It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christian Leaders To Jeff Sessions: The Bible Does Not Justify Separating Families

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2018 @ 12:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

Hmm open borders... Do the other 194 countries agree with you?

Why do I care if they agree or not?

You say millions and open borders would cost trillions and create a homeless camps in 100s of millions if not billions..

Pure hyperbole. How can there be 100's of millions, if not billions, of homeless camps in the US when there is only 7 billion people on the entire Earth?

posted on Jun, 16 2018 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Jeff Sessions can be as Christian as he wants. He can even allow his Christian faith to inform his morals.

He cannot act as a government representative to establish Christian ideals in any form or sense; the well-known Separaton of Church and State.

Arguably, justifying the acts of the Trump Adminstration with Bible verses teeters on the edge of that Separation.

posted on Jun, 16 2018 @ 12:15 PM
link   
a reply to: testingtesting

So you wish to deny refugees into the states?.

Based on the present conditions, as in the lack of effective border control, the consistency of cries from a select group of people to open the borders even more, the crime rates that are associated with illegal immigration, the abuse of the asylum principle to advance an open borders agenda, the sheer arrogance of so many illegal immigrants already here to demand anything from the country they have illegally invaded, and the refusal of those who claim to have issues with immigration to do anything to actually legalize and codify their demands....

Yes.

TheRedneck

posted on Jun, 16 2018 @ 12:17 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

Let's hope you never become one then.

posted on Jun, 16 2018 @ 12:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

Pure hyperbole. How can there be 100's of millions, if not billions, of homeless camps in the US when there is only 7 billion people on the entire Earth?

So the US is the only country with open borders? Do you actually live here...lol

How many people around the world live a crappy life? Billions... how many of them would love to come to America...100s of millions, I see my suggestion of trillions in cost is not something you disagree with.
edit on 16-6-2018 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2018 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Cardinal Dolan hits Sessions's use of the Bible to defend family separation: There's 'no Bible passage' that would justify it

thehill.com...

Cardinal Timothy Dolan on Friday fired back at Attorney General Jeff Sessions for using the Bible to defend the Trump administration’s policy of separating families at the border, which he called "unbiblical."
The archbishop of New York issued a harsh rebuke of the policy, telling CNN’s Chris Cuomo that it is “un-American.”
“I don't think we should obey a law that goes against what God intends that you would take a baby, a child, from their mom,” he said. “I mean, that's just unjust. That's unbiblical. That’s un-American. There could be no Bible passage that would justify that.”

It's not about religion it's about the moral sense.

You either have it or you don't.

Often times, indeed, religion is wrong and goes too far we all know, but it’s often based on moral principles, not dogma.

When it is based on universal moral logic then we all can agree with it. We don’t have to be an adherent to the particular religion.

posted on Jun, 16 2018 @ 12:24 PM
link   
www.huffingtonpost.ca...

inside the former Walmart store in Brownsville, Texas, now filled with more than 1,400 boys ages 10 to 17, and their reports are harrowing.

Does anyone know if there's another centre for just the girls, or where they are?

posted on Jun, 16 2018 @ 12:25 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

You apparently have rejected law as well.

What law or laws are you accusing me of rejecting?

If you don't agree with the church, stay out of the church.

Happy to, but Dominionist Christians like Jeff Session won't stay out of individuals' lives, nor will they stop trying to legislate their religious stances into law and they insist on interpreting and enforcing existing law to their Christian lean, even if by doing so exemplifies the hypocrisy of their stance, which it always does.

posted on Jun, 16 2018 @ 12:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell

It's not about religion it's about the moral sense.

Talk is cheap, let me know when Canada is willing to take this burden off our hands since you all have the morals.

posted on Jun, 16 2018 @ 12:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

Calling for the elimination of existing laws is not following those laws, no matter how you spin it.

What? So if I claim the speed limit needs to be changed, I can be written a ticket for speeding? What kind of warped multidimensional logic is this?

Few. Very few compared to the citizen on citizen crime in the USA.

This is not a comparison issue. If someone is committing crime, the objective is to stop it. Period. American citizens cannot be deported or prevented from being American residents; illegal immigrants can.

DACA is by no means out of the woods and is even further in danger by a new Texas federal lawsuit, in which the executive office and the DOJ are refusing to defend DACA.

Of course they are refusing. Why would they defend something they believe is unconstitutional?

