It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump directing Pentagon to set up "Space Force" as a "separate but equal" branch of the military

page: 15
<< 12  13  14   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Just got my DD-214 Alumni shirt now I want a Space Force Door Gunner one.

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 11:57 PM
link   
a reply to: RadioRobert

I forgot to add a secret to it also.

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 12:29 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 12:54 PM
link   
a reply to: RadioRobert

While the satellites do at times make the use of land base about obsolete, however, what good is a satellite if it is taken out by say a nut or a screw that rips it to shred, or being rendered inert by a solar event? So if the satellites are a gamble, and the sure thing are land bases, and observation then it pretty much means that it is the only real way to keep an eye on what all is in the air and in space. And if we look at Operation Fishbowl, the idea of the satellites, simply means that in the event of a war, they are a target and I do not think that it would be beyond the thought of any nuclear power, of launching a weapon into space and knocking out said satellites, thus violating the Space Treaty.

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 01:32 PM
link   
There's nothing in the treaty that prevents you from taking out a satellite as is. Satellites are vulnerable, but between a wide variety of networks and the ability to deploy small, ad hoc replacements, it would be extremely difficult to zap them all. There are built on redundancies. You've got Milstar/AEHF, EHF, TDRS, DSCS, WGS, GBS, etc all serving as relays. You have agreements with commercial operators to buy/hijack their bandwidth as/when needed. We don't need ground stations, although there are a few. There are even some floaty things that have enough bandwidth to serve as relay in a pinch. Do you know what using a groundstation as a relay to another groundstation does? It makes your signal vulnerable to interception and jamming. Why would you possibly want to do that? Especially when it's completely unnecessary.

There are already "screws and solar events" occuring. You never notice. Do you know why? Because there is so much built in redundancy the signal is routed through a different relay. End of story. They schedule a replacement mission with a satellite already sitting in storage (sometimes already mated to a bus even).

There are hundreds of satellites serving as relays right now. Several hundred. You can laze or otherwise kill or incapacitate a sat (some are more vulnerable than others), and it reduce your monitering ability, but will never hurt your relay system. Just one system (TDRS) has nine satellites in geoshnch at thd moment. You know how many the mission requires? Three. Wiith the right two you can cover over 80% of the globe. You're only limited by bandwidth (which is why there are so many other systems). So what are the other six doing? Just hanging out ready to step in line if there is something wrong and one goes offline. TDRS (and several others) are geostationary, so it's a lot less vulnerable and a lot less crowded than other constellations, but there are hundreds of satellites ready to relay data at the flip of the switch.

edit on 26-6-2018 by RadioRobert because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2018 @ 08:37 PM
link   
After months of debate, we have the Department of the Air Force Space Force.

www.defensenews.com...

posted on Dec, 20 2018 @ 08:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Well, close enough. It has Space (space space) Force (force force) in its name.
The existing Space Command continues?

AFSF?

edit on 12/20/2018 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2018 @ 08:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

They will have a Space Force Chief of Staff, and a seat on the JCS. The current proposal is similar to the Navy-Marine relationship.

posted on Dec, 20 2018 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Will his/her (SFCoS) seat on the JCS, also include a free ride past the heliopause in an A*tro-like, TRB-3 craft debriefing of dream-harvesting?

posted on Dec, 20 2018 @ 10:47 PM
link   
Great post, OP!

I love this thread.

So, I think it's interesting to talk about what this force would look like in 50 years, should America make it that far (I think it will).

It's so coincidental I've been streaming Star Trek TNG when this news broke. In fact, I'm on S5E5 (2nd time through in as many years) and I can't help but wonder what Maritime (Spacetime?) law will look like, or if there will be any changes.

It's such a fantasy to live in the early spaceship exploration timeline, should humans make it that far. < And a countless number of other things happen during that time to make it a reality. (energy, lifespan, political will, etc.)

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 03:12 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

You can blame corporations for it. People greed on hiding technology just to get rich. That is US internally fault. Even the Northern Neighbor Canadian counterpart didn't hide technology from the people. Canada got screwed over by US big corps infiltration and buy outs. That is a fact.
edit on 21-12-2018 by makemap because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 12:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Riffrafter

Space forces are what we really need, I suppose we are going to hear about invading Mars or Venus soon )

posted on Mar, 1 2019 @ 11:29 AM
link   
The first details of the new Space Force have been released. Starting in FY20, a Headquarters will be established with approximately 200 personnel, as well as the Undersecretary of the Air Force for Space, and the Chief of Staff, who will sit on the Joint Chiefs. Both of those positions will have to be nominated and confirmed. A total of $2B will be spent over five years, and starting in FY21 existing assets will begin to transfer over to Space Force. Starting in FY23 and FY24, additional units will be stood up to support the organization, with a total of approximately 15,000 personnel transferring to the organization by the end of FY24.

WASHINGTON — The Trump administration plans to spend $2 billion in new funding over a five-year period to create its Space Force, during which roughly 15,000 space-related personnel will transfer from existing roles.

Officials unveiled those details and the Pentagon’s legislative proposal for the new military service March 1. Defense leaders sent the formal proposal to Congress Feb. 27 after President Donald Trump ordered its creation in June.

While many of the details have yet to be determined — will the service have a bootcamp (unclear), its own service academy (no), their own uniforms (possible) or recruitment centers (probably) — a Space Force would share resources such as an acquisition chief, general counsel and chaplains with the broader Department of the Air Force.

www.defensenews.com...

posted on Mar, 2 2019 @ 12:13 AM
link   
Don't know, if they will ever have any ships to go anywhere

posted on Mar, 2 2019 @ 12:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Hyperboles

It's not about ships, or putting people in space. This is about taking multiple agencies, that are all taking money out of the budget, and in many cases, are doing the exact same thing as the other agencies. It's all about consolidation.

posted on Mar, 2 2019 @ 01:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Riffrafter

This sounds to me like its the secret space program that Kerry Cassidy of Project Camelot, has talked about for a number years, becoming mainstream.

posted on Mar, 2 2019 @ 01:44 AM
link   
We already have a Space Force. It's that Trump told you to make aware. It's the Secret Space Force that Gary McKinnon told about 10 years ago and called it Solar Warden.

top topics

<< 12  13  14   >>

join