It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Coal isn't great again...yet another Trump failure

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 05:47 AM
link   
a reply to: DerBeobachter

You know when you go straight to Hitler you have nothing intelligent to add to the discussion.

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 05:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr
a reply to: TrueBrit

Wages have increased 4.8 percent in 12 months. And do to low unemployment the estimates for the next 12 months is expected to double. This disadvantage is that is a huge indication of inflation so the feds going to have to work overtime to reign that in.

Assuming that they want their growth figures to reflect real, rather than illusory growth. If the economy "expands" by 4% with an inflation rate of 5%, they can still claim they have doubled the rate of the past two administrations.

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 05:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: IkNOwSTuff
I like the way you say “Another” of Trumps failures as if there’s dozens of them.

Why can’t you people just be happy the country’s doing ok for a change?

President Obama left the country in good shape. It is Trump's economy to screw up. Deficit spending to the tune of $2 trillion can make things look better than they are. This GOP drunken sailor spending always catches up with them, Reagan being the prime example.

The reality is the energy companies know Trump can be gone in a year if things work out well for the country. No use in investing in what Trump wants when he will soon be history.

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 05:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn
a reply to: DerBeobachter

You know when you go straight to Hitler you have nothing intelligent to add to the discussion.

You are proving his point by refusing to look at it. It is not just about the economy, it is about the health of the institutions that protect citizens like you and me. Prisons for children? Seriously? You're okay with that?

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 05:53 AM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

You missed the point.

No, I didn't. I made my counter point to the spun opinion.

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 05:56 AM
link   

You're going off topic. This isn't about the kids of illegal immigrants being put in daycare centers.

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 05:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

You missed the point.

No, I didn't. I made my counter point to the spun opinion.

I meant the point of what you yourself quoted. Coal is not economically viable. That is not "spin," that is the point.

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 05:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit
a reply to: burgerbuddy

Which fat lady are you talking about?

Yellowstone? I mean, if that kicks off it won't matter either way.

I think we have a few months before that happens.

2024 when Trump leaves office is what I’m talking about.

But yeah, either way.

Dem win or Yellowstone.

No diff.

link   

originally posted by: DJW001
a reply to: JinMI

To roughly translate, the economy has taken a massive upswing. Alternative energy sources are back into the fold and technology has advanced far enough that these businesses think they be able to finally turn a proper profit from obtaining and distributing energy by other means.

You missed the point. Trump carried the Rust Belt by lying about coal. It was never clean or beautiful. Unemployed coal miners and steel workers, many of whom are now drug addicts, voted for him in the hopes that Trump would revive nineteenth century technologies. Those technologies are obsolete for a reason: they are no longer economically viable. The question, as usual, is: was Trump deliberately lying, or is he delusional? Meanwhile, the number of unemployed in the Rust Belt is dwindling as blue collar workers die of overdoses. MAGA?

I think you missed the point coal production has increased and will continue to do so for decades as many countries demand continues to increase. The US doesnt have to use coal for demand to increase. And the argument is silly. My view point is sell as much coal as possible to countries like china while the demand is high.

As for your views on the rust belt that just elitist garbage. Read the article below and one more thing let me give you some advice. Want to bash Trump stay away from the economy.

money.cnn.com...

link   
a reply to: gariac

Is this the best you never trumpers can come up with?

Looks to me like the man has taken off time from being Adolph Hitler to actually get snip done.

At first it was comical, all of the trump bashing, then it was annoying, now you people have exposed yourselves as just a sad pathetic hate filled lot who counts on the mockingbird media to tell you what to think and believe.

Energy sector will do nothing but continue to get better.

Go ahead and keep hatin’....Trump will keep making the country great again.

You heard he had two scoops of ice cream right? The audacity!!

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 06:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn

You're going off topic. This isn't about the kids of illegal immigrants being put in daycare centers.

Correct. I'm simply pointing out that "reducto ad Hitlerum" is not necessarily a fallacy, it is a lesson from history. Like "they came for the Communists." Right now, they are coming for the Mexicans. You need to stop judging what is going on from the perspective of "is life better for old white men?"

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 06:00 AM
link   

What a petty statement,typical of a liberal,they see progress and changes for the good of country,laws being abided,to them this is what ever adjective that they care to stick to a stigma,he is doing good things,they percieve as bad,how ignorant

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 06:01 AM
link   

Well is it a fallacy?

