It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Interview w/Captain Robert Salas, USAF, Ret., On Minuteman UFO Case, Published On June 17, 2018

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 03:00 PM
link   
This case has always fascinated me, because my late father served in the USAF and because it demonstrates how the USAF tried to cover up UFO sightings involving their own personnel. For those who don't know too much about the case, it's about a UFO shutting down ten Minuteman 1 intercontinental ballistic missiles. This incident occurred on March 24, 1967, at the Oscar Flight launch facility at Malmstrom Air Force Base, located in central Montana. Security and maintenance personnel on the base, first reported seeing strange lights flying above the base. These lights were silent and doing weird maneuvers in the sky. A Flight Security Control (FSC) officer called missile commander Robert Salas, to report these lights and was told by Salas to keep an eye on them. Soon afterwards, the frightened, FSC officer calls again and states that a large, pulsating, red UFO, was hovering directly above the front gates of the base. Commander Salas and the rest of his missile combat crew, who were all underground, in a Launch Control Center (LCC) capsule, weren't sure what to believe, until " all of their missiles reported a "No-Go" condition."

Within seconds, the entire flight of ten ICBMs was down! All of their missiles reported a "No-Go" condition. One by one across the board, each missile had became inoperable. When the checklist procedure had been completed for each missile site, it was discovered that each of the missiles had gone off alert status due to a Guidance and Control (G&C) System fault. Power had not been lost to the sites; the missiles simply were not operational because, for some unexplainable reason, each of their guidance and control systems had malfunctioned.

www.cufon.org...

After this incident, engineers confirmed that the missile shutdowns were not caused by lightning, or a commercial power failure. They did, however, conclude that a "pulse" of some kind, was able to get inside the shielded missile system equipment. One way that this could've been done, was through the use of an electromagnetic pulse (EMP).

One conclusion was that the only way a pulse or noise could be sent in from outside the shielded system was through an electromagnetic pulse (EMP) from an unknown source. The technology of the day made generating an EMP of sufficient magnitude to enter the shielded system a very difficult proposition, requiring large, heavy, bulky equipment. The source of the actual pulse that caused the missile shutdowns remains a mystery to this day.

www.cufon.org...

Here's a short, informative clip concerning this case:

I just watched the latest interview with Captain Robert Salas, USAF, Ret., who was deputy commander at the Oscar Launch Control Facility, when the March 24, 1967 UFO incident occurred. During this interview, which was conducted on October 5, 2017, he states:

...there were, in fact, two "shut down" incidents that occurred at missile sights in 1967. One occurred at the "Echo Flight" launch facility on March 16, 1967 and the other occurred at the "Oscar Flight" facility on March 24, 1967.

...there were 20 ICBM's that were "shut down" within a span of 8 days, in March of 1967.

...proximity alerts also went off during the "Oscar Flight" missile shut down event.

...one guard was so frightened, that he injured his hand , trying to scale up a barb wired security fence, in order to get away from inside the launch facility.

...the USAF, at that time, would disperse personnel who witnessed UFO events, so they couldn't meet and exchange information with one another.

...after the incident, commander Salas and the FSC officer, who witnessed the UFO, were flown to the main base to meet up with the squadron commander and a member of the Air Force Office of Special Investigations.

...they were both forced to sign a non-disclosure agreement, that stated they would be imprisoned and heavily fined, if they talked about the incident with anyone.

...since the Air Force classified all investigative reports concerning these "shut down" events, the Condon Committee never investigated these events.

...the Condon Report was a "whitewash" on the UFO phenomena and the USAF tried to cover up any proof of UFO activity

...the Condon Committee stated that the UFO phenomenon did not pose any hazard or threat to national security, even though they never saw the classifed documents proving that they were, in fact, a threat of unknown origin.

Here's the clip of this 2017 interview:

edit on 6/18/2018 by shawmanfromny because: (no reason given)

edit on 6/18/2018 by shawmanfromny because: spelling

edit on 6/18/2018 by shawmanfromny because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 03:22 PM
link   
I don't exactly know what to make about this case but I've seen a very large pulsating red ufo. I don't know what to make of that either but it was spectacular. 1974, not too far from Redstone Arsenal and the Space & Rocket Center in the foothills of the Appalachians.

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 03:25 PM
link   
a reply to: The GUT

Can you describe your experience in more detail please?

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 03:36 PM
link   
a reply to: deltalima74

I have here elsewhere and will message you a link when Im not on phone. I should've said "orange-red" like the sun or fire but sounds very similar.

