It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Notice its all about the Child Camps NOW in effect since b4 2014 btw and NOT the IG report?? Hmmmm

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 02:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

I love this whataboutism crap. No...it's relativism. This should be about peeps writing Congress to demand a change in the laws because as mentioned it started with your girl Reno and Clinton. You are trying to pin it on conservatives with your portrayal of Sessions as a racist.

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 02:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: The GUT

Do all you guys have is whataboutism deflections?

No we have a problem with virtue-signalling hypocrites with TDS. It's embarrassingly clear cut but apparently you don't get embarrassed by being obviously so.

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 02:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: notsure1
a reply to: TheJesuit

Just another thing Obama did that they can blame Trump for lol..

All options considered.

Is NOT implementation.

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 03:00 PM
link   
a reply to: lakenheath24

I've expressed my desires and complaints with prior immigration policies when those administrations were office. Now Trump is in office so I have my complaints about his policies which I see as FAR worse than anything any previous admin has done.

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 03:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: The GUT

No we have a problem with virtue-signalling hypocrites with TDS. It's embarrassingly clear cut but apparently you don't get embarrassed by being obviously so.

Gotcha. You just want to ad hominem me.

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 03:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: sdcigarpig
a reply to: notsure1

Do you go to jail and get separated from your children over a misdemeanor? Last time I checked, the punishments fit the crime and usually those who were convicted in a criminal trial, of a felony had that happen. Yet the only laws about crossing the border illegally is a misdemeanor, and not a felony.

First time DUI is a misdomeaner too but they will lock your butt up in jail until you are processed.

Thats the key

Processed, which is exactly what they are doing, but it seems everyone just wants to ignore this and act like they are being detained indefinitely.

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 03:01 PM
link   
BS
a reply to: Krazysh0t

In March of 1993, The United States Supreme Court issued a ruling in Flores vs Reno. (Yes, “That” Reno. Janet Reno, Bill Clinton’s first Attorney General who ordered that young Elian Gonzalez be torn from his parents arms while hiding in a Miami closet. You might remember the iconic photograph.)

The Court decided that minors could not be incarcerated with the adults accompanying them across the United States border illegally. The decision was the result of a long dispute in how to best care for these children while the adults were detained for criminal proceedings.

You see, when aliens cross the border illegally, they are incarcerated until their criminal case is decided. The understandable argument at the time was “why should children be incarcerated while their parents are in jail?” It seemed a fundamental violation of international human rights. Makes sense, right?

As a result, The Flores case drew a line in the sand. Children could not be incarcerated with their parents or accompanying adult while being held for illegal immigration violations. And a subsequent 1997 agreement stipulated that children must be placed in a safer environment where they could enjoy certain privileges, including education, a clean, safe environment and other normal life cycle amenities that incarcerated individuals do not enjoy.

It was considered a “victory” for human rights. By separating adult and child, we protected the children, reducing any harm done to them for their parent’s or accompanying adult’s decisions.

A lot has happened since then. However; bottom line, these juvenile, shelters have been operating in accordance with the law, and overseen by the Department of Health and Human Services to protect those children from the hazards of parental incarceration since 1997

www.rumormillnews.com...

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 03:03 PM
link   

a reply to: lakenheath24

I've expressed my desires and complaints with prior immigration policies when those administrations were office. Now Trump is in office so I have my complaints about his policies which I see as FAR worse than anything any previous admin has done.

Thats good, could you please post the thread you made during the Obama administration lampooning his policies on immigration

Thanks in advance

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 03:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: The GUT

You can tell its virtue signaling because many of the posters on this thread have actually said "Like Hitler" "Concentration camps" and that came DIRECTLY from the media yesterday and today.

They cant think for themselves.

Then we actually SEE these Hitler-esque concentration camps these kids are held in and what are they?

Filled with Flatscreen TVs, Tai Chi classes, Foosball, Pool rooms, Leather couches, Playstations and Xboxs....

Yeah im sure Auschwitz had all those.

But these virtue signaling leftist, conveniently skirt around that.

Its FAUX outrage at its finest. These people are addicted to outrage, and Trump gives them a reason every day to lose their collective minds , like the media controlled drones they are.

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 03:14 PM
link   
a reply to: howtonhawky

You should do a little bit more research . One of the photos of these camps the media has in wide circulation was found to be from a camp run during Barry's reign.

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 03:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: notsure1
If I break the law and go to jail do my kids go with me? Or do I get separated from them?

Actually if you take your kids with you to break the law, you'll get an extra charge or two.

edit on 18-6-2018 by Bone75 because: typo

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Again this isnt hard, I have no idea why you cant wrap your head around this

There really should be some kind of test to gain access to Social Networks. It's not about how you feed on an issue... it's about the TRUTH of an issue!

Py

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 03:40 PM
link   

One teenager told an advocate who visited that she was helping care for a young child she didn't know because the child's aunt was somewhere else in the facility. She said she had to show others in her cell how to change the girl's diaper.

www.chicagotribune.com...

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 04:03 PM
link   
sarah sanders didn't want to do the briefing today - bless her wee heart.

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 04:05 PM
link   
a reply to: SailorJerry

After looking at the DUI laws, here is what I can see: The first time is a slap on the wrist, one is not locked up. Every time after that, the class goes up, until by the third time it becomes a felony and the penalties are far tougher and reflect such. Most cases it is a fine and no jail time, usually probation. So once again, what misdemeanor is where the entire family ends up in jail?

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 04:08 PM
link   
a reply to: sdcigarpig

After looking at the DUI laws, here is what I can see: The first time is a slap on the wrist, one is not locked up.

No you go to jail, they dont just turn you lose, I had one years and years ago, I was able to post bail until my hearing, however if i could not afford bail, i would have been there until my hearing and subsequent fining.

And if i had my children with me, they wouldnt have gotten to go with me to jail, they would have separated me from them.

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Lol democrats wanna argue about children being separated from adults, but refuse to discuss the crime and consequences of breaking the law by irresponsible adults.

Priceless. Incongruity indeed.

Thank god I have a brain. I don’t like kids being removed from parents but I also do not like people breaking the law. The USA is not a refugee camp we have to have borders, it’s all political thou the democrats don’t care if they did bi partisan talks would be happening in DC instead it’s oh the children and not the crimes.

Close to satire to be honest for anyone that can critically think.

Of course the democrats do not want attention placed on the ig report.
edit on 18-6-2018 by Bicent because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Folks it’s important to use other means to gather information besides the main stream media outlets, it’s severely bias, and brainwashing. Sorry for flooding the Internet can be used instrumentally to gather the FACTS OF THIS story. Yet in this case it’s a bit simple. Don’t break the law.

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 04:27 PM
link   
a reply to: howtonhawky

And if one pretends to seek asylum then never shows up for their court date? That's what was happening. That's why the policy was implemented.

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 04:34 PM
link   
a reply to: SailorJerry
But this is not like a DUI, if anything it is more like a tresspassing. But beyond that, there is no lie on the books that state the families have to be separated. That is policy. The very idea that this is happening and how it is being handled is very similar to that which the USA fought against and even admitted to and paid restoration for from the past.

Do we now dishonor those who have died in the past to free countries, and people who suffered from this? Ignore the rule of law and that of simple basic human dignity and human rights, the very ideas that the US put forth and help create so long ago? Is the very ideas and sacrifices of our forefathers, so cheap that we can choose to ignore it, to no longer be the beacon that was set up so long ago?

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join