It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

1 dead and 20 injured in shooting at New Jersey

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2018 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Trenton is a 'Gangland'; History Channel takes on local Sex Money Murder Bloods

"It's like Baghdad," said one Bloods member named Uptown, referring to his home town. "You better come outside with your guns."

posted on Jun, 17 2018 @ 12:00 PM
link   
a reply to: dollukka

The Mob ruined Newark and then Newark ruined other areas.

Thanks mafia. I bet that small Italian provinces profited handsomely from destroying American cities...

At least the corrupt were rewarded state side.

edit on 6 17 2018 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2018 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Trenton is where I experienced my only occurrence of "culture shock."

A friends father offered to pay me to take him to Trenton because his Aunt passed away. He spent the first 35 years of his life there and assured me we'd be fine cuz he knew the streets.

We pull up to an old abandoned lot and park. Guy I'm with notices an old friend. "Awww dam! Ol scooter is still alive! You gotta come meet this guy." I wasn't planning on really doing anything, thought I'd just drop him off and head back, but I didn't want to be rude....

I should note I'm white, 6'4, wearing a bright pink shirt and flip flops. Stick out like a sore thumb.

We talk to scooter and then more and more people start showing up. Meeting all of these people was overwhelming. The Puerto Ricans kept glaring at me which was uneasy, but everyone else was jovial and kind.

Then it happens. 2 blocks up the street there is an exchange of gunfire. I immediately hit the ground. Guns stop, I look up and everyone is standing, staring at me silently. They then all burst out laughing hysterically. I look across the street and kids are still playing, unphased.

Guy gives me a hand up and says, "that bullet won't hit you unless it's meant for you." Which is all fine and good, I guess. But I'll still never forget how non-event a gunbattle in Trenton is.

posted on Jun, 17 2018 @ 12:09 PM
link   
a reply to: eNumbra

Agreed entirely. And make no mistake, I couldn't care less about gang violence until it affects innocent lives.

My ONLY problem are those who whine about "mass shootings" (which are statistically irrelevant compared to total causes of death annually) while ignoring the massive gang violence problem (1000's of times more problematic than real "mass shootings")

I also have a problem with some falsely equating violent mass shootings with accidents/suicides (which are also irrelevant)

Suicide = right to die
accident = Darwin

My problem is those same people using these idiotic events as a pretext to harm MY Constitutional right. For instance, I'd never waiver on 2A even if the killings went up 1,000,000,000,000 fold. There is nothing that'd make me feel differently RE: RKBA. Absolutely nothing.

2A is here to stay. Get used to it. Learn to love it. Heck, learn to ignore it. One way or the other, though, the guns stay.
edit on 6/17/2018 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2018 @ 12:10 PM
link   
a reply to: tadaman

Mafia, sure.

Mostly bloods, crips, MS13, latin kings, neta, GTO.

Not a nice place to visit, and I would never want to live there.
Trenton is close enough to me that we get spill-over, but the cities closest to me also have their own gang issues.
We just had a gang related multiple shooting in a mall parking lot very close to where I live a couple of weeks ago.

This OP is certainly not a surprise in Trenton.

posted on Jun, 17 2018 @ 12:14 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueAjah

Yet the anti-gunners would rather focus on the guns, and would stoop so low as to suggest infringing on MY unalienable rights instead of looking at the real problem: GANGS and gang violence.

Ban gang membership/association, levy harsh penalties (life or death sentences), or otherwise target gangs specifically. Target/terrorize/subjugate the gangs/thugs all you want, but never law abiding citizens.

posted on Jun, 17 2018 @ 12:24 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueAjah

The mob brought the gangs in. The gangs bought the drugs that the mafia sold. They sold the drugs where the mafia paid off cops and politicians to look the other way.

Then the mob brought in prostitution and all other vices so as to cater to the growing low life population. It worked.

Then from Fort Lee they tended to their beautiful gardens while New Jersey cities went to crap. The mob would usually just crap on NYC. They would have just kept ruining NYC if we didnt have rival mafia families here to stop them. So they in turn just shat where they eat. NJ.

edit on 6 17 2018 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2018 @ 01:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: eNumbra
See a lot of complaints that all the gang violence is never covered by the media while “mass shootings” are; look at the replies in the thread. This is why.

You can’t admit you don’t care and then complain when nobody else does.

The complaints are not about them not broadcasting the gang violence because no one cares about the bangers...it’s about the gun grabbing liberal MSM pretending guns are only used in school and work place shootings, hiding the black on black violence to focus on the few bad LEO shootings a year when black on black gun violence occurs almost daily from ILLEGALLY obtained/possessed guns, etc. If this had been a school, coverage would have been the only thing on the networks today...BUT can’t have the public knowing/seeing criminals are using/in possession of illegal wrapons and authorities are doing nothing to fix the problem.

posted on Jun, 17 2018 @ 01:42 PM
link   
We all know what the problem is. It’s the elephant in the room. We’re to scared to discuss it, we don’t want to be ostracized..

posted on Jun, 17 2018 @ 02:34 PM
link   
a reply to: dollukka

Jesus... What, no pat downs??

posted on Jun, 17 2018 @ 05:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueAjah
It's actually not stupid.

I meant the crack about New Jersey.

posted on Jun, 17 2018 @ 05:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: recrisp

originally posted by: oloufo
a reply to: Lab4Us

in america, is it really allowed to marry a gun? asking for a friend. there was a video on youtube.

I live in America and I have not married my gun, but I do sleep with it, and I have slept with many others too.

I thought of a joke about that.
but I think its best I dont say it.
some thing about shooting its lode.

oh! oops sorry I did it any way. my bad.

posted on Jun, 17 2018 @ 05:51 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

I know

I meant the crack about Trenton, New Jersey is true, not stupid.

edit on 6/17/18 by BlueAjah because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2018 @ 07:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueAjah
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

It's actually not stupid.

Trenton NJ is high-crime and generally has a reputation as a not very nice place.

The most dangerous places in N.J. Trenton is #2

Top 100 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Trenton is #27

They even made a movie about it:
www.imdb.com...

Holy smokes! My post was snubbed for making a reference to Trenton being second to Camden in violence. I used to live in NJ and I am there almost every year. In fact, I was in Camden last summer around this time to burn a half day at the aquarium -- You'd think I would know.

Thanks for bringing the actual stats to the table.

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 03:18 AM
link   

Less than 24 hours after the gunfire, Murphy -- a former Goldman Sachs banker who served as President Barack Obama's ambassador to Germany -- began calling for gun control without addressing the other circumstances involved in the crime.

Fox news

I am shocked once more... the Democratic Gov. says guns are the problem, not the criminal that got a gun after an early release from prison or the gang affiliations involved... nope its the paper weight till its picked up object that must be regulated out of the hands of law abiding citizens, THAT will stop shootings.

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 09:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

You left out the best part. The shooter that was killed was let out of jail because of an early release program that is favored by Murphy. He should have been in jail until 2024. Yet Murphy blames the gun.
www.foxnews.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join