It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Roger Stone admits colluding with Russians

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2018 @ 02:37 PM
link   
a reply to: annoyedpharmacist

I can't believe these people are still pushing the Russia narrative and this special counsel is still active 2 years later

CLEAN HOUSE AT THE DOJ

posted on Jun, 17 2018 @ 02:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: annoyedpharmacist

originally posted by: Gryphon66

The Special Counsel is authorized to conduct the investigation confinned by then-FBI Director James 8. Corney in testimony before the House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence on March 20, 2017, including: (i) any links and/or coordination between the Russian government and individuals associated with the campaign of President Donald Trump;

Appointment of Special Counsel

The matter under investigation is not "did they get anything?" but more at "who did they talk to/coordinate with."

That answer is clear in this circumstance.

Sure, they can look at who they met with. But that in and of itself isnt a crime, right?

Meeting with a foreign agent to help interfere in a Federal election isn't a crime?

posted on Jun, 17 2018 @ 02:42 PM
link   

The Special Counsel is authorized to conduct the investigation confinned by then-FBI Director James 8. Corney in testimony before the House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence on March 20, 2017, including: (i) any links and/or coordination between the Russian government and individuals associated with the campaign of President Donald Trump;

The matter under investigation is not "did they get anything?" but more at "who did they talk to/coordinate with."

Sure, they can look at who they met with. But that in and of itself isnt a crime, right?

Meeting with a foreign agent to help interfere in a Federal election isn't a crime?

well, was there interference that was generated from information directly obtained at that meeting?
edit on pm66201818America/Chicago17p02pm by annoyedpharmacist because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2018 @ 02:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults

I can't believe these people are still pushing the Russia narrative and this special counsel is still active 2 years later

CLEAN HOUSE AT THE DOJ

You mean the "Russia narrative" that they acted criminally to interfere in our election? That Mr. Trump himself has acknolwedged?

You mean the Special Counsel Investigation that has resulted in multiple indictments of Russian agents and guilty pleas from top Trump Campaign officials???

Is that what you're talking about?

posted on Jun, 17 2018 @ 02:44 PM
link   

well, was there interference?

Opinions vary. There is no doubt of several meetings with foreign agents by several members of the Trump Campaign though.

posted on Jun, 17 2018 @ 02:48 PM
link   

well, was there interference?

Opinions vary. There is no doubt of several meetings with foreign agents by several members of the Trump Campaign though.

so, I would have to say no crime in just taking the meeting. Looks shady af, sure, but no crime. he may be in some sh*t for lying to Congress tho, but that is all on him.

posted on Jun, 17 2018 @ 02:50 PM
link   

I guess we will see.

Conspiracy to commit a crime is still a crime.

posted on Jun, 17 2018 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Lets just say it's true. How is this different from normal "opposition research?" The Steele dossier was basically Clinton funded opposition research with dirt on trump, masquerading as an independent source.. Didnt they use dirt from Russians?

Also, is any of it illegal?

The only reason the Steele dossier is criticized is not because it's opp research but because it was falsely claimed to be independent from Clinton and was used for surveillance, not because it's illegal by itself.
a reply to: gariac

edit on 17-6-2018 by Quetzalcoatl14 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2018 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Referring to a call between the two men, Trump said that Putin is laughing his azz off over how much raw power and influence Democrats in this country are crediting him with.

posted on Jun, 17 2018 @ 02:57 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

I'm sure Mr. Putin is quite happy with Mr. Trump.

However, concerns over Russian interference are hardly merely partisan.

posted on Jun, 17 2018 @ 03:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: rickymouse

There is nothing here, he was contacted, he met with someone whom he did not probably know was Russian,

Actually, it turns out, he knew "Greenberg" was a Russian.

“How crazy is the Russian?” Caputo wrote according to a text message reviewed by The Post. Noting that Greenberg wanted “big” money, Stone replied: “waste of time.”

Does the text say he was sorking for the Russian government, it just says he is Russian. Does that Russian actually work for the Kremlin or is he just a Russian. Or was the whole thing a setup by the deep state to make it look like Trump's team was contacting Russians, remember the lady that Trump Jr was supposed to meet with information, she had nothing, she evidently did not even know some producer was setting something up to make Trump's guys look guilty of collusion.

I basically do not believe anything coming out of DC on either side, but I will support our president as long as he is in office. In the end I did not like Obama but I did not say much bad stuff against him till he was out of office, as a sign of respect for the holder of the office.

posted on Jun, 17 2018 @ 03:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: rickymouse

.by a Russian guy if I remember right.
You don't.

The information supplied to the British guy who wrote it came from a Russian guy. The informant was Russian. If you are just including the Britt as a source of that article, than you are not looking at the whole story.

posted on Jun, 17 2018 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Nixon might be a more apt comparison with Trump than Obama.

posted on Jun, 17 2018 @ 03:10 PM
link   
I think once the Hillary dossier comes out that was paid for by the RNC, supported by Trump and created by "foreign actors " we can put this whole collusion thing to rest.

posted on Jun, 17 2018 @ 03:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Muninn
a reply to: Phage

Thanks.

As the kids say, it's a nothing burger.

Van Jones created the phrase nothing burger. But you are using it incorrectly. Proper usage would be "Trump's agreement with Kim Jong Un is a nothing burger."

posted on Jun, 17 2018 @ 03:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

The RNC has sure paid for a lot of dossiers.

posted on Jun, 17 2018 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Then let's get right on locking up HRC, the DNC, their law firm and fusion GPS... Who met with foreign agents to interfere with a federal election.

Waiting.

posted on Jun, 17 2018 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Maybe they thought it was another setup by Hillary, Steele & Co, so had to at least check it out. There is no evidence it was "to help interfere in a Federal election".

I seriously doubt Stone told Congress that he has never met a person of Russian heritage during the last few years. I'm pretty sure it was Russian Agents.

As in someone employed as a government employee for the Russian government. NOT just someone who happens to be Russian. They would not ask him that because that was not the scope of the investigation.

I guess we have to arrest Hillary since they "met with foreign, British agents who worked intimately with Russians multiple times" to pay to create that dossier and interfere in our election.

Oh wait, she probably paid by western union so there was probably no actual meeting so, technically, she's good, right?

lol The hypocrisy is laughable. She smashes electronic devices with hammers and uses Bleachbit, but that is a normal reaction to being accused of a crime... "destroy evidence, Quick, before the cops get here!"

So, I guess the question is, is Greenwald the mad Russian, just "a Russian"? Probably a conman, sent by Hillary, with bogus info, trying to make it seem more real by attaching a high price. If he is a Russian Gov Agent, is there any evidence that Stone knew?

Cause I'm pretty sure Hillary knew she was colluding with British agents who were working closely with Russians to put out the dossier and sway the election...

posted on Jun, 17 2018 @ 03:52 PM
link   

a reply to: Xtrozero

The RNC has sure paid for a lot of dossiers.

No need to reply to my post since I know you get my point.....

posted on Jun, 17 2018 @ 03:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: loam

Then let's get right on locking up HRC, the DNC, their law firm and fusion GPS... Who met with foreign agents to interfere with a federal election.

Waiting.

How about the Republicans that started the project with Fusion?

DId HRC meet with a foreign agent? Did the DNC or "the lawfirm?"

Fusion GPS is in the business of "opposition research" and were not a part of any campaign; are you saying they aren't allowed to ply their trade?

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join