parents won't feel they need to inflict this trauma on their children.

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 05:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

Most crossing are pow's from an unjust war on drugs.

Excuse me, I need some mud boots as the floor of this thread seems to filling rapidly with bullcrap.

NA that is just what is running down your leg.

That is the only source of such and it is not mud.

Seriously though the war on drugs does indeed play a large role in all this and it is very much being ignored.

At the end of this and if for some reason we had a wall with a big door in it we still would not have addressed the underlying conditions that is leeding to the vast amounts of hurt these drug pushers are putting on people all across the world.

In a better world we would be looking at the solutions as well as all the factors.

That's not the United States' problem. Seriously, Mexico has a corrupt and ineffectual government. What you're calling for has a solution, but it isn't the solution you want and (IIRC from the Syria bombing discussion) it is a solution you'll piss and whine about as much as you are pissing and whining about this solution: treat the Mexican drug and human trafficking cartels as terrorist organizations, and blow the snip out of them using the US military. That's how the west handles countries in which global threats have escaped the control of their own domestic leaders.

If we did take that path, by God we'd better build the wall first, electrify it, dig a moat on both sides, and position snipers every 20 feet because that crap will flow into this country like floodwater through a gully if we actually "solve" the cartel and Mexican corruption issues.

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 05:01 PM
link   

a reply to: amazing

exactly.. but logic dictates that you would still keep a group together with the children they crossed with. At least at first. You don't just rip children away.. That's how you figure out what's really going on. Still pretty easy.

Should the child be jailed with their parents?

The child is jailed anyway. That's what a detention center is. Better if jailed alone or with Parents is the question. Why is this just now an issue though?

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 05:01 PM
link   

CNN article from July 2014....

Unintended consequences: 2008 anti-trafficking law contributes to border crisis

Who were the Congressional Leaders back then ?

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 05:02 PM
link   

It's only the ONE.

We don't know what their circumstances were. If they are willing to risk the dangers in coming here to get away from their own towns, it must be pretty extreme. Their stories deserve to be heard before they are randomly picked up and jailed.

the same circumstances as its always been

But the media knows it can rile up the left with new catch phrases like "Asylum seekers" and change the words up, so that the brainless masses throw up their hands in outrage, and abandon all common sense.

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 05:02 PM
link   

It's only the ONE.

All that has to happen here is the Dems agree to work for a solution. But they're obstructing and playing games with US immigration policy.

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 05:03 PM
link   

The child is jailed anyway. That's what a detention center is. Better if jailed alone or with Parents is the question. Why is this just now an issue though?

Well, for one, being "jailed" in a facility operated by the HHS is far different than being detained in a jail.
edit on 18-6-2018 by LesMisanthrope because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 05:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn

originally posted by: matafuchs

A POW from the War on Drugs? A you f'n kidding me?

amiwrong?

is there a war on drugs?

are the migrants coming from countries effected by the war on drugs?

is it proper to detain pow's or to release them?

Usually they are kept until the war is over.

You continuously display insane levels of hyperbole, ignore facts, and make accusations without evidence. Is there ANY reason at all to take your posts seriously?

I'm convinced you're either trolling, or you really are this dense.

With the intelligence level dropping so dramatically it seems these days, its really hard to tell anymore which one it is.

I literally had a 20 something the other day ask me what the bubonic plague was, they had never heard of it.

Add lack of actually learning anything anymore in schools, and failing to teach critical thinking and you end up with masses of people that have neither any common sense or any ability to sort information out.

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Well, for one, being "jailed" in a facility operated by the HHS is far different than being detained in a jail.

Perahps, but to a child it is the same. You've seen the pictures..some of these children live in cages, on concrete floors with alumium foil blankets eating institutionalized (Meaning what they would serve you in Jail) food.

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 05:10 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

easier to just legalize drugs inside the usa

that would take away much from the hold the cartels have

blowing the # out of them is only a temporary solution cause the next morning after we blow the # out of them the americans will wake up and still want to get high.

Short of murdering americans and cutting off american appendages there is no way to stop the need and want for plants we war over.

Sure it works in Singapore but we are the bastion of freedom or at one time we were and we can be again

KILL THE CARTELS and GANGS by ending the war on drugs and the unconstitutional prohibition of people and things.

Understand that the only way to make a substance illegal on a federal level is to pass an amendment otherwise it is legal but lacking a judges ruling. That would not be hard givin precedence of the prohibition of alcohol in the past.

Getting back to the founding document would resolve much.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join