It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tooth-whitening adverts are racist!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2018 @ 08:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Antipathy17

Not sure.

posted on Jun, 17 2018 @ 09:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Subrosabelow
You're a little late on the skin whitening products.

Those have been around for a long, long time. Whitening skin is a popular thing in Asian countries as women there try to look more 'westernized.'

That's not actually why Asians whiten their skin, it doesn't have anything to do with being "westernized".

Historically, if you had a tan, it meant you toiled via hard labor (farming and whatnot) That was not desirable, and historically over there, the whiter the skin, the less time you spent in the sun because your family had money and therefore you didn't have to work at all. It was a symbol of higher status, of money. Which in turn meant that the women that worked fields were of lower status.

This is HUGELY evident in India, where the caste system does a fairly good job of reflecting who's considered crap based on skin (Dahlit) and who's not (Brahman) The darker your skin is in India, the lower and lower you go on the cultural totem pole, you're practically worthless. The lighter the skin, the better off you are. Doesn't have squat to do with the English history in India, either.
Edit: This is not to say some skin cream is going to change your caste, it's not. You're born into it & stuck with it unless you marry up. Someone in a lower rung caste might simply be treated a tad better if they're less dark.

It's an antiquated class thing, not a "Europeans are prettier" thing.
Sources = my old Indian boss, Chinese stepmother & search engines.
edit on 6/17/2018 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2018 @ 09:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

originally posted by: visitedbythem
We need to see more green teeth, yellow teeth, and Black teeth
I think the teeth in one's mouth need to be proportionally diverse to reflect the population!

Taste the rainbow.

"Stop microaggressing my teeth brah."

edit on 6172018 by CreationBro because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2018 @ 09:53 PM
link   
a reply to: CreationBro

Just wondering, If I kissed the dude above would that be more a melt in your mouth or a candy-crunch sensation?

edit on 17-6-2018 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2018 @ 10:38 PM
link   
It's such a fad, but probably one here to stay. I keep mine white too, but I like my coffee black so it's a constant struggle.

If I flip a movie on TV, I immediately know when it's old because everyone's teeth are yellow.
Sigh. Life was easier then.

But vanity. Not racism, lol!

posted on Jun, 17 2018 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Does this mean white goods can now be called kitchen appliances?

posted on Jun, 17 2018 @ 11:40 PM
link   
If a tooth paste commercial made you think about racism and race relations then I'm afraid the programming and brainwashing has been completed on you. They've got you hook line and sinker with their race bait and I don't think there's any hope of you coming back out of the muck they've drowned you in.

Good luck on your recovery.

posted on Jun, 17 2018 @ 11:51 PM
link   
I figured our Brit members got the #ed up teeth part covered.

Say CHEEEEESEEEE

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 12:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: FinallyAwake
Does this mean white goods can now be called kitchen appliances?

That is NOT a very nice thing to call the wife.

And PLEASE for the love of god, no one bring up Anal Bleaching.

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 12:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic
I figured our Brit members got the #ed up teeth part covered.

Say CHEEEEESEEEE

Hard to say cheese with a potato in your mouth.

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 12:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
If a tooth paste commercial made you think about racism and race relations then I'm afraid the programming and brainwashing has been completed on you. They've got you hook line and sinker with their race bait and I don't think there's any hope of you coming back out of the muck they've drowned you in.

Good luck on your recovery.

Now just think of all the people around you, who never thought for themselves, were baited into a way of thinking, and now see everything as a form of oppression needing to be combated by any means necessary.

Then re-read the OP to find the satire.

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 01:00 AM
link   
Are black teeth natural ?
IF I'm going to change my albedo with melanine am I racist ?
Melanine for white people should be free don't you think ?
Some girls turn into boys naturally at puberty.

Point :

Well I fell for this 'liberal' crap. It's just liberals using their troll accounts to get people to kiss their main account. Basically is every bit of information is like a gene on the internet. And only the fittest survive. And this crap survives because people react on it and Algorithms favor it () presents in the Search engines. Result is

'Screwed up society'.
People trolling to make money
Eventually people becoming imprisoned for speaking-out what once was common sense.

As an Thought experiment I'll pushing :

Melanine should be free for white people , white people should be able to become black if they wish so.

so Let's see when it hits MSM.....
CNN , 4chan is a mysterious hacker , is he a racist ?

Still don't understand ? The emperor doesn't wear any clothes , shout it from the roof top everyone be honest that is all it takes to save the planet !

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 01:01 AM
link   
a reply to: halfoldman

I think we all should just rip our skins, teeth, eyes lips and tongues off, then there will be no way anyone can complain or find differences.

Except when someone is taller or fatter then we should just the extra parts off so everyone is equally tall and at the exact same weight and body form

And i you are smarter then we should prevent it by hitting you in the head until you either become less smart or die because there should not be smarter people making fun or looking down on less smarter people

And why do we have Tv if you can see them all and maybe there this tv show where the director of the hospital is white and there is this other guy that is not, that can be right lets kill the tv show, let's not have tv shows at all because some people have better jobs and may not be the right color of skin or eyes

Wait don't go out on the street there are sometimes black people driving buses and white people being cops, and then the politicians are all white and the pope in italy is white and what the hell is going on in the world everyone is different and the light causes different colors to show up!!

Wait that's it, the color is to blame, the sun is racist because it sends light that turns into different colors, let's ban the sun and everything will be ok forever and ever

Look, something not politically correct from my best friend

I guess inqisition will be here very soon

Except the guys in Mexico could not stop laughing and took pictures and it was such a great time

No one got offended how weird, right?

What is wrong with you all?
edit on 18-6-2018 by WarriorMH because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 01:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: SummerRain
Then re-read the OP to find the satire.

Is it satire? Very hard to say i have seen so many other people doing the same and very seriously, i don't even know by how i have seen so far

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 02:02 AM
link   
South Africa : the Khoisan tribes vs the the Nguni tribes regarding the renaming of Cape Town International Airport.
Krotoa vs. Winnie Mandela Airport?

www.youtube.com...
edit on 18-6-2018 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 03:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: halfoldman
South Africa : the Khoisan tribes vs the the Nguni tribes regarding the renaming of Cape Town International Airport.
Krotoa vs. Winnie Mandela Airport?

www.youtube.com...

CCCP had no names for schools or so, it was just like 'School #4' or 'School #100', you should go that way, not very far and even closer from what i can see lol

Why have names, names imply color of skin, beliefs, doctrines and a lot of other things are dragged along with a name.

Just be plain and simple and name everything with a number, Hospital #1, 2 or 3. Airport #1, School #1, Son #1, Car #1 at House #2, so simple

My parents didn't have it very bad with that as far i've heard

Maybe we can all eventually move to Complex #2 in City #10 on State #4 in Continent #2, very efficient for postal office and AI, no chance of error there!

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 03:08 AM
link   

Here in Taiwan, we have a black man toothpaste and a white man toothpaste. the local A1 sauce (kind of like HP) is called red man. Wow, just wow!

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 03:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: BlackOops

Here in Taiwan, we have a black man toothpaste and a white man toothpaste. the local A1 sauce (kind of like HP) is called red man. Wow, just wow!

Something is wrong with the link, can't be played

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 03:23 AM
link   
a reply to: BlackOops

LMFAO I can see it now, 'darkie' is now 'darlie' xaxa

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 04:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Subrosabelow

Really?!?!
Do they not know how much we Americans spend on tanning, spray tans, and tanning lotion?!?!
Oh well... Thanks for the interesting fact!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join