It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are you saying all Asians look the same? Only us Korean Asians can say that

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 09:45 AM
link   
This is so cool - I'm actually triggered to write a thread about it.

"2018 World Cup: South Korea players swapped shirts in warm-ups to try and confuse opponents"
www.dailytelegraph.com.au... 69a27210ceac3d6cb2e9e92

SOUTH Korea’s coach Shin Tae-yong said he deliberately made his team wear different numbered shirts in recent friendlies to confuse World Cup opponents who cannot tell his players apart....

The astonishing claim came just 24 hours before his side open their World Cup campaign against Sweden, a seemingly tame encounter which has been spiced up by claims of spying as well as the Korean coach’s shirt subterfuge.

further

In his press conference, Swedish coach Janne Andersson was forced to apologise after it was claimed one of his scouts had been caught spying on the Koreans at a closed training session in Austria.

But the claim by his Korean opposite number added an extra layer of intrigue to the Group F clash. “

All of the others played in numbers a little bit confusing, that’s why we switched the numbers,” Shin Tae-yong said.

“It’s very difficult for Westerners to distinguish between Asians, that’s why we did that.”
The plan may have backfired on the Koreans though as they lost to Senegal 2-0, and drew with Bolivia 0-0 in their final warm-up games for Russia.

Asked about claims that Sweden had spied on his team, Shin Tae-yong was calm, saying: “I don’t think that’s bad”, adding that all teams needed to know about their opponents.

Social psychology behind it for reference
"Cross-race effect"
en.wikipedia.org...

I'll let people draw their own conclusions.
All's fair in sport I suppose until you get caught

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 09:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight

"2018 World Cup: South Korea players swapped shirts in warm-ups to try and confuse opponents"

Hahahahahah...they are oh so tricky!

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 11:43 AM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

I've travelled all of Asia except China (although I have 'seen' China at the border with Laos) and I can easily tell the differences between people.
I guess maybe spying on a training session from a distance would be more difficult though, so I can understand the coach making such a decision.

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Oh that's too funny.

I still cant get past the jingoism of the ones with that 'oriental look' asserting themselves as The Stereotypical "Asian", when Asia is the largest continent on Earth and has about every flavor of homo sapiens ever. Especially when you realize that there is no "Europe" (there is only Eurasia).

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Me Chinese.
Me play joke.
Me put pee-pee in your Coke.

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 01:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Skywatcher2011

www.thelocal.se...

caught spying on Monday's opponents at a closed training session in Austria. The row centres on Swedish scout Lasse Jacobsson who reportedly covertly watching the Koreans prepare for the World Cup. Jacobsson had apparently rented a house in the town of Leogang, near Salzburg to 'spy' on Sweden's first opponents. "He heard about a practice session, he didn't understand that it was a closed session, he didn't understand and he watched from a distance," said Andersson, attempting to downplay the incident.

So he rented a house near the training ground to look at a closed practice session? And they call that spying?
How can it be a closed session if its out on a field.

The real question should be who alerted the Swedes from Austria?

hahahaha

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 01:04 PM
link   
a reply to: CornishCeltGuy

Oh i agree. What I find funny is that if these words came from a non--Asian there'd be hell to pay.

Nevermind the numbered sweaters, I wonder if Germany should be training in balaclavas after their loss to Mexico.

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 01:15 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Yeah it is funny - and I get that we will soon drop the Oz and get called

former Australian Constitutional monarchy of Australasia - FACMOA.

We're still considered 1 of the seven continents. yippee....

Especially when you realize that there is no "Europe

You should read my thread here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

“Why a degree in Western civilisation failed”

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 01:17 PM
link   
a reply to: skunkape23

So thats why the New Coke failed in 1985. Your older than I thought

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 01:17 PM
link   

LMAO!
Ski masks and sunny's

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Tell them apart? I thought there was just a male and female model that was mass produced in China.

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 02:37 AM
link   
It's easier to tell the nationality of asians than caucasians.

If I showed you a picture of 3 white people and said to point out the canadian, the german and the australian, it'd be near impossible.

But with 4 white people and I ask to point out the american, the canadian, the german and the australian, it would be a little easier.

The american is the fat one.

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 04:17 AM
link   
I think this young lady is demonstrating some warm up exercises for her World Cup soccer appearance.

Im not sure what nationality she is.

But I guess she is either from, Very Delectable, Absolutely Scumdidillyumptious, or OMGyespleaseLoveUlongtime.....

Either way is doesnt matter to me..........

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 09:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight
a reply to: CornishCeltGuy

Oh i agree. What I find funny is that if these words came from a non--Asian there'd be hell to pay.

Nevermind the numbered sweaters, I wonder if Germany should be training in balaclavas after their loss to Mexico.

Kind of like Robert D. Jr playing as a black man in Tropic Thunder

Cameo.

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 09:26 AM
link   
a reply to: gort51

I watched the video too...cute song..nice little dancing. I would be thinking Chinese, but born in Singapore...she kind of looks like Jet Li.

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 03:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Skywatcher2011

You should look up a recent picture of Jet Li. Scared the crap out of me, that dude turned old quick

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 05:33 PM
link   
a reply to: gort51

Thank God they're wearing suspenders; I couldn't tell them apart from their un-numbered "sweaters"

new topics

top topics

join