It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does The "Dark Forest Theory" Explain The Fermi Paradox Concerning Advanced Alien Civilizations?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 11:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: shawmanfromny
a reply to: dragonridr

I'm scared this might happen in the next 25-50 years on earth, with AI technology.

I think its possible that AI life forms are the next logical step. Think they could populate the galaxy and as long as they have resources they continue to survive.

But lately I'm beginning to believe that intelligent life is just incredibly rare the more we learn about earth. For example the things that had to happen for life to survive on earth makes it unlikely its happened more then a couple of times.

Its believed the only reason earth has a magnetic field is that early on a planet hit earth. Its believed this created the dynamo and why mars and venus have no magnetic field.

If this is true there was just so many things that had to happen in our solar system to create life that odds become trillions and trillions to 1. Look at are universe its trying to kill us all the time it isn't very hospitable to life. 99 percent of the stars would kill us do to radiation exposure. 99 percent of planets would kill us instantly. And even that 1 percent where we could live 99 percent of those planets couldn't support life long enough for intelligent life to form.

There may be only 1 intelligent lifeform per galaxy.

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 01:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Erno86

What makes a blue planet which is pretty to our eyes any different than say Jupiter. Your anthropomorphizing Aliens.

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 01:47 PM
link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny

Great OP!
S & F

"The Dark Forest" by Liu Cixin.

Previously floated by Greg Bear in the The Forge of God.

Revelation Space is a 2000 science fiction novel by Welsh author Alastair Reynolds

They soon discover that Cerberus is actually a massive beacon aimed at alerting a machine sentience of the appearance of new star-faring cultures so that it can destroy them.

Did we alert them when we landed on the Moon?

you stated

Could these drones be scouting for civilizations to conquer and wipe out? Could they be the precursor of a potential alien invasion

Well with the recent flyby of New Horizons alerting the Ringmakers of Saturn (Norman R. Bergrun) we haven't got long to go

.This is Dr. Bergrun's ultra rare in which he reveals that NASA's Voyager I (1980) and II space-probes took photographs of an estimated 7000-mile-long elliptical (cigar-shaped) craft orbiting in the rings of Saturn.

I'll volunteer to do a Randy Quaid

edit on 18-6-2018 by TheConstruKctionofLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 02:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Kkintekk

We’ve done so many horrible things to each other (through entire human history) that it will alone easily render us afraid of anything “from known to unknown” genetically.

Nothing scares me when I know that we are so weak and can be manipulated easily…!

And maybe this is why we are weak and killing each other

( check out Gods of Eden by William Bramley )

A force that has been with us since time immemorial sucking our blood.

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 02:19 PM
link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny

Angry Anderson formerly of Rose Tatoo
LOL

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 03:10 PM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

to you and shawmanfromny I highly recommend

Analog Digital Phenomenon Hypothesis
www.abovetopsecret.com...

There is no reason that some advanced biological life form didn't evolve over vast periods of time, and this species successfully, let's call it, "biologically ascended" in a manner not dissimilar to the machine intelligence... only they wrote "analog" signals so to speak (a metaphor) into the quantum vacuum, or wherever the machine intelligence is rooted. These two "power blocks" might be waging some timeless war for supremacy, and their methods and abilities might not be that dissimilar. An uninformed person might call both factions "the Phenomenon".

posted on Nov, 17 2018 @ 02:01 PM
link   
I wonder if Boltzmann brains are what we really are, and this is all an illusory containment simulation designed to run out and beta-test the coming Program for bugs.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join