It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Notice its all about the Child Camps NOW in effect since b4 2014 btw and NOT the IG report?? Hmmmm

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 04:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dfairlite
a reply to: howtonhawky

And if one pretends to seek asylum then never shows up for their court date? That's what was happening. That's why the policy was implemented.

well 2nd offence for crossing is felony

i hear there are many doing that and it should be a crime if it is not

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 04:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: howtonhawky

originally posted by: notsure1
a reply to: TheJesuit

Just another thing Obama did that they can blame Trump for lol..

obama nor any previous president ever detained the majority of children in these situations.

that is the difference here and it is the first time since the japan detentions

Bullsh!t. You're just making things up. We see through you... 👀🚬

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 04:48 PM
link   
a reply to: sdcigarpig

Illegal immigrants being put in holding facilities to be deported or have their asylum cases heard is not, in any way, similar to what FDR did by putting legal immigrants and american citizens in internment camps because they were afraid those people would be disloyal to the US. If you expect anyone to believe such an absurd comparison, you should just go back to calling trump 'literally hitler' as you'll get more traction.

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 04:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: howtonhawky

a reply to: howtonhawky

And if one pretends to seek asylum then never shows up for their court date? That's what was happening. That's why the policy was implemented.

well 2nd offence for crossing is felony

i hear there are many doing that and it should be a crime if it is not

...........well if its a felony, than it is a crime. what do you mean "if its not it should be" it is, hence the term FELONY

Seriously how old are you? I really want to know now, because I have never had a debate with an adult on this forum that had such an uninformed view of how life actually works

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 04:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t
Seeking asylum go to an embassy and apply. Running across a border illegally you get arrested. Quit trying to manipulate the law. It is the law and they broke it. Now if you are so concerned donate ten percent of your income to care for them. Their own countries could give a S#&t for them. Why are you not raising hell over treatment in their own countries. Sick and tired of armchair liberals spending everyone else's hard earned money. We need to take care of our own.

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 04:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: CynConcepts

originally posted by: toms54

originally posted by: MetalThunder

An alternative is to take the names/ information from the "Asylum seekers" then take them and their kids and turn them back to Mexico to await processing of said information.

Lets see what facilities the Mexicans build to house the parents and children.

After All most are trying to escape countries south of Mexico - so Mexico to them should be head and heels better to stay in then the country they fled.

Once approved let the families in.

But we are not allowed to deport them. When they seek asylum they are supposed to be in mortal danger. Sending them back would cause their death (theoretically.)

I think an answer would be to inject them with a pet chip that has GPS so we can locate them. We would have to put it somewhere they couldn't easily remove it. Like into their brain.

Majority of the immigrants requesting asylum are not Mexico citizens. They have come from countries further south. So, I would not see them being in mortal danger by staying in Mexico.

In the past, many who have been released into America have completely disappeared and do not reappear to court proceedings. Most likely why there has become so many sanctuary cities.

Thus, I agree with the poster you were responding to, that they should be able to make their request and apply...then wait their turn outside the border of the US. Currently, the illegal entry families may be separated but they are living quite well within US borders on the backs of American taxpayers. Shelter, food, medical care, etc. expenses will not come out of their pockets.

I feel empathy for their struggle and desire to come to America. I also have sympathy for my current fellow Americans who are in need of shelter, food, and medical care. Naturally, my focus will be on my own family first...then, my community, county, state, country, world...in that order. An outward spiral continues to grow. If you reverse the process, ultimately it will completely implode and everyone suffers.

I'm starting to lean that way also. Maybe they actually can get enough judges, etc. to process them quickly. Still, this isn't going away anytime soon. US will still accept asylum applications even if illegal immigration is stopped completely.

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Why are we outraged about the child internment camps or whatever they're called instead of the IG report, whatever that is?

Because we can only be outraged by what our news media tells us to be outraged by! LOL

And then you can only be outraged if it fits your political media guru's outrage. Meaning unless Rush Limbaugh and Sean Hannity tell you to be outraged by it, you won't be, if your a republican. and unless Rachel Maddow and whomever else works at MSNBC tells you to be outraged, you won't be.

I have a different source. I hop on Threads on ATS and if it seems to be outragouse, I get outraged. LOL

You guys ARE my media news sources!

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 05:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: TonyS

Are the asylum seekers entering legally?
That really is a question I'd like an answer too.

If they enter illegally isn't that a crime?

Or are we in a situation where we have to admit ANYONE and ALL, seeking to enter at Border Crossings claiming asylum?

And if that is the case..............just how F'd up is THAT!

