It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nanny State Warning - UK to ban ALL online knife sales

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2018 @ 12:24 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Yeah 'cause we have people going into schools stabbing 20 or so pupils every few weeks????

also....

I have one on my chicken coop

Should I ask...........What was happening to your chickens to warrant a camera???

edit on 17-6-2018 by Kurokage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2018 @ 12:30 PM
link   
If the government did nothing and let the knife crime epidemic continue unabated, then people would be complaining because they did nothing to stop it. Yet, when they are doing something to stop it, people are complaining about the "nanny state".

While I am opposed to oppressive controls, there really is no alternative. We live in a nation populated with spoiled, childish morons. If parents can't raise their children to be responsible human beings, then the government has to step in. Blame the thugs who stab people, and blame their parents for failing in their duty. This is one situations where the government is not to blame.

posted on Jun, 17 2018 @ 12:32 PM
link   

That's fine logic for over the pond and it works for you guys. We're happy enough over here without them.

It's almost as if..........it's not the tool, but the operator......wait, what?

You seem to have more 'operator' issues than other nations so perhaps it's an 'operator issue' + culture issue? Before you rush off one of the stock pro-gun arguments, I'm not in favour of banning guns over there and I accept the 'operator issue' premise as a factor in your nation's problem.

posted on Jun, 17 2018 @ 12:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

originally posted by: CornishCeltGuy

a reply to: LesMisanthrope

Lol, outside of major population centre's there is hardly any cctv. I could drive the nation on backroads and not be picked up on any cameras.
Canada, a nation with a foreign monarch as head of state, funny as #.

Yeah we were Brits once too. Then you guys scurried from your own empire like a rat into a hole. Now look at ya.
Doing really well in my parts dude, outside of major #hole cities life is like the classic picture postcard

I’m just giving you a hard time. I would be lying if I was to say my country better.

Lol, fair one

I want to visit Canada one day, got relatives in Fort McMurray.

Don’t go there. That’s the armpit of Canada.

Lol, I'll only go to visit relatives, I can't choose where they live!
I'm sure I'll like it if there's at least one decent bar I can have a game of pool at with a decent ale.
Canadians seem to be a generally friendly bunch to me, I know we've crossed text based swords a few times but I'd have a pint with you as well, you have an interesting mind and outlook.

posted on Jun, 17 2018 @ 12:37 PM
link   
a reply to: CornishCeltGuy

You forgot to add the "Ah" at the end of every sentence for Les to understand you!!

Just kidding Les ah!!

posted on Jun, 17 2018 @ 12:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kurokage

I live out in the Shires about 30 miles or so south from Birmingham so it's about the same here. I think maybe slightly more "urban suburb" than you but nothing like London at all.

I get ya, and same, outside of #hole major cities, England is the classic picture postcard, decent people, low crime, strong communities.
If I won the lottery my base would always be in the south west.

posted on Jun, 17 2018 @ 12:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kurokage

Yeah 'cause we have people going into schools stabbing 20 or so pupils every few weeks????

also....

I have one on my chicken coop

Should I ask...........What was happening to your ckickens to warrant a camera???

7 of them were ripped apart. Does that qualify?

And I'm really, honestly glad you don't have to deal with the killings in schools like we do. It's a horrible thing, and really needs to be fixed. And no, taking all guns away won't fix it. (even if that fairy tale was possible)

there are so many factors involved, it's difficult to know where to start. But we will find a way.

posted on Jun, 17 2018 @ 12:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kandinsky

That's fine logic for over the pond and it works for you guys. We're happy enough over here without them.

It's almost as if..........it's not the tool, but the operator......wait, what?

You seem to have more 'operator' issues than other nations so perhaps it's an 'operator issue' + culture issue? Before you rush off one of the stock pro-gun arguments, I'm not in favour of banning guns over there and I accept the 'operator issue' premise as a factor in your nation's problem.

it is all "operator" issues. And if we didn't have guns for them to use, I think they would find something else to use. But we will never know, since it would be impossible to remove all the guns. I'd settle for an honest discussion that included all the factors that have been identified thus far.

posted on Jun, 17 2018 @ 12:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

It's frustrating to watch you folks do the same stupid things we continue to do. People get more violent, and kill others with "X", nobody gives a fluck why they wanted to kill others, just ban the weapon used. If you can't see the stupid there, I don't know what to say.

posted on Jun, 17 2018 @ 12:51 PM
link   

You're swinging punches at the wrong guy. I'm on the 1st page saying it's a dumb idea. That 'you folks' is broad-brushing 60 million people like we're the ones who decided to ban mail-order knives.

posted on Jun, 17 2018 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Thanks for the honest reply.

Not all us Brits think banning things fixes everything.

there are so many factors involved

Thats the trouble with this problem, too many factors and know one knows where to start.

posted on Jun, 17 2018 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Lol, you can get anything illegally in the UK, unless you are a Muslim Jihadist, nobody sells them firearms, it explains why they use vehicles to kill people, they can't be trusted.

posted on Jun, 17 2018 @ 01:09 PM
link   

The London kids can burgle a home and steal knives from the kitchen. They can still buy crossbows with 6" bolts. How many knives are bought mail order anyway? Local army surplus store has a huge selection of big knives and an A5 notepad you sign your name in. No ID.

...and buying stuff off the black market? The London youngsters ARE the black market over there. It's like the ban had no thinking behind it. It's a PR thing isn't it? Total bollocks.

posted on Jun, 17 2018 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Agreed.
It is definitely a cultural and environmental thing in London though, we have just as much dealing and allsorts in my parts but people are friendly and not stabbing each other to death.
Organised crime here is just business, I know loads of criminals who pay tax and seem respectable as far as authorities are concerned.
London thugs are just that, uneducated, violent thugs.

posted on Jun, 17 2018 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Liverpool and Manchester have a lot of stabbings. Overall I think the big families/gangs keep a tighter reign over their areas.

London seems to have too many gangs and maybe too few 'Big Men' keeping order.

posted on Jun, 17 2018 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Good point.
The Liverpool gangs supply us most of our drugs except home-grown, and there is rarely any trouble unless someone tries ripping someone else off.
It is mainly just good business dealings for most folk in the game.
'Solid' 'black' still comes from Liverpool in 9 bars lol
'Big men' are needed to keep the boys in check.

...back to guns, you can rent one easy here, but you need to have a good explanation for it because they want it back, and also they don't want it becoming all on-top, it's why Jihadi's have to use vehicles and knives, nobody will rent them a gun.
...get buried in the moors if they asked the eastern Europeans lol

posted on Jun, 17 2018 @ 01:48 PM
link   
A knife is not a sword. I will be fine with my swords.

posted on Jun, 17 2018 @ 01:50 PM
link   
a reply to: testingtesting

You have a moustache though don't you?
That changes everything!

posted on Jun, 17 2018 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Yes being the made up seventh Earl of Nugent certainly helps in every situation also.
I shout orders to all and I find that people obey.
edit on 17-6-2018 by testingtesting because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2018 @ 01:59 PM
link   
a reply to: testingtesting

Lol you could provide security at our next illegal free party, I'll put you in touch with a few key guys if you like.

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join