It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Roger Stone admits colluding with Russians

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2018 @ 01:43 PM
link   
www.washingtonpost.com... 123c8-6fd0-11e8-bd50-b80389a4e569_story.html

Caputo sets up a meeting for Stone to meet a Russian with dirt on Hillary. Stone meets the Russian, but thinks the price is more than Trump will pay. (Stormy knows how cheap Trump is.)

Funny how these Trump associates forget about meeting Russians until emails are discovered. Then it is "Oh yeah...that Russian! Can I have a Mulligan on my testimony?"

posted on Jun, 17 2018 @ 01:48 PM
link   
a reply to: gariac

Can you quote it?
The link says not found.

posted on Jun, 17 2018 @ 01:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Muninn

Reached by phone, Greenberg, 59, initially denied Stone’s account of a meeting.

“This is wrong information,” Greenberg said.

Later, in text messages to a Post reporter, Greenberg changed his story, acknowledging that he’d met with Stone and providing a skeletal account of the encounter that matched Stone’s in some ways. Unprompted, Greenberg used essentially the same language as Stone to describe Stone’s reaction: “Trump will never pay for anything.”

Clean Link

+6 more 
posted on Jun, 17 2018 @ 01:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Thanks.

As the kids say, it's a nothing burger.

posted on Jun, 17 2018 @ 01:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

Later, in text messages to a Post reporter, Greenberg changed his story, acknowledging that he’d met with Stone and providing a skeletal account of the encounter that matched Stone’s in some ways. Unprompted, Greenberg used essentially the same language as Stone to describe Stone’s reaction: “Trump will never pay for anything.”

Clean Link

Arrgh it wants a dollar from me! I can't read this, but I'll look up some alternate sources. Thnx.

posted on Jun, 17 2018 @ 01:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Kharron

Try using a "private" browser window (in Firefox). Or clear any WaPo cookies you may be carrying.

+1 more 
posted on Jun, 17 2018 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Not real important. But it does show once again that Stone is a liar. Or at least that he did have contacts with Russians about dirt on Clinton. Whether or not he knew it at the time. Yet another active solicitation toward the Trump campaign.

edit on 6/17/2018 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2018 @ 01:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: gariac
www.washingtonpost.com... 123c8-6fd0-11e8-bd50-b80389a4e569_story.html

Caputo sets up a meeting for Stone to meet a Russian with dirt on Hillary. Stone meets the Russian, but thinks the price is more than Trump will pay. (Stormy knows how cheap Trump is.)

Funny how these Trump associates forget about meeting Russians until emails are discovered. Then it is "Oh yeah...that Russian! Can I have a Mulligan on my testimony?"

👆👆 zi linkz iz buzted

We're unable to locate the page you requested.

The page may have moved or may no longer be available.
We want to help you find what you're looking for. Here are some suggestions:
😃

Russian takedown !!!

+3 more 
posted on Jun, 17 2018 @ 02:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kharron

Clean Link

Arrgh it wants a dollar from me! I can't read this, but I'll look up some alternate sources. Thnx.

So having chat with someone about them POSSIBLY having important dirt, where nothing came of it, and we have no idea how such an EXCHANGE would have played out what would come of it, then that is "COLLUSION"?

+12 more 
posted on Jun, 17 2018 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Roger Stone turned down an offer from a Russian (FBI informant) to buy dirt on Hillary

to the left (highly highly questionable IQ, probably lower than 75 points) that means they colluded with the Russians

wow

posted on Jun, 17 2018 @ 02:11 PM
link   

a reply to: Kharron

Try using a "private" browser window (in Firefox). Or clear any WaPo cookies you may be carrying.

I found a bunch of other sources, it's all over the news now. I will do that though, the next time I read them. Thanks.

And Stone's defense is priceless -- he wanted to commit a crime but it cost too much money so it went nowhere. These guys have lived in the swamp for so long, they don't even get it how the stuff they say sounds to the rest of us.

+4 more 
posted on Jun, 17 2018 @ 02:19 PM
link   
So, he checked out a possible source of slime to use against Hillary, Hillary did the same about Trump, remember, the Democrats paid for the fake dossier which means that it was created for them....by a Russian guy if I remember right.

There is nothing here, he was contacted, he met with someone whom he did not probably know was Russian, then he said he wanted no part in it...cause Trump was Cheap. A way to politely back out of the situation is all that was, Trump would have never gone along with buying evidence.

If this is russian influence, why didn't the guy just give the info to the guy instead of wanting payment for it. Seems that Putin would have made him give it free of charge so he had something on Trump. Could be the guy was charging and PUTIN wasn't aware, but I doubt if the russian government had anything to do with this. Just because a con is Russian does not mean he is a government agent.

posted on Jun, 17 2018 @ 02:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
There is nothing here, he was contacted, he met with someone whom he did not probably know was Russian, then he said he wanted no part in it...cause Trump was Cheap.

You missed the actual point of the story.

He met with someone he KNEW was a Russian and then he lied about it to the Congress. What comes out of that, who knows?
edit on 17-6-2018 by Kharron because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2018 @ 02:25 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

There is nothing here, he was contacted, he met with someone whom he did not probably know was Russian,

Actually, it turns out, he knew "Greenberg" was a Russian.

“How crazy is the Russian?” Caputo wrote according to a text message reviewed by The Post. Noting that Greenberg wanted “big” money, Stone replied: “waste of time.”

edit on 6/17/2018 by Phage because: (no reason given)

+5 more 
posted on Jun, 17 2018 @ 02:26 PM
link   

remember, the Democrats paid for the fake dossier which means that it was created for them....by a Russian guy if I remember right.

Indeed. The dossier, information obtained and USED against a candidate, that was from foreign sources is a-ok. A meeting where no information changed hands, THAT is to be condemned and proves collusion.

edit on pm66201818America/Chicago17p02pm by annoyedpharmacist because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2018 @ 02:28 PM
link   

.by a Russian guy if I remember right.
You don't.

posted on Jun, 17 2018 @ 02:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kharron

originally posted by: rickymouse
There is nothing here, he was contacted, he met with someone whom he did not probably know was Russian, then he said he wanted no part in it...cause Trump was Cheap.

You missed the actual point of the story.

He met with someone he KNEW was a Russian and then he lied about it to the Congress. What comes out of that, who knows?

I in no way will defend his lying to Congress about it. Very stupid move on his part.

posted on Jun, 17 2018 @ 02:32 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

But doing the same thing in a e mail with trump as the subject means a conspiracy to thwart a presidential campaign right?

posted on Jun, 17 2018 @ 02:33 PM
link   

The Special Counsel is authorized to conduct the investigation confinned by then-FBI Director James 8. Corney in testimony before the House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence on March 20, 2017, including: (i) any links and/or coordination between the Russian government and individuals associated with the campaign of President Donald Trump;

Appointment of Special Counsel

The matter under investigation is not "did they get anything?" but more at "who did they talk to/coordinate with."

That answer is clear in this circumstance.

posted on Jun, 17 2018 @ 02:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

The Special Counsel is authorized to conduct the investigation confinned by then-FBI Director James 8. Corney in testimony before the House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence on March 20, 2017, including: (i) any links and/or coordination between the Russian government and individuals associated with the campaign of President Donald Trump;

Appointment of Special Counsel

The matter under investigation is not "did they get anything?" but more at "who did they talk to/coordinate with."

That answer is clear in this circumstance.

Sure, they can look at who they met with. But that in and of itself isnt a crime, right?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join