It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American Medical Association Calls for Confiscation of Guns, Universal Firearm Registration

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 01:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Depends on the extent gone to in regulation. And any belief system is a religion of sorts, even if the belief is “guns are bad, m’kay” check out the 9/11 forum for some of the zealotry that can be found or any other issue.

Good call on the Northwest Ordinance. 1787 predates final ratification of the Constitution. So some parts of the Confederation are most definitely in effect, just mostly superseded.

I think we would both agree that levels of implementation of McCartyism was wrong and unconstitutional regardless of our opinions of the results and reasons why. Ex post facto of what was legal property is a very dangerous position to endorse or condone. And eminent domain is a hard argument since it isn’t legally usable by military in the case of AP rounds.

I did make a pretty good post in one of the numerous gun threads about how gun crontrol legislation always heralds or follows government overreaches of power. 1934 as a response mobsters bootlegging during Prohibition is the best example. Odd that it also coincided with gold procession laws in 1933 and later gold standard fixed prices that effectively eliminated $11 per ounce of value from those forced to sell due to 1933 law...but that was just odd coincidence right?

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 05:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
a reply to: infolurker

There is nothing in what the AMA is calling for that is "banning guns."

That would be counter to the 2nd Amendment.

What they are doing, as reasonable people might expect, is calling for changes in regulations that might give shooting victims a better chance of survival.

What might give shooting victims a better chance of survival?

Let's try a simple approach (I like simple)

1. Doctors who aren't too distracted by money and politics to do their damn job.

2. More masturbation (People who are busy sitting around masturbating are too busy to shoot people)

Not getting shot in the first place is a great way to increase your odds of survival. Therefore, it would be prudent to find the motive of the mass shooters.

So. What is the motive? Well, again, going simple. These shooters appear to be motivated by the MSM. How about that? The media knows it's feeding this and they're doing it on purpose. They wouldn't do that, would they? I mean, why would someone who has an obvious political agenda keep feeding a phenomenon that's giving them what they want? Especially when no one is calling them out on it. They can keep blaming guns and mental illness and everyone else and the common thread to all of these shootings is THEM. At the end of the day, every mass shooter has obviously been watching the news. How the hell can we possibly not see that is their motive?
edit on 18-6-2018 by BrianFlanders because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 09:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: CharlesT

armor piercing bullets.
Someone correct me if I'm wrong here but any FMJ bullet can be considered armor piercing, right? Am I wrong when I say that a soft nose or hollow point is banned in war because they are actually designed to fragment, cause even more damage and more likely to kill than the FMJ? If I'm right this just shows more ignorance of what they are addressing, right?

FMJ are lead bullets surrounded by a copper jacket, non-expanding in soft tissue but would be smashed and destroyed in hard targets. Even kevlar would stop and deform the projectile. Armor piercing rounds have a steel or tungsten core rather than lead, some have a teflon like jacket to reduce friction. Hope it helps.

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 09:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: knowledge4truth

originally posted by: CharlesT

armor piercing bullets.
Someone correct me if I'm wrong here but any FMJ bullet can be considered armor piercing, right? Am I wrong when I say that a soft nose or hollow point is banned in war because they are actually designed to fragment, cause even more damage and more likely to kill than the FMJ? If I'm right this just shows more ignorance of what they are addressing, right?

FMJ are lead bullets surrounded by a copper jacket, non-expanding in soft tissue but would be smashed and destroyed in hard targets. Even kevlar would stop and deform the projectile. Armor piercing rounds have a steel or tungsten core rather than lead, some have a teflon like jacket to reduce friction. Hope it helps.

Hollow points and soft points aren't designed to fragment but rather remain in the body to reduce overpenetration and collateral damage, not necessarily to be more lethal.

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 09:58 AM
link   
With over 20k gun control laws already on the books, there is soon coming a time when we will need to either "use 'em or lose 'em" via civil war 2.0. There are other effective weapons available that can be built at home so all these authoritative gun grabbers need to quit while they're behind. For years whenever we heard of a mass shooting or a school shooting it was later discovered that the shooter was on SSRI's. They didn't get SSRI's from the NRA. Create the problem then offer the solution?

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join