It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How the puffer fish gets you high, zombifies you, and kills you

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2018 @ 04:28 PM
link   
a reply to: skunkape23

Zooanthids are The Most poisonous natural toxin know to man, and you can buy right at a live coral shop.

posted on Jun, 16 2018 @ 04:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: recrisp
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

FISH STICKS for me, please!

What are you a gay fish?

posted on Jun, 16 2018 @ 04:45 PM
link   
a reply to: skunkape23

sure, but numerous deadly plants more than likely grow just outside your front door

posted on Jun, 16 2018 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Blimey I heard a fishmonger tale of whelks but eaten after only 30 seconds of boiling they also had to be alive.
I got some but I went out and I left them in a bag in the fridge, I awoke to my mum screaming there are slugs on the Sunday beef.
I got in a bit of bother so I set them free.. To their obvious doom

posted on Jun, 16 2018 @ 05:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: testingtesting

Blimey I heard a fishmonger tale of whelks but eaten after only 30 seconds of boiling they also had to be alive.
I got some but I went out and I left them in a bag in the fridge, I awoke to my mum screaming there are slugs on the Sunday beef.
I got in a bit of bother so I set them free.. To their obvious doom

Wtf?

posted on Jun, 16 2018 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Reminds me of these dolphins passing the puffer around:

edit on 16-6-2018 by EartOccupant because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2018 @ 10:15 PM
link   
a reply to: dug88

I love to wake and puff fish.
Puts my day on the right track.
I'm either going to die or make a great painting.

posted on Jun, 17 2018 @ 01:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Wide-Eyes

I know thats what my mum said.

posted on Jun, 17 2018 @ 04:56 AM
link   
Puffer puffer pass.

ETA Eating the correctly prepared fish is said to give a gentle tingling sensation on the tongue while/after eating it. I'll pass. You read every once in a while of a group being killed due to eating incorrectly prepared fish.
edit on 17/6/18 by LightSpeedDriver because: ETA

posted on Jun, 17 2018 @ 07:52 AM
link   
Fugu tastes good with Asahi beer to wash it down. You have to sign a waiver to eat it in case the chef made a mistake preparing it. Honestly it didn't taste all that special to me. I didn't feel any sort of high from it.

Every year something like 17 people die from eating it, mostly they are home chefs who think they can make it at home.

Traditional Chinese Medicine (expats call it TCM for short) has many foundation elements to it one of which is that a strong poison can kill another poison which does as it turns out work quite often if the poison for ingestion is prepared properly. I have been fortunate to not have to test this out but have 2 member's in Mrs. SpartanStoic's family who have beat cancer this way using Thunder God Vine and a mixture of herbs, prepared and consumed as a tea. I have taken many TCM treatments for various things and found them all to work well.

I've also used acupuncture combined with plum extract for about 18 years to treat muscle and joint injuries from martial arts and running, including a permanent spinal tissue injury which will never completely heal that does flare up on occasion. I found acupuncture to be highly effective in controlling the pain which allows me to function near-normally after 1 or 2 treatments. The goal is to get the restore blood flow by coercing the muscle to relax through stimulating nerves. The plum extract pills I'm told also aid in boosting blood flow which also helps improve healing.

The downside is that on occasion even a good certified acupuncturist will hit you right directly on the nerve which may hurt for a few seconds until the nerve is stimulated enough to relax.

I do recommend seeing Chinese or Taiwanese acupuncturists who are certified in either country. I do NOT recommend seeing a Korean acupuncturist, I ignored some Chinese friends stateside and saw a Korean fellow who way over treated me to make some quick cash. The Koreans have a reputation in the acupuncture world for over treating people and damaging their nerves and it is medically documented.

posted on Jun, 17 2018 @ 03:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: EmmanuelGoldstein
a reply to: dug88

I love to wake and puff fish.
Puts my day on the right track.
I'm either going to die or make a great painting.
Puff, puff, pass. It is rule of the errant knight.

posted on Jun, 17 2018 @ 07:50 PM
link   
I have always considered myself a psychonaut. Using various substances to explore inner space. I don't think I would mess with FuGu. Sarpa Salpa maybe. Only because it has a far lower risk of death associated with it. I've dabbled with Datura, flown with Fly Agaric and partied with Peyote but FuGu is a no-go.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join