It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Senator BOB CORKER says His GOP Party is Becoming a Trump-Loving CULT.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2018 @ 12:41 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

What's sad is nationalism, lower taxes, is considered cult-like now.

posted on Jun, 17 2018 @ 12:42 PM
link   
OP, since when is being in a cult a thing to be proud of?

Pretty soon, religious fanaticism will be lauded openly and then we're just a hop away from some version of religious doctrine, in place of the Constitution. So much to be proud of!

Oh well, at least we're getting past denial and calling it what it is.

posted on Jun, 17 2018 @ 12:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: carpooler
a reply to: DanDanDat

Get your facts straight. Mike Pence is even now trying to undo some of OBUMMER's Islamist crap. Syrian Christians and Yazidis, were frozen out of getting U.S. refugee status, by O.'s State Dep't. And some of those same S.O.B.'s are still pulling this crap, under the phony guise that they are completely sectarian. Gangs of Islamists were beating and actually killing Christians in Syrian refugee camps to prevent them from applying to U.S. officials. O.'s State Dep't thugs were turning a blind eye to this as they continually accepted Islamists for refugee status and asylum, here.

You won't find any sympathy from these Lefties, they approve of Christians getting discriminated against because they hate them. They approve of Islamists because they attack Christians and the Lefties feel safe because they think they are immune for being atheists. It's a hateful path the Lefties tread.

posted on Jun, 17 2018 @ 12:44 PM
link   
So cults don't exist and anyone that says they do is lying?

Not buying it, Trumptardation is a cult and it is destroying America.

posted on Jun, 17 2018 @ 12:47 PM
link   
They love power, not Trump who is as unlovable as a human being can be.

They gop, the party of the rich and powerful only placate Trump's depraved ego out of their own greed for power

posted on Jun, 17 2018 @ 12:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: CB328

I think the anti-trumpers are the cult, if only because they would drink cyanide-koolaid if someone told them it would help Trump lose.

posted on Jun, 17 2018 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Cults exist sure. The problem is you can't simply label everything you don't like a cult just because you dont like it; as Bob is doing here.

The good people at NPR are not Trump cultists by any stretch of the imagination and they are willing to admit that its perfectly normal for party members to stand behind a president when he is a member of their party during midterm elections.

Calling what is the norm an indication of cultish behavior is nonsensical.

On another note the word "retardation" is a real affliction that affects many good people; its pretty classesles to twist that term into a disparaging remark. It's almost a sign of bigotry.

edit on 17-6-2018 by DanDanDat because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2018 @ 12:57 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 17 2018 @ 01:11 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 17 2018 @ 01:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kandinsky

Being a politician is a career and Trump is a wrecking ball for those who don't support him. It isn't surprising to see senators backing longevity over other values. Corker has backed him 84.5% of the time.

But to be fair, Democrats loved Obama the same way...for a few years.

Most likely.

It's actually very disturbing. Fear in Congress (for their jobs) and in the country (for their livelihoods.)

Case in point, Bezos owns a publication that criticized him, and he then tried to interfere with his very successful Amazon business. Any fool can see that was a vendetta. Vindictive people are small petty fools.

Fear is how dictators get what they want. Trump may be going a step further by holding children hostage, because house dems won't bow to him. People like him shouldn't have any power over the public. He has shown us several times how he abuses it. First DACA, now this.

posted on Jun, 17 2018 @ 01:25 PM
link   
a reply to: angeldoll

Thanks for this, I needed a good laugh.

What's even more funny is how you guys try and stick up for career politicians.

posted on Jun, 17 2018 @ 03:00 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 17 2018 @ 09:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert
a reply to: onthedownlow

It could be that members of our party have totally screwed their constituents and failed to follow through on campaign promises. But, thanks for the spell check... it radiates high level thinking and profound understanding. And then you follow up with name calling, brilliant

Stop crying.

You guys turn on anyone that does not follow the Trump cult mantra and call them rinos (or rhinos).

It could be that you and others like you are political extremists and brainwashed sheep.

But that never crosses your mind, does it? Very little ever seems to.