Both nationalist movements were started from a basis of creating a false idea of what it meant to be from a place or a citizen of it, both determined, despite good sense and morality arguing against it, that certain people were to be distrusted purely because of their nation of birth, or their religious or ethnic background, idiotic eugenicist nonsense gets spouted by the mouthpieces of both movements. Hitler had psychological maladjustments relating to his inferiority, expressing itself as his determination that he would become supreme in the eyes of his people. Trump has a malignant narcissistic trait, which makes him desire the adoration and attention of the people, and has determined that the best way to get that adoration, is to deliberately alienate large portions of the citizens and residents of the United States, so that he can play the hardman to the other half.

Both movements separated children from their parents, both movements lied about their motivations for doing so, both movements used law to hide behind, while violating the human rights of people within their borders, both movements ignored due process, and changed the law or the narrative so that no one would cotton on to that move, and both movements considered it right and just because it was all in the aid of defence of the country, from a threat which did not actually exist. Both movements claimed invasion, where no invasion was occurring. Both movements claimed that a certain demographic were the source of all the countries problems, despite both countries being responsible for their own downfall, and no one else. Both movements were more interested in appearing powerful, than actually aiding the workers, and neither movement can objectively be said to have been started with unity rather than division in mind.

The only thing that differs with the Trump administration and the movement which ushered him into office, is that the concentration camps have not yet been opened, and the mass murder has not yet begun. That is literally the only difference.

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 06:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001

To roughly translate, the economy has taken a massive upswing. Alternative energy sources are back into the fold and technology has advanced far enough that these businesses think they be able to finally turn a proper profit from obtaining and distributing energy by other means.

You missed the point. Trump carried the Rust Belt by lying about coal. It was never clean or beautiful. Unemployed coal miners and steel workers, many of whom are now drug addicts, voted for him in the hopes that Trump would revive nineteenth century technologies. Those technologies are obsolete for a reason: they are no longer economically viable. The question, as usual, is: was Trump deliberately lying, or is he delusional? Meanwhile, the number of unemployed in the Rust Belt is dwindling as blue collar workers die of overdoses. MAGA?

Hence, the Wall!

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 06:03 AM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

I think you missed the point coal production has increased and will continue to do so for decades as many countries demand continues to increase. The US doesnt have to use coal for demand to increase. And the argument is silly. My view point is sell as much coal as possible to countries like china while the demand is high.

China is aggressively developing alternative energy. What will happen when the demand disappears? (Also, the current combination of trade war plus easing of sanctions on DPRK means China will turn to North Korea for its coal supply.)

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 06:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Oldtimer2

What a petty statement,typical of a liberal,they see progress and changes for the good of country,laws being abided,to them this is what ever adjective that they care to stick to a stigma,he is doing good things,they percieve as bad,how ignorant

Trying to revive nineteenth century technology is not, by definition, "progress."

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 06:05 AM
link   

Please, spare us all the bleeding heart liberal spill, it’s just so late 90’s.

Immigrants kids are just poor victims of Trump, meanwhile kids not born are perfectly ok to kill.

Besides, Trump is merely enforcing the immigration laws laid out by Hussein. Enforcing the laws is the mans job.

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 06:06 AM
link   
a reply to: burgerbuddy

This is why I came to ATS long ago to read, I try to keep an open mind but dang you guys make 2 decent pints of booze. I'll drink none.

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 06:07 AM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

Again, I think you are failing to understand the question I am asking.

Wages going up by 4.8 percent is just fine, as long as the cost of living is also in decline, the cost of food, energy, rent most particularly... If wages are not going up and the prices of things declining, then nothing is actually better, because the trend is for the prices of these things to keep travelling northward, which will mean that 4.8 percent is swept up and made irrelevant.

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 06:10 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

:waves hand:

Me.

Life has gotten a lot better for me and my family. More money in the paycheck, so we can afford our bills a lot better. Wife got that $1,000 bonus from Walmart. Less taxes being taken out. More people that I know here in RL that were having a hard time finding a job, have found them.

In fact, I'd have to say the only thing that has gotten worse for me with Trump as POTUS is: Being a moderator here on ATS.

So many on here have lost their minds over it. Makes moderating a challenge. All the bile and hate spewed by those that hate Trump, and all the bile and hate spewed by those that hate those that hate Trump.

That is at least one thing I will give Obama: At least while he was POTUS, the amount of hate was a dull roar, more like background noise.

Now? A year and a half after Trump was elected, and y'all are still acting INSANE with hate (against him and one another).

Sheesh.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join