It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The age of Amusement (Lasalette)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2005 @ 09:35 PM
link   
I found something interesting awhile ago that is dead on true, from Mary in the prophecy of lasalette about
before the end comes thee will be noting but amusement inte world a false peace.

Thats incredile because it seemslike everything today is a joke, peoplecan joke aboutanything today.

Lasalette september 19th 1846. Prophecy.

" The earth will be struck by calamities of all kinds in addition to plagues and famine which
will be widespread. There will be a series of wars until the last war, which will then be fought by
the ten Kings of the Antichrist, all of whom will have one in the sameplan and will be the only rulers
of the World. *Before this comes to pass, there will be a kind of false peace in the world. People
will think of nothing but amusement. The wicked will give themselves over to all kinds of sins "

That, considering the stuff ive seen in the lst 10 years both on tv or movies is absolutely true.

heres the rest of lasalette.

www.enddays.com...

peace.

posted on Feb, 19 2005 @ 09:44 PM
link   
When you live till you are 80, and the end times arent here yet...what do you think you will feel like?

I wonder what all those people Jesus told personally would see the end times thought as they died 2000 years ago?

posted on Feb, 19 2005 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Truth,
Serious question.. why do you want the world to end? There is alot of hate in it but also alot of love.. wouldn't you rather we become more enlightend all by ourselves? Why would you prefer/hope we get smited before we 'grow up' as a species?

Wouldn't you want future generations to experience all that life has to offer?

posted on Feb, 20 2005 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Riley, its the inferiority complext that he will never admit he has.

posted on Feb, 20 2005 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Never heard of this prophecy before, but it makes much sense. In fact, the bible says the same thing about the end times as people being lovers of money, greed, and only to seek entertainment. It isn't much of a surprise to hear this, but a good find, nonetheless.

Oh, disregard the other comments from the others. I will answer them for ya.

When you live till you are 80, and the end times arent here yet...what do you think you will feel like?

I suppose I won't feel bad, as the end times happens to each of us when we rendezvous with death. We all reach 'the end times' so to say. The ending of the world, on the other hand - no one knows when.

Serious question.. why do you want the world to end? There is alot of hate in it but also alot of love.. wouldn't you rather we become more enlightend all by ourselves? Why would you prefer/hope we get smited before we 'grow up' as a species?

The end of the world isn't supposed to be our non-existence. The bible talks of a new heaven and a new earth, where earth is like heaven. I consider that much better than a world of duality that we now live in. I don't think we are responsible for our own enlightenment. I think it is some kind of divine intervention by all means if we become spiritual. Thousands of years have shown that we still do not learn from history how to solve the problems that plague the planet. The things that matter regarding humanity are still of minor importance in the scheme of things, but the world still goes on blindly, thinking that it will never come back to haunt us.

posted on Feb, 20 2005 @ 10:00 PM
link   
very well put Ben, thanks for saving me time brother.

The new heaven on earth is too amazing to imagine, and this world right now is the farthest its ever
been from that true kingdom where only innocents and holiness and child like humility will exist, its beautiful to
think about.

Being with real people who do not put on acts, but are truly being themselves and are like the most purest of souls
on earth because they know the only importance in life which is God, not money, not image, not entertainment, but God.

peace.

posted on Feb, 20 2005 @ 10:06 PM
link   
That the mote of dust home sapiens takes for granted as a habitat will at a future point in time be defunct is as certain as the detsruction of anything.

To assign religious significances to how and when is probably less worthwhile as a pursuit than fixing the chunk of rock up to last a little longer.

posted on Feb, 21 2005 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by ben91069
Oh, disregard the other comments from the others.

Why? It's a forum. It would be a pretty pointless place if everyone agreed.

The end of the world isn't supposed to be our non-existence. The bible talks of a new heaven and a new earth, where earth is like heaven. I consider that much better than a world of duality that we now live in. I don't think we are responsible for our own enlightenment.

I am responsible for my own future actions.. every mistake I make gives me a more enlightened perspective.. every lesson learned makes one wiser and decisions change accordingly.
And if we were not responsible for our actions.. why was christ sent to teach us how to become responsible for them? And how to we have free will if we are not responsible for it?

I think it is some kind of divine intervention by all means if we become spiritual. Thousands of years have shown that we still do not learn from history how to solve the problems that plague the planet.

'Witches' no longer get burned, there is no lawful segregation seperating races, women have the vote, slavery is no longer sanctioned by law [and is considered immoral when 200 years ago it wasn't], there has not been another 'hitler' [thus far].. I think we have come a long way in trying to solve problems.. obviously many still exist but these things take time.. I admit there is still a BIG possibility that we might still destroy ourselves- either blowing ourselves up or making our planet too inhospitable but I still have 'faith' in humanity none the less.