I guess I should expect this from a progressive communist. Pump your fist and swing your sickle as you enforce your own brand of fascism... anyone that disagrees with you must be brain washed. Here's a little secret- you will share your women and your food and the fruits of your labor, and by the time you realize the gravity of your error it will be to late for you. Who's brainwashed?

posted on Jun, 17 2018 @ 10:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

originally posted by: carewemust
June 17, 2018

Even though Senator Corker is being his usual negative self, I think the GOP should view these statements as a compliment!

Sen. Bob Corker, a Tennessee Republican, went after his fellow GOP senators for a second straight day, saying he thinks his party is acting like a "cult" in the way it's backing away from doing anything it thinks President Donald Trump might oppose.

"It's almost becoming a cultish thing, isn't it. And it's not a good place for any party to end up with a cult-like situation as it relates to a president that happens to be, purportedly, of the same party," the Senate Foreign Relations Committee chairman told reporters.
Source: abcnews.go.com...

Apparently, Republicans who agree with President Trump's desires and actions, which are Making America Even Greater, and bringing more peace to the world, are "cultists". In this vein, the labeling is compliment. I am proud to be a member of THIS cult!

Maybe sour-grapes Corker will switch parties, and join the other washed-up "experts" at MSNBC or CNN, after he retires at the end of this year.

-CareWeMust

The “cult” canard is used in lieu of any other argument. It is no more than a dismissive hand wave to poo-poo the fact that people love the guy.

Interesting.

A few posts later you say..

I think the anti-trumpers are the cult, if only because they would drink cyanide-koolaid if someone told them it would help Trump lose.

👋 (a dismissive hand wave)

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 03:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

originally posted by: Southern Guardian

Well he's right given what we've seen so far. What more is there to say?

I agree. That's why I didn't put much effort into this thread. But to be fair, Democrats loved Obama the same way...for a few years.

Are you kidding? They still worship Him as Saint the Holy Anointed One. The Two Party + MSM System pushes pure religious devotion grade BS.

Hmmm. You all seemed to have missed the part where we (the leftists) were completely disenfranchised with Obama within the first six months as he sold out to Republicans left and right and tried to play to the center (center-right that is). There is a complete inability for the right to see Trump for who he is. We saw what happened to Obama. In fact a lot of us saw it coming during the campaign, or were at least very wary.

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 10:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: okrian

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

originally posted by: Southern Guardian

Well he's right given what we've seen so far. What more is there to say?

I agree. That's why I didn't put much effort into this thread. But to be fair, Democrats loved Obama the same way...for a few years.

Are you kidding? They still worship Him as Saint the Holy Anointed One. The Two Party + MSM System pushes pure religious devotion grade BS.

Hmmm. You all seemed to have missed the part where we (the leftists) were completely disenfranchised with Obama within the first six months as he sold out to Republicans left and right and tried to play to the center (center-right that is). There is a complete inability for the right to see Trump for who he is. We saw what happened to Obama. In fact a lot of us saw it coming during the campaign, or were at least very wary.

Yeah we saw, he was elected again.

What kills me is all these "american" assholes talking trash about their POTUS, says to our adversaries, "pay no attention to this idiot, he don't know # from shinola"

"no need to believe him on anything, he lies. So keep doing what you want"

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 12:19 PM
link   
a reply to: burgerbuddy

Obama was THE Pied Piper, if there ever was one. Trump is the Village's loudmouth, trying to retrieve all of the village's kids from the cleft in the rock, where the Piper led them away to, and into some unknown fate. It took OUR village to raise our kids, but one Pied Piper led them all away, into terra incognito.

But now, most of the villagers are suffering "derangements" from losing their children, and are starting to blame the local loudmouth, for what the Piper already did. Instead of blaming the village's council, who stiffed the Piper after he cleared out their rat population.

Trump therefore, is a "DEMAGOGUE" or a man come forth from the population, and trying to provide some semblance of Leadership. And as many Demagogues before him, he is adept at blowing his own horn. But can he find the children and lead them back into the light. Will that old Piper, let him, or will he claim to still be the lawful village leader, just like Obama seems to be doing, today?? If those kiddies believe in their Pied Piper, they will wander off into the lands of midnight darkness, and never be seen again.
edit; This is my take on that childrens' fairy tale. I think I've stuck pretty close to the gist of that myth. And there are several myths where kids are seduced into leaving their villages, by some dark personage. The Pied Piper was just a G rated version.

edit on 30-6-2018 by carpooler because: Myths and tales.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join