It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nanny State Warning - UK to ban ALL online knife sales

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2018 @ 05:15 AM
link   
a reply to: DrBobH

Excalibur will be illegal in UK.

posted on Jun, 17 2018 @ 05:15 AM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

Recreational drug use in my parts is a massive part of the party culture here, especially now in tourist season. We aren't at all stabby, all loved up enjoying free parties on the beaches or moors etc.
It's a cultural thing, possibly environmental because I know my soul would die in a crappy concrete jungle for sure.

posted on Jun, 17 2018 @ 05:16 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Then the biggest criminal of all will have control.... Pharma.

posted on Jun, 17 2018 @ 05:21 AM
link   
How dumb is it, I could inflict similar damage with a spoon, after all
If they stopped selling knives all together, how many are already out there, by 2040 all there will be to use is a sport invented by Mork from Ork !
Pommies 🤪

posted on Jun, 17 2018 @ 05:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Drugs are a currency for criminals, legalize it will solve many many problems.

Nah, it will always be cheaper off illegal traders.
Shop in town sells illegally smuggled tobacco products half price compared to Tesco's, get it in a brown paper bag from under the counter lol

Nobody in their right mind will grass them up to the cops. Will be the same if drugs were decriminalised.

posted on Jun, 17 2018 @ 05:23 AM
link   
As knives can only be purchased online, of course.

Commercial purchase of knives is allowed, though.

They never hire people who could buy a knife through the business' address , right??

All good!!

posted on Jun, 17 2018 @ 05:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wide-Eyes

Maybe if these f#cking morons hadn't implemented massive cuts to the Police force then there wouldn't be an epidemic of knife crime in the first place.

There are lots of other factors but this one alone was a really, really bad decision...

Yeah, ban guns then cut the police force. That sounds so stupid. Now they go after knives, what comes next, scissors and darning needles?

posted on Jun, 17 2018 @ 05:46 AM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Blaming police cuts is lame, the Metropolitan Police in London are the most resourced in the UK, while Devon and Cornwall (my area) are one of the least resourced but we don't stab each other.
It's a cultural issue of thugs and #ty communities.

Don't blame poverty either, plenty of poor people in my area but for some reason we aren't so stabby.

posted on Jun, 17 2018 @ 05:51 AM
link   

It’s definitely getting worse. Pot is getting stronger and stronger and is nothing like what was around when I was a lad in the 90s - we were just starting to see skunk around then. I swear it’s been engineered to remove the chilling peaceful effects - that’s a thread I. Itself.

Ecstasy has gone crazy now all hyper strength, heroin cheaper and cheaper.

Synthetics are more and more common and dirt cheap, meow meow, spice etc.

Violent drug gangs from Eastern Europe and Russia are prevalent and changing the face of crime in the capital.

So yes drugs are part of it but so is the way modern society thinks. Kids not prepared to work and having inappropriate role models and aspirations. Everything for nothing.

posted on Jun, 17 2018 @ 05:58 AM
link   

Same drugs in my parts and all over the UK though, we aren't stabbing each other.
It's a cultural London problem.
EDIT
...and recreational drug use is massive in my parts, I only know a few people who don't do something occasionally...my mum and ex mother in law pop to my mind first, but my life tribe all do, and we don't stab each other like London thugs do.
edit on 17-6-2018 by CornishCeltGuy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2018 @ 06:07 AM
link   
a reply to: CornishCeltGuy

Although the drugs or similar I would have thought that round your neck of the woods it’d be more recreational (pot and pills) rather than hardcore crack head gangbangers. You also have the added benefit of scrumpy which can have a similar impact to a bag of spice in terms of inducing an instant coma.

Any territorial disputes in London comparatively are hyper-escalated due to population levels and the culture of the area. Not really anywhere in London you can sit on a beach listening to the waves with your mates and a massive bong.

posted on Jun, 17 2018 @ 06:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: CornishCeltGuy

Blaming police cuts is lame, the Metropolitan Police in London are the most resourced in the UK, while Devon and Cornwall (my area) are one of the least resourced but we don't stab each other.
It's a cultural issue of thugs and #ty communities.

Don't blame poverty either, plenty of poor people in my area but for some reason we aren't so stabby.

