It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Coal isn't great again...yet another Trump failure

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 08:08 AM
link   
Looks like the Bloomberg article and the "Guest" intelligentsia will easily add 10 million Republican votes and probably help stop 5 million Democrats from voting.

😎✅

link   
a reply to: BeefNoMeat

Indeed.

As with most matters that some try to reduce to overly simplistic points, the situation with coal in the US spans decades.

link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Whatever you guys wanna do is cool with me. Won't make you right.

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 08:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Looks like the Bloomberg article and the "Guest" intelligentsia will easily add 10 million Republican votes and probably help stop 5 million Democrats from voting.

😎✅

Pfft. Bwahahaha.

At least you're consitent.

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 08:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

Whatever you guys wanna do is cool with me. Won't make you right.

My question was not directed at what "us guys" want to do, but with what you would prefer ...

Is Stalin a better comparison to Trump?

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 08:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: IkNOwSTuff
Why can’t you people just be happy the country’s doing ok for a change?

Because admitting that things are doing okay would mean that maybe their policies were failures and they can never admit that.

Many on the left appear upset that things are doing better.

They want us to suffer and when we aren't, they get upset. It is the oddest damned thing.

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 08:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

originally posted by: Gryphon66
a reply to: UKTruth

I don't need to remind you that correlation doesn't equal causation.

Coal is not a sustainable resource really, is it?

Are you faulting businesses for moving on to better solutions?

Technology does not keep pace in all countries.
You'll note that the increase in production is driven by exports.
As demand for alternative forms of energy rises and is viable to build/distribute worldwide then coal will die.
There is no need to kill growth in the interim.
Obama pulled the trigger way too early and hurt a lot of people in the process.

Coal isn’t going anywhere for the next 50 years, globally. It’s been a few years, but last I checked China/India are dotting the landscapes with coal-fired power plants. Those ‘new’ coal plants will fire for 60+ years — no ‘early’ decommissioning of those plants because of pollution. You can bet the farm on that.

Coal is dead in the US as a power generation feedstock. They’ll be mining in Wyoming till the cows come home — I don’t think they ever come home in WY becomes of ‘open range’/‘open grazing’....just saying.

Plus the EIA doesn’t forecast the “death of coal”. Worked with those peeps back in the day. Solid lot. They know their projections.

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 08:20 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Pfft.

The economic trends of 2011-2016 are continuing. That's great.

Concerns about President Trump are in the areas in which we are basically being made to look like clueless idiots on the world stage.

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 08:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Cancerwarrior
a reply to: DJW001

If they did not commit a crime, why are they being punished?

Last I checked, Illegal Immigration was still illegal. Hence why people who immigrate to this country legally don't have this problem.

Don't worry: once you get used to treating children like cattle their lives become subject to cost benefit analysis... and culling becomes a viable option.

You do know those pictures of the kids in cages was from 2014 right? Who was president then? Why were none of you all butthurt about it then? Cos' Trump and all.

Besides, Trump is merely enforcing the immigration laws laid out by Hussein. Enforcing the laws is the mans job.

That is a lie, of course. But that's off topic.

www.whitehouse.gov...

The President is responsible for implementing and enforcing the laws written by Congress and, to that end, appoints the heads of the federal agencies, including the Cabinet.

Get your facts straight before you accuse people of lying. I don't know what makes you people think the world cares about your feelings.

The Nazis were great for some Germans for a little while,

Of course, any Trump bashing thread is not complete without a reference to Hitler, proving you know absolutely nothing about history, or civics.

Didn't President Trump campaign on reversing all the things President Obama did?

An easy win would be to not separate families like him, then.

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Yeah, peace might really suck if it happened on the Korean peninsula.

And use that same justification when you start endorsing raising taxes.

It'll be a hoot!

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 08:28 AM
link   

a reply to: DBCowboy

Pfft.

The economic trends of 2011-2016 are continuing. That's great.

Concerns about President Trump are in the areas in which we are basically being made to look like clueless idiots on the world stage.

That is what is confusing me the most.

How can people say the "policies were failures" when Trump is riding the coattails of the successes of the last administration? We have yet to experience the benefits/consequences of any significant Trump presidency economic policies.

So what they are admitting is that the previous admins policies worked well, but they are also failing.

Seems they are talking out of both sides of their mouths.

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 08:28 AM
link   
So what do you replace the coal with to make electricity? Natural gas? Remember, energy is formed by cleaving the bond in fuel, heat and energy is produced when burning things by breaking that bond. There is lots of polution from burning natural gas too, if they use a scrubber on the smokestacks of coal fired plants they can make it way cleaner. Around here they are switching to natural gas, one disaster on the pipelines in the winter and we are not even able to use space heaters to heat our house. Lose the gas that heats the homes and also the gas that does the power.

Nuclear plants are not clean, it destroys the environment mining the stuff and processing it is expensive but that is not the worst part. We are just burying the spent rods and not properly dealing with them, leaving them for future generations.

Wind energy does have it's drawbacks too, and creation of solar panels is very bad for our environment and their life is not that long. Water generation is not bad but the dams can be a problem too.

The liberal way of fixing carbon emissions is not any better, fracking is very bad for multiple reasons, you need to be reasonable with stuff like that. Risk assessment should be considered, lately people do not evaluate long term risk enough.

Lowering energy use by stopping waste is the best way to do it. Look at the night pictures from space, big areas of light all over the place. Is that necessary? We waste a real lot of energy all over the place, including way too much traveling going on around the world.

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 08:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Yeah, peace might really suck if it happened on the Korean peninsula.

And use that same justification when you start endorsing raising taxes.

It'll be a hoot!

Peace in our time? Ask David Lloyd George.

Some taxes do need to be raised mostly on higher income brackets.

There's no reason that the poor and the middle class should have to subsidize the rich.

Also, it'd be nice if like the rest of us big corporations paid their fair share, eh?

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Hmmm ... that sounds a lot like partisan hand-waving.

Show us some statistics and numbers.

The data was in the link I already sent regarding exports.
That same site also has production going all the way back to the 40's.

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 08:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: introvert
... Seems they are talking out of both sides of their mouths.

Sometimes, it's really hard from an objective point of view not to see it that way.

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Your definition of "fair" obviously differs from mine.

But then again, I don't suffer from "payroll envy".

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 08:31 AM
link   

LOL ... so you can't backup your claim?

Sure ... more gesturing toward the vague and unsubstantiated.

Par for the course, sadly.

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 08:32 AM
link   
a reply to: BeefNoMeat

I think 60-100 years is a reasonable projection for coal to be a minor energy source - agree with you.

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 08:36 AM
link   
a reply to: gariac

Coal. The black gold Great Britain needs for their fleet of dreadnoughts, especially with all the fuzz in the colonies lately.

I've heard they're about to start some opium schemes in China next, better fill up your stash now!

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 08:36 AM
link   

LOL ... so you can't backup your claim?

Sure ... more gesturing toward the vague and unsubstantiated.

Par for the course, sadly.

What is par for the course is that you've been incorrect consistently. You let your anti-Trump emotions get the better of you and now have to swallow the fact that:
1) coal production saw its highest YoY increase in 2017, since 2001.
2) It reached a record high just before Obama came into office.
3) over Obama's term production fell by a record amount.

Facts, and all linked via the EIA source I provided you.

You do so regularly back yourself into corners and make an ass of yourself. It's rather amusing.

edit on 18/6/2018 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join