The things that matter regarding humanity are still of minor importance in the scheme of things,

The scheme of things? What do you think matters to humanity and why are they minor concerns?

Truth,

The new heaven on earth is too amazing to imagine, and this world right now is the farthest its ever been from that true kingdom where only innocents and holiness and child like humility will exist, its beautiful to
think about.

I have always been taught that 'the end' was violent distruction and the wrath of god [raised catholic].. and that the dead will be raised [form death/into heaven not sure which].. rivers to blood etc. your interpritation seems to differ from traditional judgement day stuff.

because they know the only importance in life which is God, not money, not image, not entertainment, but God.

And what about the importance of life and ourselves as well? What is wrong with paying respect and nurturing the creation rather than exlusively just the creator?

[edit on 21-2-2005 by riley]

posted on Feb, 21 2005 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by riley

Originally posted by ben91069
Oh, disregard the other comments from the others.

Why? It's a forum. It would be a pretty pointless place if everyone agreed.

Point taken.

The end of the world isn't supposed to be our non-existence. The bible talks of a new heaven and a new earth, where earth is like heaven. I consider that much better than a world of duality that we now live in. I don't think we are responsible for our own enlightenment.

I am responsible for my own future actions.. every mistake I make gives me a more enlightened perspective.. every lesson learned makes one wiser and decisions change accordingly.
And if we were not responsible for our actions.. why was christ sent to teach us how to become responsible for them? And how to we have free will if we are not responsible for it?

Well, I understand where you are coming from, and good for you for learning from mistakes, but the whole free-will issue will probably never be solved in our lifetimes. Many say we have it - others don't. I have seen quite a few scriptures which talks of God intervening in peoples thoughts to make them act a certain way; like God hardening Pharoah's heart in the book of Exodus. From this, I have to think that we have a limited illusory form of free-will that really originates from a higher power no matter how much we think we are doing something. The learning process doesn't really require making mistakes. You can contemplate, philosophize, and ponder things without taking any action and decide a better path.

I didn't read very much of Jesus talking a lot of being responsible for actions other than believing in him. Other than this, he talked a lot about the Kingdom of Heaven and the nature of love, thus God. Many of his statements regarding personal responsibility avoided solutions that we would have, like the man who wanted to bury his father, the woman who was being pressed to help (her sisters?) but wanted to listen to Jesus, the disciples picking food from the field on a Sabbath, or even the woman about to be stoned.

I think it is some kind of divine intervention by all means if we become spiritual. Thousands of years have shown that we still do not learn from history how to solve the problems that plague the planet.

'Witches' no longer get burned, there is no lawful segregation seperating races, women have the vote, slavery is no longer sanctioned by law [and is considered immoral when 200 years ago it wasn't], there has not been another 'hitler' [thus far].. I think we have come a long way in trying to solve problems.. obviously many still exist but these things take time.. I admit there is still a BIG possibility that we might still destroy ourselves- either blowing ourselves up or making our planet too inhospitable but I still have 'faith' in humanity none the less.

Everything you said is true, but in many cases it has just taken a different form and the hearts of people are still the same. Witches no longer get burned, but adulterers still get stoned in like extremist religious sects. What happened in Salem and also in the Inquisition still occur today. The government took out Waco more for their religious stance than other things. They found it discomforting to know that an apocalyptic cult had a large cache of legally owned weapons. Segregation is gone, but this does not solve racism in peoples minds. I am sure there are many 'Hitlers' who just do not happen to control a country. I am the opposite, I don't feel humanity will ever solve anything. All of our solutions have only created more problems. The only way you may not be able to see this is if you live in an isolated environment. In the US, we very much are isolated from the problems we create, but it can still be seen if you look for it.

The things that matter regarding humanity are still of minor importance in the scheme of things,

The scheme of things? What do you think matters to humanity and why are they minor concerns?

I think the main thing that matters to humanity right now (at least the US is concerned) is global domination of resources and more wealth to the western nations. This is probably the geopolitical agenda so that people in the United States can have a strong economy and spend money on trinkets of junk and entertain themselves highly at the expense of the rest of the world. 2nd world countries are trying to be like us, but may be more humanitarian. 3rd world citizens are probably the ones more interested in solving starvation, disease, hunger, and inequality.

Although some people here try to come up with things that could help society, more often than not, it is convoluted by someone who sees it less for its benefit and more for $$, thus taking away its true nature. A cure for cancer, for example, would be wonderful, but I am sure that drug companies would rather keep it the status quo so that they retain profits indefinitely.

top topics

join