It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Roger Stone admits colluding with Russians

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 12:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

The article is clearly meant to be a slanted piece to make Trump look bad, and even they admit to seeing records which show he lived in the US with permission from the US government and worked for the FBI.

They cite records — independently examined by The Post — showing that the man who approached Stone is actually a Russian national who has claimed to work as an FBI informant.

Interviews and additional documents show that Greenberg has at times used the name Henry Oknyansky. Under that name, he claimed in a 2015 court filing related to his immigration status that he had provided information to the FBI for 17 years. He attached records showing that the government had granted him special permission to enter the United States because his presence represented a “significant public benefit.”

There is no evidence that Greenberg was working with the FBI in his interactions with Stone, and in his court filing, Greenberg said he had stopped his FBI cooperation sometime after 2013.

Greenberg, in text messages with The Post, denied that he had been acting on the FBI’s behalf when he met with Stone.

An FBI spokeswoman declined to comment, as did a spokesman for Mueller’s office.
---
He attached to the statement government documents outlining his immigration history.

Between 2008 and 2012, the records show, he repeatedly was extended permission to enter the United States under a “significant public benefit parole.” The documents list an FBI agent as a contact person. The agent declined to comment.

Immigration lawyer David Leopold, former president of the American Immigration Lawyers Association, said the documents described an immigration history generally consistent with Greenberg’s claims that he had been allowed to enter the United States to assist law enforcement.

In a 2015 court declaration, Greenberg — using the last name Oknyansky — said he’d been giving information to the FBI since returning to Russia from the United States in 2000.

“Wherever I was, from Iran to North Korea, I always send information to” the FBI, he wrote. “I cooperated with the FBI for 17 years, often put my life in danger. Based on my information, there is so many arrests criminal from drugs and human trafficking, money laundering and insurance frauds.”

I actually like this article quite a bit because while attempting to attack Trump, apparently they fail to see it does far more damage to the opponents of Trump.
edit on 19/6/2018 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 12:58 AM
link   
a reply to: ChaoticOrder
I read the article.

You said he was a US citizen. I asked for a source for that statement. Do you have one?

I asked whether his claim that he worked for the FBI has been verified. Has it?
edit on 6/19/2018 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 01:03 AM
link   

The article states they had an immigration lawyer look over the documents and found them to be legitimate. Obviously I don't have much more proof than that but imo there's not much more we really need to know... all parties seem to agree he worked for the FBI and the FBI its self refuses to comment. What you want to believe is up to you.

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 01:05 AM
link   
a reply to: ChaoticOrder

The article states they had an immigration lawyer look over the documents and found them to be legitimate.

showing that the man who approached Stone is actually a Russian national who has claimed to work as an FBI informant.

But where did you come up with the US citizen part? Because that would be an important detail.

edit on 6/19/2018 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 01:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

That's not my commit.

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 01:22 AM
link   

But where did you come up with the US citizen part? Because that would be an important detail.

When I made that post I was just going of my memory of the article from a few days ago and and I assumed if he worked with the FBI so long he must be a US citizen. Obviously that's not quite the case, he was granted some sort of special permission to reside in the US because he was working with the FBI.

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 02:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: Gryphon66

Republicans are special. All full of virtue and stuff. All of them.

Democrats are evil incarnate. All of them.

Nah but the Dems are pulled in 5 different directions...they truly believe the chaos they live in.

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 02:19 PM
link   
a reply to: gariac

The title of this thread is completely idiotic.

You do realize Stone is the one who brought this news out right? It is because he is trying to educate the public that the FBI tried inserting another spy / operative into the Trump campaign.

Only a demented twisted individual would take from this that Stone is colluding with a Russian.

1. He told the guy to take a hike -THAT IS THE OPPOSITE OF COLLUSION.
2. This guy hid the fact he was Russian - so Stone never even knew he was.

edit on 19-6-2018 by proximo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 05:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: timequake

The 15 Russians' only crime was not listing as foreign agents, not the actions they took in themselves, i.e., posting on social media.

From in or around 2014 to the present , Defendants knowingly and intentionally conspired with each other (and with persons known and unknown to the Grand Jury) to defraud the United States by impairing, obstructing, and defeating the lawful functions of the government through fraud and deceit for the purpose of interfering with the U.S. political and electoral processes , including the presidential election of 2016.

www.justice.gov...

You might want to review. There's more.

Yeah, it essentially backs up what I said. As an attorney you see conflated charges all the time--which does not in and of itself prove anything--so that something seems like more than it is. If one is desperate to find "operatives" trying to damage our electoral process, the government will find them. In this case, it is simply that the government is using a novel means of suggesting that use of social media platforms equates to interference with the electoral process. Think about that for a moment. I can point to several people on this website that do just that everyday.

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 12:20 AM
link   

You are kind of leaving out the part where that Russian is a known FBI informant and likely was a setup.

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 01:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Stuship

You are kind of leaving out the part where that Russian is a known FBI informant and likely was a setup.
Well, Stone certainly wants people to think that.
In any case, Stone lied.

edit on 6/20/2018 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 02:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: proximo

The title of this thread is completely idiotic.

You do realize Stone is the one who brought this news out right? It is because he is trying to educate the public that the FBI tried inserting another spy / operative into the Trump campaign.

Only a demented twisted individual would take from this that Stone is colluding with a Russian.

1. He told the guy to take a hike -THAT IS THE OPPOSITE OF COLLUSION.
2. This guy hid the fact he was Russian - so Stone never even knew he was.

Or could be his lawyers found out Mueller knew about the meeting. In which case they would want to get out in front of it since he said he didn't meet with Russians. You have no bnb idea why he decided to tell this story neither do i. So you telling us he did this to educate the public is your opinion.

posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 12:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: gariac
www.washingtonpost.com... 123c8-6fd0-11e8-bd50-b80389a4e569_story.html

Caputo sets up a meeting for Stone to meet a Russian with dirt on Hillary. Stone meets the Russian, but thinks the price is more than Trump will pay. (Stormy knows how cheap Trump is.)

Funny how these Trump associates forget about meeting Russians until emails are discovered. Then it is "Oh yeah...that Russian! Can I have a Mulligan on my testimony?"

July 4, 2018

As typical from the Washington Compost, more FAKE NEWS!

A federal judge on Tuesday tossed a lawsuit claiming that the Trump campaign and former adviser Roger Stone colluded with WikiLeaks and the Russian government to publish hacked Democratic National Committee emails during the presidential election.

U.S. District Court Judge Ellen Huvelle said in a ruling that the allegations of conspiracy were insubstantial to proceed in a court, Politico reported.
Full Story: www.foxnews.com...

posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 03:25 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust
You forgot to post this part:

"It bears emphasizing that this Court’s ruling is not based on a finding that there was no collusion between defendants and Russia during the 2016 presidential election," Huvelle wrote. "This is the wrong forum for plaintiffs’ lawsuit. The Court takes no position on the merits of plaintiffs’ claims."

www.politico.com...

Or perhaps your source did.

edit on 7/4/2018 by Phage because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join