None of the illegal aliens are asylum seekers. If they entered illegally, they didn't apply for anything. We just call them that because that's what the MSM is calling them.

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 05:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: sdcigarpig
a reply to: SailorJerry

Do we now dishonor those who have died in the past to free countries, and people who suffered from this? Ignore the rule of law and that of simple basic human dignity and human rights, the very ideas that the US put forth and help create so long ago? Is the very ideas and sacrifices of our forefathers, so cheap that we can choose to ignore it, to no longer be the beacon that was set up so long ago?

In the past we just sent in the marines to shoot these bastards. Look up Banana Wars.

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 05:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ansuzrune
Seeking asylum go to an embassy and apply. Running across a border illegally you get arrested. Quit trying to manipulate the law. It is the law and they broke it. Now if you are so concerned donate ten percent of your income to care for them. Their own countries could give a S#&t for them. Why are you not raising hell over treatment in their own countries. Sick and tired of armchair liberals spending everyone else's hard earned money. We need to take care of our own.

How about this? If Mexico won't pay for the wall then they have to pay for the immigrants. Put a tax on everything coming in until this is resolved. Not just Mexico, Honduras and Guatemala also.

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 06:01 PM
link   
a reply to: toms54

I say we just take over mexico. Then we'll have a southern border wall.

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Look how this thread turned into an immediate immigration/border debate and almost NOTHING about the IG report ?

Even when Deny Ignorance is the motto, Ignorance/deception/red herring type stuff IS what is being manipulated & masterfully might i add by the MSM & some have spent ALL DAY on here debating literally.

Hmmm...... The proof is right here in this thread the Forum is in the DISINFORMATION thread

What about the IG report- blatant disregard Just take a look at this headline:

The IG Report Shows That The Fix Was In From Start Of The Clinton Email Investigation

Any Questions?

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 06:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Wah.

Don't bring your kids here illegally then.

Problem solved!

Whew.

that was tough!

Now lets fix the economy.

1) That doesn't solve the problem. It's just your wish. As we all know about things like drugs, prostitution, and gambling deterrence punishments aren't solutions to anything and people will do them anyways. They just function as a way for wannabe hardasses to feel self-smug about "fixing" a problem.

2) Seeking asylum isn't breaking the law and those families are being broken up too.

3) Adhering to the law doesn't mean we have to be immorall douches about the process.

Then they need to change the law, make all laws “moral”

That would be cool, then they can start the morality police force!!

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 07:07 PM
link   

a reply to: toms54

I say we just take over mexico. Then we'll have a southern border wall.

We already did that once. Mexican–American War We occupied Mexico in 1846-1848. "The treaty gave the U.S. undisputed control of Texas, established the U.S.-Mexican border of the Rio Grande, and ceded to the United States the present-day states of California, Nevada, and Utah, most of New Mexico, Arizona and Colorado, and parts of Texas, Oklahoma, Kansas, and Wyoming."

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Sounds clear to me. The only news I've even heard is about Comey being investigated for mishandling classified data. Also about Christopher Wray saying some BS.

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 07:14 PM
link   
upon further investigation anyone following the narrative from the MSM is totally and completely ignorant of the truth

if you believe it you are a fool

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 07:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
Ban guns, for the children!
Open borders, for the children!
Raise taxes, for the children!

Contrived BS. . . for the children!

It seems many are looking for history to repeat itself...

The state must declare the child to be the most precious treasure of the people. As long as the government is perceived as working for the benefit of the children, the people will happily endure almost any curtailment of liberty and almost any deprivation.”
― Adolf Hitler

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Why doesn’t Mexico hold these children? Mexico should be handed over these children and Mexico should be the ones responsible for the children’s care and their relocation back to their families.

If I were in charge I would demand that Mexico do this under threat of sanction.

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 07:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

uh oh, now even Bill OReilly has bailed on Trump over this Children in Cages issue.

www.rawstory.com...

Must be too close to his keeping women in cages via his power in order to sexually harass them...metaphorically speaking...

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 07:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: toms54

originally posted by: TonyS

Are the asylum seekers entering legally?
That really is a question I'd like an answer too.

If they enter illegally isn't that a crime?

Or are we in a situation where we have to admit ANYONE and ALL, seeking to enter at Border Crossings claiming asylum?

And if that is the case..............just how F'd up is THAT!

None of the illegal aliens are asylum seekers. If they entered illegally, they didn't apply for anything. We just call them that because that's what the MSM is calling them.

Yep, and one can only seek asylum at a legitimate and established border crossing into the US (or a US Embassy).

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join