The fact that these challenges are coming back is further indication of what i have warned about should the DACA case reach the Supreme Court. I absolutely refuse to feel sympathy for anyone affected when that happens. It takes 9 Senators to protect DACA from Trump, Sessions, the courts, lawsuits... 9 Senators. How does anyone take the DNC seriously on DACA when they can't get 9 Senators to force a vote?

Like other presidents before him, with the stroke of a pen, Trump could grant pardons to all DACA kids and give them a path to citizenship, but then Trump would loose so many political hostages!

Yes, he could grant pardons. That is his decision. But he cannot grant amnesty. That is Congress' decision.

You know, checks and balances and all that.

TheRedneck

posted on Jun, 16 2018 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Actually, illegal immigration has been falling every year since the 2000s.

Most legal immigrants are coming in from India, China and Canada.

posted on Jun, 16 2018 @ 12:31 PM
link   
So let me get this straight the UN wants to intervene in Chicago, where are they at on helping these people fix their countries so they don't constantly need asylum?

Jesus Christ people are saying our economy is about to collapse any moment, they say that we shouldn't be the world police, yet we're supposed to just take in anybody that feels they need it
How does that help anything, how is it not contradictory? How will we help the world by destroying ourselves? Maybe we could sort out Detroit and Chicago and our failing infrastructure if we weren't burdened with everyone else's woes.

posted on Jun, 16 2018 @ 12:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck

The fact that these challenges are coming back is further indication of what i have warned about should the DACA case reach the Supreme Court. I absolutely refuse to feel sympathy for anyone affected when that happens. It takes 9 Senators to protect DACA from Trump, Sessions, the courts, lawsuits... 9 Senators. How does anyone take the DNC seriously on DACA when they can't get 9 Senators to force a vote?

Trump comes off the top rope and says I will not only make 800k DACA legal, but I'll make 1.2 million. The Democrats went OH SH!T!! As you say it takes only 9 of them to make it happen and we can't get even one...

posted on Jun, 16 2018 @ 12:33 PM
link   

What did he ask for in return of letting his DACA hostages go?

link   
a reply to: testingtesting

Agreed.

If I do, I don't think I would protest any country who was compassionate enough to let me in.

TheRedneck

link   

What else is he saying?

Oh, that's right ... he's trying to trade the lives of Dreamers for his damned ridiculous wall.

Why the half-truths, Zero?

posted on Jun, 16 2018 @ 12:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

I don’t agree in evoking bible passages to justify government policy, nor am I a believer, but the bible does in fact say it:

Obey the government, for God is the one who has put it there. There is no government anywhere that God has not placed in power. 2 So those who refuse to obey the laws of the land are refusing to obey God, and punishment will follow. 3 For the policeman does not frighten people who are doing right; but those doing evil will always fear him. So if you don’t want to be afraid, keep the laws and you will get along well. 4 The policeman is sent by God to help you. But if you are doing something wrong, of course you should be afraid, for he will have you punished. He is sent by God for that very purpose. 5 Obey the laws, then, for two reasons: first, to keep from being punished, and second, just because you know you should.

posted on Jun, 16 2018 @ 12:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheLead
So let me get this straight the UN wants to intervene in Chicago, where are they at on helping these people fix their countries so they don't constantly need asylum?

Jesus Christ people are saying our economy is about to collapse any moment, they say that we shouldn't be the world police, yet we're supposed to just take in anybody that feels they need it
How does that help anything, how is it not contradictory? How will we help the world by destroying ourselves? Maybe we could sort out Detroit and Chicago and our failing infrastructure if we weren't burdened with everyone else's woes.

How else are you going to destroy America from within if you don't wreck the social infrastructure?

link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
a reply to: BlueAjah

Why aren't the refugee children in the US Foster Care system then?

Why are we putting the kids in question in the equivalent of prison or concentration camps?

At least they aren't in cages anymore.

Though I think it would be highly effective propaganda to take pictures of kids in cages and circulate them throughout central America.

link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

The Bible also says this:

‘Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels. 42 For I was hungry and you gave me nothing to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me nothing to drink, 43 I was a stranger and you did not invite me in, I needed clothes and you did not clothe me, I was sick and in prison and you did not look after me.’ 44 “They also will answer, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or needing clothes or sick or in prison, and did not help you?’ 45 “He will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me.’

The speaker was allegedly Jesus Christ.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join