It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nanny State Warning - UK to ban ALL online knife sales

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2018 @ 11:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: CornishCeltGuy
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

Lol, outside of major population centre's there is hardly any cctv. I could drive the nation on backroads and not be picked up on any cameras.
Canada, a nation with a foreign monarch as head of state, funny as #.

Yeah we were Brits once too. Then you guys scurried from your own empire like a rat into a hole. Now look at ya.

posted on Jun, 17 2018 @ 11:46 AM
link   
a reply to: CornishCeltGuy

Same here, green or skunk. Dark rocky and pollen (hash, resin) still popular with the post-30s who prefer the mellower effects.

link   

originally posted by: Kurokage

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

So can I, could get a Kalashnikov as well, just expensive.
God save the queen PMSL you peasant.

I’m surprised they don’t have you all sucking your thumbs. CCTVs are pretty much baby monitors anyways.

Pick any western country, including Canada, big cities, they are all monitored by CCTV now.

Not to that extent. I heard it was one cctv to every 11 citizens in the UK.

link   

a reply to: rickymouse

Blaming police cuts is lame, the Metropolitan Police in London are the most resourced in the UK, while Devon and Cornwall (my area) are one of the least resourced but we don't stab each other.
It's a cultural issue of thugs and #ty communities.

Don't blame poverty either, plenty of poor people in my area but for some reason we aren't so stabby.

Bro, you live in an enlightened part of the UK. A lot of us aren't that lucky.

The Police cuts are a dangerous move and to what end?

You think it's just London? Kids are getting stabbed regularly around my locale.

Knife crime is not exclusive to London.

posted on Jun, 17 2018 @ 11:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

I miss the red seal.

posted on Jun, 17 2018 @ 11:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Wide-Eyes

Jeez that's a blast from the mid-90s. Squidgy black too

Not long before that I recall the butterfly knives being banned. Didn't help the knife crime much.

posted on Jun, 17 2018 @ 11:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Wardaddy454

I don't remember the Romans being Christian till a lot later on?? It was greed that spread multiculturalism, as slavery made a few people very rich.

posted on Jun, 17 2018 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Lol, outside of major population centre's there is hardly any cctv. I could drive the nation on backroads and not be picked up on any cameras.

Yeah we were Brits once too. Then you guys scurried from your own empire like a rat into a hole. Now look at ya.
Doing really well in my parts dude, outside of major #hole cities life is like the classic picture postcard

posted on Jun, 17 2018 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Everybody loves throwing that around, but business CCTV was included, like the local shop having a camera to catch shoplifters.

posted on Jun, 17 2018 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Doing really well in my parts dude, outside of major #hole cities life is like the classic picture postcard

I’m just giving you a hard time. I would be lying if I was to say my country better.

posted on Jun, 17 2018 @ 11:57 AM
link   

I agree with you, most foreign people talk about Britain as London, and would never dream of looking past the capitol. It's like saying all of America must be like L.A. or New York cause thats what's seen most of the time, or the whole of Japan is like Tokyo??
edit on 17-6-2018 by Kurokage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2018 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Everybody loves throwing that around, but business CCTV was included, like the local shop having a camera to catch shoplifters.

Are there non-business CCTV?

edit on 17-6-2018 by LesMisanthrope because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2018 @ 12:04 PM
link   

I heard it was one cctv to every 11 citizens in the UK.

Business CCTV was included in that number when it was claimed you couldn't walk the street without being on a TV screen. There are motorway cameras for accidents, and traffic congestion monitoring and most city centres are camera-ed, and London has lots but surely thats like any capitol like Washington etc...

posted on Jun, 17 2018 @ 12:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Wide-Eyes

I guess I'm lucky, it is a different world in my parts, you'll be lucky to see a PCSO let alone a cop, we kind of police ourselves, and it works well, strong community, strong society, strong tribe.

posted on Jun, 17 2018 @ 12:07 PM
link   

I’m just giving you a hard time. I would be lying if I was to say my country better.

Lol, fair one

I want to visit Canada one day, got relatives in Fort McMurray.

posted on Jun, 17 2018 @ 12:11 PM
link   

I agree with you, most foreign people talk about Britain as London, and would never dream of looking past the capitol. It's like saying all of America must be like L.A. or New York cause thats what's seen most of the time, or the whole of Japan is like Tokyo??

Agreed, even our criminal gangs are chilled out here, the Eastern Europeans bring in baccy and firearms, and the Scousers bring in most of the drugs not grown locally, and everyone trades with each other playing nice.
Must be the environment, by the beach yadda yadda, but people are way more chilled here...they're up to as much crime as anywhere else, just less stabby.

posted on Jun, 17 2018 @ 12:16 PM
link   

I live out in the Shires about 30 miles or so south from Birmingham so it's about the same here. I think maybe slightly more "urban suburb" than you but nothing like London at all.

posted on Jun, 17 2018 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Lol, fair one

I want to visit Canada one day, got relatives in Fort McMurray.

Don’t go there. That’s the armpit of Canada.

posted on Jun, 17 2018 @ 12:22 PM
link   
boy I hate to be political or "that guy", but doesn't this kind of offer a tiny bit of credibility to the theory that if you take away guns, they will find something else to kill each other with?

It's almost as if..........it's not the tool, but the operator......wait, what?

posted on Jun, 17 2018 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Are there non-business CCTV?

I have one on my chicken coop, and house. It helps to understand why I need to do to prevent bad things from happening twice.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join