Just because someone is poor does not mean they are a bad person. Many people think all poor people are bad. I knew a lot of people who were poor over the years and I would trust them more than the upper middle class and upper class.

The percentage of people who lack respect for the rights of others is increasing, this is part of the problem. I think this is a cultural issue too, our societies are going downhill.

posted on Jun, 17 2018 @ 06:17 AM
link   
next time they plan to all gather around the table for a ham dinner, sneak into the kitchen and hide all the carving knives??

i ain't gonna get into this too deeply. It's just too stupid. Either your lawmakers are as dumb as ours in the states, or you have the same problem as we do with the fake news and this law is being portrayed to be something it isn't. There is absolutely no advantage to banning online sales of knifes when you can get one much quicker and easier by just going to a store close to you and walking out with on.... gee, why wait for the mailman to deliver your package for days when you can spend a half an hour or so and be walking out of the nearby store ready to go on your murderous rampage?

posted on Jun, 17 2018 @ 06:19 AM
link   

Agreed, I think environment makes a massive difference as well, even our criminals are all chilled, I know many, play the game and everyone is cool, but rip someone off expect being dumped in the moors.
Even free parties are ignored by cops these days so long as nobody complains, even then they just send a token couple of cops to 'observe'.

I honestly forget drugs are illegal though, and yes, most people it's pot (green and solid), MDMA, and coke...obviously scrumpy as well lol
...but take Birmingham, massive city with equal multi-culturism, but they aren't stabbing each other like the thugs in London, it has to be a cultural thing in my mind.

posted on Jun, 17 2018 @ 06:21 AM
link   

Agreed, except for the bit about our societies going downhill, mine is as nice as it has always been, I wouldn't change it for the world.

posted on Jun, 17 2018 @ 06:31 AM
link   
a reply to: CornishCeltGuy

A lot of life’s hand can be as a result of where you’re born. We’re luckily very rural so there was outrage the other week when a passing motorist stopped to pick some daffs in the hedgerows.

I couldn’t stand living in London, it’s bad enough having to pop in occasionally with work! With respect to Birmingham it is lagging years behind London but the Eastern European drug gangs are making inroads and it is getting worse.

posted on Jun, 17 2018 @ 06:39 AM
link   

The sad part is that right now a legislator is going to come up with something even dumber. Right, when you think they run out of dumb they seem to find some more somewhere.

posted on Jun, 17 2018 @ 06:39 AM
link   

Typical politicians , rather than treat the disease they go after the symptoms.
People get stabbed in prison where no knives are sold , stabby things are easy to make.

We are a nation of giants ruled by Pygmies.

posted on Jun, 17 2018 @ 06:44 AM
link   

Lol, we still have vegetables and eggs for sale on stalls outside people's houses with a box to put the money in.
Imagine that in London, the produce, money box, and even the stall would be stolen. I can't imagine living in an environment like that, must be grim.

...Our Eastern European gangs are equally chilled, mates with our local gangs and enjoy good trade with each other. They supply allsorts from smuggled tobacco to firearms, and to be honest have integrated well into our community.
Most drugs still come from Liverpool though and they have a good working relationship with our boys.
Except for green though, most of that is locally grown now that 9 plants won't see you doing prison time, it's a thriving cottage industry in these parts now.

...and we aren't stabbing each other over a bull# street corner to trade from. Must be hell in London.

posted on Jun, 17 2018 @ 06:49 AM
link   

This isn't going to stop any attacks as most gang members already have knives and can easily be made from a strip of metal. It will stop youngsters buying knives online from now but they will get it elsewhere.

I agree stop and search should be bought back in immediately but the police can't be seen to be racist, they have to search equally all suspected gang members and others who may look dodgy but how do you determine who looks dodgy or not? That's the question. When I was younger I got searched, taken to a police station, strip searched all for doing nothing except shaking a guys hand, so you have to be very careful and i should have actually had those officers done for harrassment at the time but because I was young, I was'nt knowledgable of any rights I might of had. Another time I was stopped and searched... all I was doing was walking home from my girlfriends place.. only reason was because it was late at night and I was on my own... this time I did make a complaint at at the police station.

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join