OP: speaking of that where is the best description of the object we're talking about found in Minuteman UFO literature? I'd like to determine how closely they match.
edit on 18-6-2018 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 03:38 PM
link   
What an awesome story. My first job was MMT on those missles in montana. Awesome job. I never saw anything but it would take something incredible to shut down 10 missles. Each one is connected to the lcf independantly plus ever wire and box is covered in shielding designed to protect it from emp. Also there is a diesel generator and massive batteries for a double backup.
Some of the sites were haunted....but never seen a ufo. Deffo a pants pooper if i seen that.

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 03:40 PM
link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny

..there were, in fact, two "shut down" incidents that occurred at missile sights in 1967. One occurred at the "Echo Flight" launch facility on March 16, 1967 and the other occurred at the "Oscar Flight" facility on March 24, 1967.
And yet, there are only records of one of the incidents.

...there were 20 ICBM's that were "shut down" within a span of 8 days, in March of 1967.
According to whom? Salas didn't seem too sure about that.

There was a minor discrepancy. Salas said all the missiles had gone off line but his boss, Meiwald said only four or five. In the original information, Salas, according to what he said to me, “Split the different and I said eight.” He now has said all ten were involved.
kevinrandle.blogspot.com...
Slight discrepancy. What's a few nuclear missiles more or less? Changing stories are sort of a red flag.

Does the "alien abduction" account that he relates above provide further evidence for the psychological angle and the conclusion that Salas, whilst honest, is confused. Or does it indicate that Salas is doubling down on his original story by expanding the lie and looking for a new angle to gin up the audience (a pattern that could be seen with many of the Contactees in the 1950s, for example, or Billy Meier). If I had to choose between the two, Occam's Razor tells me that even though my default position is to believe the best about people, Carlson et al are correct, and Salas is just another genial huckster in a long line of hucksters who present ever-changing stories.
redstarfilms.blogspot.com...

A rundown of the variations on the tale and discernible facts can be found here:
www.realityuncovered.net...
edit on 6/18/2018 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Now this is what I followed ATS for originally. Looks fascinating. Thank you.

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 03:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: The GUT
I don't exactly know what to make about this case but I've seen a very large pulsating red ufo. I don't know what to make of that either but it was spectacular. 1974, not too far from Redstone Arsenal and the Space & Rocket Center in the foothills of the Appalachians.

In 2013, your local weather radars picked up some very strange returns...it’s documented in season 2, episode 3, “Secrets of the Doomsday Mountain”, in Science Channel’s “What on Earth”. I tried finding a free vid but came up short...if the show is to be believed, local press asked Redstone about any goings-on and they — allegedly — offered up some military chaff exercise as a possibility. Did the same thing occur 40 years earlier?!

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 04:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

C'mon, you're smart enough to know that the military withholds this type of information from the general public, by making the majority of UFO cases "classified." There's also ample evidence found online, which is also mentioned by Salas, regarding military personnel being threatened and signing non-disclosure agreements, after witnessing UFO phenomena. Many FOIA requests regarding specific military UFO incidents often turn up nothing, or heavily redacted reports, that doesn't disclose anything of value. You're free to believe whatever story you want, regarding this case...it does not matter to me. I for one DO NOT believe Captain Robert Salas, USAF, Ret, is a "huckster."

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Yes, Robert Salas is a fraud beyond a shadow of a doubt.

Google James Carlson and see what you find.

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 04:27 PM
link   

I suggest you review the web page I linked.
edit on 6/18/2018 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 04:34 PM
link   
I was at Minot AFB in the early 80's and didn't see diddly squat. What a rip-off.

This is a different take on it:
How a 1967 Solar Storm Nearly Led to Nuclear War
edit on 18-6-2018 by Blue Shift because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 04:38 PM
link   
On my phone at work, when i get home, before i go to bed, Always checking back to ATS. YES!!! This is why i keep coming back! Getting an ice cold one and a snack and doing some reading. Thank you!

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 04:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue Shift
Not very relevant.

Salas' story happened in 1967.

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 04:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
Not very relevant.

Salas' story happened in 1967.

See my correction.

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Better.
But wrong month.

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 04:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Drunkenparrot

In case anyone is interested:
www.scribd.com...

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 05:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Drunkenparrot

In case anyone is interested:
www.scribd.com...

lol saw this

Americans, Credulous
or
The Arrogance of Congenital Liars& Other Character Defects

And thought it was about liberals..

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 05:09 PM
link   

But wrong month.

But it does show that the sun was going through a particularly active period at the time. I was just thinking of the Aurora Borealis that I saw at Minot, and recent videos I've seen where the Aurora is a nice, bright red.

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 05:10 PM
link   
I dont know if your story is true, but another story involves a5. Its pretty cool and scared the bezeesus out of us when we had to go work it. Basically a camper team were on sight and were attwcked by an indian ghost. Its built on an indian burial ground. Real? Meh....who knows but there is always some truths to these legends.

timhebert.blogspot.com...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join