It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's for Supper??? 06_16_18

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2018 @ 06:41 PM
link   
NY Strips (thick), grilled corn and grilled brussel sprouts with vidalia onion and olive oil.

Strips on last, cuz we like 'em rare. Brussel sprouts with basalmic vinegar, olive oil and seasonings and corn, grilled sweet corn, soaked in (brown) sugar water! My wife, the "Chef", gets a night off...and we're gonna' eat GOOOOOOD!!!

Hey, I learned a few things from the old gal, the champion "Chef".

Life is good tonight.

Nice bottle of wine, from France, nice food, easy...all good!~!

edit on 6/16/2018 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2018 @ 06:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

That sure is some food dere you betcha

edit on 16-6-2018 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2018 @ 06:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

KFC for me, followed by a delicious Three Musketeer bar and a big glass of whole milk.

Yes, I am height weight proportionate. No, I am not married. LOL!

We obviously have different pallets!!

posted on Jun, 16 2018 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Or different budgets.

Lots of butter, salt & pepper on that corn. ya think? My mouth is watering now, dammit!

posted on Jun, 16 2018 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Buffalo hot wings injected with Cajun Jalapeno Butter... bout done right now actually...

Cook em submerged / mostly submerged in the ooze, then tong em onto a flat tray and turn up the heat to crisp em a little, then dunk em back in the ooze again before eating.

Local 'surplus grocery' had a shelf of this:
www.mccormick.com...
and the other brand Tony Chachere's Creole Butter.

$1.50 each! Grabbed like 7 of each
edit on 16-6-2018 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2018 @ 07:51 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

Have you been to KFC lately? If you can afford an eight piece meal at KFC, you can afford a couple steaks. And vice versa.

posted on Jun, 16 2018 @ 08:15 PM
link   
a reply to: MiddleInsite

So why the hell would anyone want KFC then?

posted on Jun, 16 2018 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Made a couple mozza Bolognese pizzas.

I told her I perfected Pizza bread....she agreed

posted on Jun, 16 2018 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Rice and beans.

posted on Jun, 16 2018 @ 09:08 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Because I had steak yesterday, and the question was what did you have for supper TODAY. Do you think I live on KFC? I also eat vegetables and potatoes. Burgers sometimes and I love shrimp. If you like, I'd be happy to post my dinner menus from now on.

posted on Jun, 16 2018 @ 09:09 PM
link   
I forgot to mention, I cut up some fresh Vidalia onions for the sprouts too. So, they were grilled with the olive oil, basalmic vinegar and Vidalia onions...and spices!

They came out FAN-TASIC!!! The steaks were pretty damn good too! Just a simple Kosher salt and pepper seasoning, then onto a hot grill with the corn and veggies already working inside!

Really good!!

posted on Jun, 16 2018 @ 09:11 PM
link   
BTW...I actually LOVE KFC 'Original Recipe' chicken!!!

That's some GREAT stuff, IMHO!!

You can have all that extra-crispy stuff, too much batter for me. I actually ate lunch at a KFC just last week. It was most excellent!

Original recipe is the BOMB!!

posted on Jun, 16 2018 @ 09:14 PM
link   
a reply to: chelsdh

I like me some rice and beans!

I use a nice saffron rice and pinto beans, and a whole bunch of seasonings. Throw some shrimps and some celery and okra in there and boy, you've got a NICE meal!!

posted on Jun, 16 2018 @ 09:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: MiddleInsite
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Because I had steak yesterday, and the question was what did you have for supper TODAY. Do you think I live on KFC? I also eat vegetables and potatoes. Burgers sometimes and I love shrimp. If you like, I'd be happy to post my dinner menus from now on.

Fine then, and I'm going to hold you to it. Be sure and make (a LOT) extra, as I'll be sending DBCowboy over to check in on ya for accuracy.

posted on Jun, 16 2018 @ 10:47 PM
link   
Chicken apple sausage with focaccia and a Deschutes Black Butte Porter.

posted on Jun, 16 2018 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Gee, all I had for supper was a Whopper. The wife went to a graduation party and brought me one home from BK. I like to eat some junk food on occasion. I won't feel like eating till noon tomorrow, those things sit in my stomach for many hours before they start to digest.

Tomorrow for fathers day I am making homemade rolls, two stuffed baked chickens, mashed potatoes and gravy, some green veggies and the two corn on the cob we have. I still have frozen local strawberries so we might have some strawberry shortcake with that. I contacted the local farmer and he said he will have berries before the end of June, I ordered thirty quarts to make frozen berries and freezer jam.

posted on Jun, 17 2018 @ 02:07 AM
link   
Greek salad and a brick oven pizza from a friend's bar.

The hottest day of the year so far, heat index of above 100 and my 25 year-old a/c unit picked this week to die. There's was no hope for it so I'm waiting for a new unit and while I do, someone is doing the cooking and washing up for me. Been eating lots of salads. Tomorrow I'm setting up a temporary kitchen on the porch.

posted on Jun, 17 2018 @ 08:08 AM
link   
So, a day late ... But Sunday is our cooking day. As it is Father's Day, Teikiatsu gets to choose.

He says he wants homemade mac 'n' cheese with the artisan Cheddar. I am still angling for adding crab to it, but only if we pick up a pound of crab legs for real crab meat. Otherwise, we'll add bacon to it. Then, we'll put a nice green salad on the side with green leaf, spring mix, and spinach topped with mushrooms, carrots, cucumber, maybe some chopped cauliflower and broccoli, and a homemade vinaigrette. Might do rolls or garlic bread too.

posted on Jun, 17 2018 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Almost ready to stuff em....

Red Bell Peppers filled with:
'morselized' beef butt tenderloin
cubed extra sharp chedder
tomato cubed

smoked tobasco sauce
'rooster' sriracha sauce
cajun powder
onion powder

Now contemplating if I should throw some canned options at the mixup (maybe beans, or cream of potato soup, or maybe even corn, etc...) or just go with it...

posted on Jun, 17 2018 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Filet mignon tonight at the Grand Geiser hotel in beautiful Baker City, Oregon. Headed for Flagstaff to join 15 other Corvettes in a tour of Grand Canyon and Mesa verde, then up te Million Dollar Highway into Colorado.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join