It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yikes. Missing Indonesian woman found Inside Python.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 07:20 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck I`m terrible with computers but its on Google search -Video:23-foot-long Python swallows woman in Indonesia santiagotimes.cl.I really need to take time to learn links and copying stuff,just never never took the time,sorry.

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 07:54 AM
link   
a reply to: ridgerunner

It's simple... just highlight and copy the address of the page (top of your browser) and then paste it in the message.

You can also get fancy... type it like this:

[url=the address of the page]some words to link[/url]

For example... if I type [url=http://www.google.com]GOOGLE![/url] it comes out as GOOGLE!.

TheRedneck

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 08:03 AM
link   
Well, I can't speak for this specific incident, but I witnessed this personally in 1996 while working in Malaysia. Bigger snake though (10m as I recall). I didn't witness the actual act, but I did personally see the snake with the person inside. It was a guy in this case. So it definitely CAN happen, and some of those big snakes are fully capable of ingesting a human, absolutely! This is fact (not fiction).

The incident I witnessed was slightly different, but the net result was effectively the same. It happened at a remote jungle 'Kampong' (village) very early in the morning. A generator powering some huts ran out of fuel and one of the villagers set out to go put fuel in it. The generator was located away from the Kampong because it was noisy. They think the snake was coiled up in a low tree and it was a BIG snake! It apparently grabbed the villager on the shoulder from 'above', then coiled on him crushing and asphyxiating him. It then proceeded to begin eating him.

By the time the other villagers realized something was wrong and found him his entire upper torso had been ingested and was fully inside the snake. Only his feet were sticking out of the snake's mouth. The villagers killed the snake with clubs and drug it into their Kampong. This is when I heard about it and went to investigate. It was longer than their entire Kampong! Biggest snake I've ever seen, and I've seen some big snakes!

This was no joke, and there was nothing staged about it (these people would have no reason to stage something). So it can definitely happen, a large snake can definitely eat a human. We eventually took the local media out there and they photographed it and put it in the paper. I still have the news clipping around here somewhere in a scrapbook of other crazy stuff which happened (and there was a LOT!!) during my several years there.

On a side note, in just about the same area later that year a wild elephant went on a rampage and destroyed every single shanty in the kampong killing two people. Unbelievably, they later actually captured the elephant and held it for relocation. (Malaysians are well regarded in the world for their ability to humanely capture and relocate wild elephants). It was the first wild elephant I'd ever seen; I fully expected it to be grey, but this one was almost jet black (which was pretty surprising). They said that was fairly typical for that area. And he was one MEAN son-of-a-buck too!
edit on 6/18/2018 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Thanks, I’ll save the info a reply to: TheRedneck

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 11:10 PM
link   
a reply to: ridgerunner

Correct, and there's multiple under search about this-warning graphic. And of course this isn't a first, those older incidences come up on search as well.

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Male elephants are mean once they go into Musk for the first time males are hard to control .
i worked for a circus when I was young ours killed 3 people .
Tusko the most infamis elephant killed over 58 back in the 1930s Ringling circus .
as for snakes sure any snake 20 feet or over could easily kill and eat many humans any one around 5 feet tall of less and 100 pounds .
Now the biggest of the big well no ones knows for sure but 30 feet is possible no man would be safe lol

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 10:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Asktheanimals
I just can't see this or any living snake being capable of getting a pair of shoulders down it's gullet.

You'd be surprised:

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 06:49 AM
link   
a reply to: [post=23515075]whereislogic[/post/ Damn just damn.That answers any doubts doesn’t it?

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 07:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Asktheanimals

The key is whether or not the snake can get its jaws around the shoulders.

Snakes can swallow exceptionally large prey. There are fairly common shots of African rock pythons downing antelope, for example.

But for this one to work, you need a very large snake and a smaller framed human.

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 07:21 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

... or a human who has been crushed down to a smaller size. Snakes can put out some serious crushing power, plenty to crush the shoulders into the torso.

TheRedneck

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 10:25 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

They absolutely DO have some serious crushing power!!

They're just a giant solid muscle really, and a very flexible one at that. I've had some bullsnakes coil up on my arm before and it's amazing how much force they can exert, and those are just tiny, tiny, snakes compared to some of the biggin's in Asia!

I was up in Phuket Thailand once and this street gal came up to a buddy and me with a blond pet python (I think it was a python, might have been a boa). She was walking around having people take pictures with this snake. The snake was probably about a 5 footer, maybe a little longer and about as big around as your forearm (pretty heavy too). She'd come up to people and put this snake over their shoulders. We gave her a couple bucks and started taking some pics. With me it went fine, no issues, but for some reason that snake just instantly attached itself to my buddy, like HARD. It wasn't being aggressive, it seemed like the snake instantly bonded with him or something (we think it might have been the cologne he had on). Anyway, this snake would NOT let go of him. The minute you'd get one part of it unwrapped off of him, another part would grab onto him and start wrapping around him (his arm, his leg, his other arm, neck, shoulder). It took like 15 minutes to get that snake off of him, and that was two people too! I was absolutely stunned at how powerful that thing was. It didn't hurt him, and he wasn't particularly freaking out about it (more laughing really), but if that snake had wanted to kill him it easily could have before we could have stopped it.

edit on 6/22/2018 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 02:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

I have an online friend who is a herpetologist, and we have talked about his snakes. He has an affinity for boas, especially large ones (over 2 meters) and an amazing amount of respect for them. He would never even attempt to handle a snake that large alone, and usually wants two others there, and this is a guy who can talk for hours about the psychology of the snakes and how they will react to various stimuli, and even the different mentality of the various species.

Incidentally, he uses the same descriptor you just did: one large muscle.

Very dangerous critters!

TheRedneck

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Just carry alcohol pads with you...

They can't handle their booze...

proof of the garden of eden

whiskey has the same effect on snakes and trouser snakes

limpness
edit on 22-6-2018 by howtonhawky because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join