It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nanny State Warning - UK to ban ALL online knife sales

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2018 @ 02:00 PM
link   
a reply to: CornishCeltGuy

I don't swing that way but if you can supply the fillies that would be smashing. Lol

posted on Jun, 17 2018 @ 02:02 PM
link   
a reply to: DrBobH

Well I foresee knife sales in the UK skyrocket temporarily before the ban goes into effect... If it ever does...
Just like gun and ammo sales did overwhelmingly in the states during the Obama admin.

Total reverse psychology marketing/regulation to pump up the civilian supply of weapons to have them destroy themselves with in an extended hypothetical societal breakdown .

Sounds like a stretch but...
I mean figures don't lie folks.

posted on Jun, 17 2018 @ 02:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: testingtesting

I don't swing that way but if you can supply the fillies that would be smashing. Lol

The fillies are not for sharing unless you join our tribe.

We are promiscuous and incestuous, but outsider 'grockles' don't get a shout mate...it is what it is.

posted on Jun, 17 2018 @ 02:06 PM
link   

I will be chief by 9pm

posted on Jun, 17 2018 @ 02:09 PM
link   
a reply to: testingtesting

We have no chief, we have multiple alpha males in control...and bonus, we are not stabby like in London, the worst you could expect is a savage beating with fists but no stamping on heads.
It's nicer here by the beach

EDIT
....anyone pulling a blade in these parts will be attacked by everyone else.
edit on 17-6-2018 by CornishCeltGuy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2018 @ 04:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: scubagravy
How dumb is it, I could inflict similar damage with a spoon, after all
If they stopped selling knives all together, how many are already out there, by 2040 all there will be to use is a spork invented by Mork from Ork !
Pommies 🤪

posted on Jun, 17 2018 @ 04:34 PM
link   
So real deal here...the wife and oldest are headed to Ol' Blighty to do Wimbledon next year. I likely won't join as I just refuse to participate in the Rope and Grope from TSA.

Whats it really like? Risk wise?

posted on Jun, 17 2018 @ 04:48 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

When coming off the plane your good lady wife will have to dodge bands of wild youths with knives on them. Then if she makes it to the hotel she may be kidnapped and sold to some elites, if she manages to sleep through the howling of the wild youths attacking and throwing acid at folk she will have the worse food in her life and get poorly hence a trip to the dreaded NHS..
Upon waiting a week for an ambulance she will then have leaches put on her no matter her ailments and will be lucky to leave with both kidneys.
Upon eventually fighting her way mad max style to Wimbledon she will have a lovely time singing with cliff ruddy Richard.

posted on Jun, 17 2018 @ 05:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: CornishCeltGuy

Lol you could provide security at our next illegal free party, I'll put you in touch with a few key guys if you like.

Aww xam I dj, or at least get an invite, I'm only up in Scotland...

posted on Jun, 17 2018 @ 05:24 PM
link   
a reply to: djz3ro

Come down man, we've had good weather this summer!!!

posted on Jun, 17 2018 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Pmsl

posted on Jun, 17 2018 @ 05:48 PM
link   

The real question is, how long till they try this in the U.S after a gun ban?

And people said this wasn't going to happen. Yet it's happening.

London is basically an example on what's to come.

posted on Jun, 17 2018 @ 05:50 PM
link   
a reply to: SoulSurfer

London is a #hole which doesn't represent Britain

posted on Jun, 17 2018 @ 06:23 PM
link   
this proves 1 thing beyond a reasonable doubt

it's not the guns causing the problem, it's human nature

it's an incremental tyranny, first they say they are taking your guns to make you safe, then when that doesn't make you safe they take the knives, then when that doesn't make you safe you are living IN AN OPEN AIR PRISON COLONY

food is next, keep the guns

posted on Jun, 17 2018 @ 07:40 PM
link   
What a load of nonsense.

Where I work, the hunting knives are kept under lock and key and you have to show ID to purchase them. However, the same person can go over to the housewares section and get a huge knife there without needing ID. Equally stabby.

Banning online sales isn't going to do jack to stop knife violence. Just as with guns, knives will become a bigger black market commodity and the violence will spin on.

They'll have to go after scissors, knitting needles, skewers next. Heck, you could do some damage with one of those cooking thermometers.

While they're at it, box cutters and saw blades could slash someone up right nicely. Better do away with those too. Oh.. and mirrors and glass bottles. Glass shards are nasty things in the wrong hands!

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 12:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Subrosabelow

Where's here?

In the US, when ever I've bought a knife, and I've bought more than a few... I like sharp, stabby things, I freely admit.

I've never, not once, had to show ID to purchase--quite unlike purchasing my last firearm, a shotgun. They do keep 'em under lock and key though...keeps people from stealing 'em, well, makes it harder, anyway. Which is, as you point out, kinda funny since you, if you're so inclined, can walk right over to housewares and purchase a meat cleaver for ten bucks.

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 12:18 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

I'm kind of curious about that myself. From the sounds of some, it's a demilitarized zone--though I doubt it's quite that bad...

Just like there aren't shootouts every day in every town in the US...contrary to what seems to be a somewhat popular opinion.

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 12:23 AM
link   
a reply to: SoulSurfer

The real question is, how long till they try this in the U.S after a gun ban?

After the repeal of the 2nd amendment? Because that's what a gun ban would require and constitutional amendments don't come easy.

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 12:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Kurokage

I know right? The teenage years are wasted on teens...

I wouldn't have as much issue as I do with such restrictions if they could be implemented with a certainty of never being wrong, and we both know the chances of that are nil.

As an example: The forms I have to fill out to purchase a handgun/rifle/etc...are numerous. If you answer one of those questions wrong--irregardless of the possibility of an honest mistake, you can not purchase, nor is there, so far as I know, any sort of appeals process.

I dislike, with great passion, the idea of having to kowtow to my govt. in any shape, fashion, or form, and that's what these laws/rules are. Because we "might" do something wrong, I have to have my life history examined. That I've nothing to hide, is quite beside the point.

I know that that leaves me open to accusations, false ones, that I'm OK with school shootings, or knife wielding psychos running amok. But actions should be required before officialdom acts. That in no way says you can't contact the cops if you think something is amiss with Junior across the street, or Senior, for that matter...but for me to be, in essence, if not in fact, held liable in any fashion for the actions of others is wrong.

edit on 6/18/2018 by seagull because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 12:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: CornishCeltGuy
a reply to: Wide-Eyes

I guess I'm lucky, it is a different world in my parts, you'll be lucky to see a PCSO let alone a cop, we kind of police ourselves, and it works well, strong community, strong society, strong tribe.

Lol. I was in Cornwall last year and the only Police I saw were sat in the local Weatherspoon's every morning drinking coffee.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join