It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chinese Satellite Captures a Cool View of Earth from Lunar Orbit

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2018 @ 11:15 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

It is not fake IMO, see the similar USA shot in my avatar. They did manage the exposure to get a few of the stars in this shot.
edit on 17-6-2018 by lunarcartographer because: add

posted on Jun, 17 2018 @ 11:31 AM
link   
a reply to: GBP/JPY

Ah right - I think I get you.

Those red pointers are not there to identify poles and equators, they are just there to identify Earth as the selected object in the software. In the actual programme the markers rotate around the object, I just took a screenshot of it to show that the view of Earth was correct.

posted on Jun, 17 2018 @ 11:42 AM
link   
So what happened to the pear shape?

Or has the pear identified himself as rather being an apple?

posted on Jun, 17 2018 @ 12:20 PM
link   
a reply to: EartOccupant

The amount of oblateness is too slight to be seen.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Here's the rest of what he said.

edit on 6/17/2018 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2018 @ 01:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: ZombieZygote

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: ZombieZygote

Yeah. Now what? We've been lied to. Now what? Rebellion?

You never explained the absurd size of North America in that "satellite" picture,

Got the originals handy? You don't believe in satellites?

Originals? Of Earth? Like these two photos are supposed to be? Which one is the real one? Pick please.

It isn't a matter of "believing in" satellites, the burden of proof is on the party making the claim. With non CGI photos.

Obviously the second image is the real one because it shows America being really big. The greater we make America, the bigger it will seem to look from space. Common knowledge, I know, but anyways.

I look forward to seeing how big it looks in the next image from NASA.

Of course, joking aside, something is being hidden from us, something huge. Not sure if its all fake or only partially fake, but I personally don't really believe in the official story.

I mean if you believe either one of these images, I've got a Tesla I'll give you for free. You just need to go and collect it from the asteroid belt.

edit on 17-6-2018 by EmmanuelGoldstein because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2018 @ 01:58 PM
link   
a reply to: EmmanuelGoldstein
I played the video you posted and talk about getting lied to! Kept waiting to see the bikini clad babe. What a stupid video.

posted on Jun, 17 2018 @ 02:08 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 17 2018 @ 02:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: musicismagic
Aren't there any stars?

Ya what's up with that? I read someone say on here you need an atmosphere to receive light... Dunno bout THAT but why then why see earth and not stars...?

Anyone?

posted on Jun, 17 2018 @ 02:13 PM
link   
a reply to: prevenge

Keep reading.

And it's one of the most ignorant, yet consistently asked, questions when someone is trying to cry fake.

posted on Jun, 17 2018 @ 02:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: prevenge

Aren't there any stars?

Ya what's up with that? I read someone say on here you need an atmosphere to receive light... Dunno bout THAT but why then why see earth and not stars...?

Anyone?

AGAIN, aperture and exposure time. If people would just hit up a search engine and type this in, they're learn a lot more than just being smugly, willfully dense.

Take a gander at my own personal photo below:

And then go figure this one out for yourself if you don't like the technical explanations.

posted on Jun, 17 2018 @ 04:07 PM
link   
a reply to: frenchfries

Society, civilization itself is beginning to decline, simply because we have nothing much to look forward to or be excited about.

We don't Care about the danger! We dont Care how much it costs! We want to reach for our potential! Like the seafaring explorers of old! Nobody told them "it's too dangerous"...

posted on Jun, 17 2018 @ 04:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: prevenge

Aren't there any stars?

Anyone?

At least read to the bottom of the first page. It is explained nicely in the last two posts.

Cameras aren't the same as eyeballs, basic ally, is the answer.

So therefore you should not expect a picture to show the exact same thing as what your eyes see.

posted on Jun, 17 2018 @ 04:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: OneBigMonkeyToo
Here's the photo compared with an Indian satellite image taken at the same time

Well, that is all pretty damn conclusive, thank you for putting that effort in.

Flat Earther's, ball is in your court

posted on Jun, 17 2018 @ 04:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Dem0nc1eaner

Frisbee.

Get it?

posted on Jun, 17 2018 @ 04:34 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Hmmm... I thought the Earth was flat??

Cool pic.

posted on Jun, 17 2018 @ 05:50 PM
link   
a reply to: ZombieZygote

Just a guess but couldn't the difference in these two images be due to camera angle and lens types.

If not , why not?

Also if I remember correctly those images are not taken as one full shot of the earth rather sections of the earth are photographed and then the images that came out the best are all stitched together into their proper place.

Why are you using images of the earth that you randomly found to push your opinion ( whatever that is?) instead of using the chinese image from the op?

posted on Jun, 17 2018 @ 06:19 PM
link   
a reply to: scraedtosleep
Pretty much.
nataylor knew the source(s) and could thus provide an answer.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 12:37 AM
link   
a reply to: 3n19m470

Basically the true spirit of exploring space is dead. And civilisation is declining because some people profit from the problems society has. Pictures from earth taken by a satelite is only the first step but it seems to me it's also the last step.

Yes there will be pictures of mars taken with flying drones , but what's the point ? What's next ? Men on mars ?! I heard it all before , seeing is believing and the only thing I see is postcards homevideos from space. Nothing interesting , a bunch off rocks. So let plant something on mars modify it genetically and see how it grows. Or bring some resistant bacteria. But I hear the scientists saying 'we will contaminate mars' so nothing happens.

Or emDrive anyone ? Better propulsions systems , better batteries made of glass , or thorium....

Idea's enough but all deemed : too dangerous , not scientific , too expensive.

In the 70 they just went to the moon , because it was a race with the sovjets. A spirtit to achieve something. Now the spirit is it to play it save and to make some shortterm investments that don't blow the budget. Not seeing that space exploration is the only way for humanity to advance.

edit on 6182018 by frenchfries because: removed wrong speak

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 01:38 AM
link   
Everybody in this thread who mentioned “exposure time” instead of just straight up “exposure” should be embarrassed. You have an elementary understanding of photography. You make us all look just as stupid as the people asking where the stars are. Go read Wikipedia or something, buy a real camera while you’re at it.

I wanna know why in the world the earth is obliquely lit by the sun but the moon isn’t.

I’m gonna go with “it’s a composite” because I have a flag pole in my backyard and I know the earth isn’t flat.

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 01:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Welllll

I wanna know why in the world the earth is obliquely lit by the sun but the moon isn’t.
Not sure what you mean by obliquely. The lunar terminator would be somewhere off to the left of the frame.

From the look of it, the Sun is pretty close to overhead of the spacecraft, just as it is over the right side of Earth (Iran/Saudi Arabia). Close to local noon. What is it you would expect to see?

I’m gonna go with “it’s a composite” because I have a flag pole in my backyard and I know the earth isn’t flat.
A real composite or a fake composite?

I'm surprised no one has mentioned the color of the Moon. Just "no stars."

edit on 6/18/2018 by Phage because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join