It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN uses same picture to show nuclear site for N Korea & Iran

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2005 @ 07:38 PM
link   
www.fpp.co.uk...

Who's the source for the photos? And are there any responsible corporate media outlets left in America?

TWO stories posted in the last week on the CNN website, one on nukes in Iran last Wednesday, and another on nukes in North Korea on Saturday, both use the same aerial photograph of the same purported nuclear power plant!

But one is supposed to be in Iran and the other is supposed to be in North Korea!

I guess you see one you've seen them all.

posted on Feb, 19 2005 @ 07:41 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 19 2005 @ 09:09 PM
link   
I clicked both pictures for both stories and the Iranian picture is the one in your 2nd post that you showed and when I clicked the NK story there are different pics and the one from Iran isn't even shown in the NK story. So I think that debunks that websites theory. I could be wrong but I just looked at both stories and i didn't see anything fake about the stories. What were you tryin to get at anyways. Whats the point of this thread?

www.cnn.com...
www.cnn.com...

There are 2 different pics. Click threw all the pics for in NK article and there was 1 pic of a Nuclear Plant that looked nothing like the Nuclear plant in Iran....

[edit on 19-2-2005 by metalfan87]

posted on Feb, 19 2005 @ 09:17 PM
link   
the point was that CNN lied about this. They showed the same picture for both nuclear sites.

posted on Feb, 19 2005 @ 09:25 PM
link   
They did not use the same photo. Here is the picture actually featured in the North Korean article:

posted on Feb, 19 2005 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Disturbed Deliverer
They did not use the same photo. Here is the picture actually featured in the North Korean article:

Thats exactly what i was tryin to say. Did my post help u? I didn't know how to post the pic on my post. But ya your right and CNN didn't lie unless i missed something that was clearly infront of me.

posted on Feb, 19 2005 @ 10:18 PM
link   
CNN must have fixed it. I went to dgtempe's link and the image is different from what the blogger states. I'm thinking that cnn caught their mistake and changed it.

posted on Feb, 19 2005 @ 10:25 PM
link   
I'll vouch for it. When dgtempe originally posted the article the pictures were indeed the same, however using 'stock footage' isn't unusual in the media. They'd most likely say their images were for "illustrative puposes only".

You know you can't always trust what you read. It's same for images.

posted on Feb, 19 2005 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Ok, sorry for the bum thread. Its no longer important.

Thanks for stopping by.

Mods- please close the thread- thank you.

posted on Feb, 19 2005 @ 10:35 PM
link   
The images originally used were the same. CNN did catch their mistake and fix it, they also issued an apology/retraction that's on the right sidebar of the N. Korea article now.

Good find though. If you let them get away with it, they'll do so every time.

posted on Feb, 19 2005 @ 10:41 PM
link   

What were you tryin to get at anyways. Whats the point of this thread?

Yeah! How dare you insinuate that any news media distorts the facts to promote government agendas. We all know they never do that. Geez, what the hell is wrong with you?!

Good on ya, dgtempe. Most folks just swallow what the media spits out. Nice to see some folks still question things.

posted on Feb, 19 2005 @ 10:45 PM
link   
sourgrapes you are hot.

posted on Feb, 19 2005 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Yeah! How dare you insinuate that any news media distorts the facts to promote government agendas. We all know they never do that. Geez, what the hell is wrong with you?!

Good on ya, dgtempe. Most folks just swallow what the media spits out. Nice to see some folks still question things.

I don't "swallow" what the media "spits out" he made a thread about something and i wanted to see if it was true or not and when i looked there was nothin to support it. Shame on me huh?lol wow...

I can see that there was a mistake. Guess when your in the media you can't make mistakes. Shame on Cnn for doing something everyone does!

Sep

posted on Feb, 20 2005 @ 02:42 AM
link   
People should read what is says under the photographs:

"CORRECTION
An earlier version of this article included an image that was incorrectly identified as an aerial photograph of North Korea's Yongbyon nuclear plant. The photo was actually a commercial satellite photo of a nuclear facility near Natanz, Iran."

posted on Feb, 20 2005 @ 02:46 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 20 2005 @ 06:50 AM
link   
DG you hoser you took my topic!

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 02:44 AM
link   
In this case it might have been an innocent and lazy misstake, using standard stock footage, but it goes to show how many people just swallow those pictures without paying real attention, a little bit of the truth and a little photoshop goes a long way nowadays, good find!

[edit on 25-2-2005 by Countermeasures]

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 05:04 AM
link   
LOL! faux news huh?

Sightly off topic but same theme:

what about the british channel sky alledgedly showing some submarine in action launching tomahawk missiles... turned out to be completely staged in port (LOL) whith archive footage added to show the missiles flying etc.

Now the reporter "commits suicide" a few weeks later.. hmmm

Come on as a reporter do you come up with a hairbrained scheme like that on your own.. or were you told to do it (come on this IS SKY afterall).

And if he was following orders.. was it really suicide? [ /

new topics

top topics

join