It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Was the ‘Law to Separate Families’ Passed in 1997 or ‘by Democrats’?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 04:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: howtonhawky

originally posted by: matafuchs
a reply to: howtonhawky

A POW from the War on Drugs? A you f'n kidding me?

amiwrong?

is there a war on drugs?

are the migrants coming from countries effected by the war on drugs?

is it proper to detain pow's or to release them?

Usually they are kept until the war is over.

lets just set aside the fact this whole statement is completely ridiculous and yet another example of you trying to twist some far fetched idea into something that sounds logical.

If what youre saying is accurate, then they should be staying where they are in their own countries till the wars over, you know since they are prisoners.

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 04:03 PM
link   

So all those people in Baltimore, DC, LA, San Francisco, Chicago...all those places where we have high murder rates and drug use...they are all POW's to since there has been a War on Drugs in the US since Nancy Reagan said Just Say No?

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 04:04 PM
link   
a reply to: SailorJerry

You forgot # 5. - $$$

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 04:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs

So all those people in Baltimore, DC, LA, San Francisco, Chicago...all those places where we have high murder rates and drug use...they are all POW's to since there has been a War on Drugs in the US since Nancy Reagan said Just Say No?

I can agree with that. But it didn’t start with Reagan, you have to go back to Nixon and the creation of the DEA.

When there is an open war against the citizens of this country and their personal freedom, are the people locked up POWs?

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 04:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
a reply to: amazing

Yea, until you put them in cages, then that will be the big issue. What if.......we found a way to stop them from crossing in the first place............nope, I can't think of a single thing to help in that department.

Wiping out the cartels and gangs for these people would be a good start, but unfortunately their drugs are a vital part of our prison state economy... so don't hold your breath on that one.

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 04:13 PM
link   

All I know is if I lived in one of those bad neighborhoods in Chicago I would trek across the country to cali to ask for asylum, or Canada ay. I assume either one would welcome you arms wide open.
edit on 6/18/2018 by TheLead because: (no reason given)

edit on 6/18/2018 by TheLead because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 04:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bone75

Yea, until you put them in cages, then that will be the big issue. What if.......we found a way to stop them from crossing in the first place............nope, I can't think of a single thing to help in that department.

Wiping out the cartels and gangs for these people would be a good start, but unfortunately their drugs are a vital part of our prison state economy... so don't hold your breath on that one.

And that’s the key. As long as Americans choose to not address the real reasons for illegal immigrants flooding our borders things will continue to be like this.

But it’s way easier to cast blame and not have to face uncomfortable truths.

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Most crossing are pow's from an unjust war on drugs.

Excuse me, I need some mud boots as the floor of this thread seems to filling rapidly with bullcrap.

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 04:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

And that’s the key. As long as Americans choose to not address the real reasons for illegal immigrants flooding our borders things will continue to be like this.

www.vox.com...

If Trump follows through on this, I can't wait to see how you will spin it into something bad.

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 04:22 PM
link   
I think the point he is trying to make is that the law separating illegal alien children from their parents is something made law under Trump. Many people argue that the law started under the Dems, he is merely arguing that the law is a new one.

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 04:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

Most crossing are pow's from an unjust war on drugs.

Excuse me, I need some mud boots as the floor of this thread seems to filling rapidly with bullcrap.

NA that is just what is running down your leg.

That is the only source of such and it is not mud.

Seriously though the war on drugs does indeed play a large role in all this and it is very much being ignored.

At the end of this and if for some reason we had a wall with a big door in it we still would not have addressed the underlying conditions that is leeding to the vast amounts of hurt these drug pushers are putting on people all across the world.

In a better world we would be looking at the solutions as well as all the factors.

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 04:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: conspiracy nut
I think the point he is trying to make is that the law separating illegal alien children from their parents is something made law under Trump. Many people argue that the law started under the Dems, he is merely arguing that the law is a new one.

To be precise, according to snopes, there is no such law. The change stems from the illegals being criminally prosecuted. Of course, criminals cannot bring their children into jail with them.

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 04:25 PM
link   

pretty much

however it is just a policy based on false interpretations of previous rulings.

there is no law stating this has to be done in this manner.

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 04:30 PM
link   
The DHS sec. Kirstjen Michele Nielsen, is talking on TV and I just realized something!

She's one of those Reptilian Creatures! OMG! Look at her eyes! Look at her skin! Look at her tongue!

I apologize for making fun of all of you for thinking Hillary was one, I didn't think they existed, but
now I see they do!

OMG! Run! The government has been taken over by Reptilians!!!!! Pure Evil!

Talk about "catch and release". They think those kids are Fish and will probably eat them!!

Run kids, Run!

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Wait, so is it being said that this (children being separated from families)did not happen at all until Trump became president?

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 04:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

www.vox.com...

If Trump follows through on this, I can't wait to see how you will spin it into something bad.

Hey, good for him. I hope he goes through with it. But that won’t do anything towards stopping the narco terrorism that has made parts of Mexico and Central and South America a war zone for the past 40 years.

It’s amazing to me that the majority of our social problems could be solved with one simple policy change. Namely the decriminalization and legalization of certain drugs. It wouldn’t be overnight, but the prison system, gangs, illegal immigration, most crime, overdoses etc, would all be incredibly reduced. No one wants to look any deeper than they are told to though.

This may seem off topic to some people, but it really isn’t. This is one of the main underlying causes of illegal immigration, and it’s something we can do on our side of the border to fix it.

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Trump refuses to reverse this BS even though most all of Congress and the public doesn't want it because it's cruel.

And yet, he won't. I don't feel like I have a voice anymore. It doesn't matter what the people think.
It's only the ONE.

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 04:35 PM
link   

pretty much

however it is just a policy based on false interpretations of previous rulings.

there is no law stating this has to be done in this manner.

Youve stated this over and over again

And over and over again people have posted the law for you and its crystal clear.

Just because YOU cant understand it, or dont seem to be able to grasp it, doesnt mean its a false interpretation.

Literally you just keep saying the same crap over and over and over again despite members proving you wrong.

I cannot fathom how someone can be that dense, or read these things over and over and over and still not be able to absorb them.

How do you make it through school?

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 04:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: jadedANDcynical
Wait, so is it being said that this (children being separated from families)did not happen at all until Trump became president?

It did happen but "with discretion". In other words, they could make the decision NOT to separate an infant and it's mother. This is "zero tolerance'.

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 04:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll
The DHS sec. Kirstjen Michele Nielsen, is talking on TV and I just realized something!

She's one of those Reptilian Creatures! OMG! Look at her eyes! Look at her skin! Look at her tongue!

I apologize for making fun of all of you for thinking Hillary was one, I didn't think they existed, but
now I see they do!

OMG! Run! The government has been taken over by Reptilians!!!!! Pure Evil!

Talk about "catch and release". They think those kids are Fish and will probably eat them!!

Run kids, Run!

Just sent Alex Jones an email.

It shouldn’t be long before a “Reptilians are stealing children” episode.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join