It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Google algorithm restricts access to left-wing, progressive web sites

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2018 @ 09:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: strongfp
It's not really censorship, google is a company, they can do what ever they want with the product they provide. Plus, you use it for FREE.

Nothing is Free. YOU are the product being sold.

And GooTube is more than some simple happy go lucky private company. They're in each of our individual business every which way. They're a de facto monopoly (Ads, Search & Video the trifecta). They're hooked up in deep partnerships with the government (NASA, DARPA, DOD, NSA, NSF, NIH, etc) to such a degree they were considered a part of Obama's cabinet.

They're a public utility now, but arent treated as such. I dont know about your state, but in mine utilities arent treated like Dick's Sporting Goods or Badcock Furniture (an actual store lol).

edit on 16-6-2018 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2018 @ 09:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: testingtesting
Bing it was my first word also it meant I needed a poo.
Lol.
Bing!.

posted on Jun, 16 2018 @ 09:21 AM
link   
a reply to: CB328

Ha...the more I think about it, I can't even believe how HIGH you are!!!!!

Seriously???? You mean to tell all of us you can't find enough left wing propaganda on......Google??????????? Holy MACKEREL!!

The level of absolute denial is absolutely, incomprehensibly, staggering!!!!!

posted on Jun, 16 2018 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Are you seriously stating that Google has done something right and good ?
Inconceivable

posted on Jun, 16 2018 @ 09:23 AM
link   
a reply to: SgtHamsandwich

That's what you get for using that Google crap!!

Get Firefox!!

posted on Jun, 16 2018 @ 09:27 AM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Truth.

They are more than something we use. they are in every aspect of an online, and more and more often, offline, lives.

It's a good plan, infiltrate everything and make it so attractive that the majority of people actually want it. They won't have to find us. We will be the ones standing out without a google service tied to us.

posted on Jun, 16 2018 @ 09:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk

Get Firefox!!

I mainly ATS at work on the weekends and Chrome is what my company uses. So I'm kinda stuck between a left leaning rock and a fake place.

posted on Jun, 16 2018 @ 09:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk

Get Firefox!!

Whether you use it or not? They still have you in their system... For instance my elderly parents have NEVER used the internet, yet if you type in their address on google maps? There is a picture of their home! Good for my pops though for planting trees, because the trees prevent anyone from actually seeing the home.

posted on Jun, 16 2018 @ 10:18 AM
link   

About time someone on the left joined the party. Hopefully more of you will join.

Everyone should oppose the notion that adults need someone else in authority to digest the news or the world around them for them.

Better late than never I suppose.

posted on Jun, 16 2018 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Zie irony ist thicke.

posted on Jun, 16 2018 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Reading your post history, you are all for censorship and restricting the Rights of anyone not on your side, but whine like a baby if someone so much as says BOO! to a Liberal.
I swear, every time I read one of your threads, this is all I hear.

posted on Jun, 16 2018 @ 10:54 AM
link   
I actually think you are joking, OP. This has been happening to Conservatives for years and now you actually think we are going to care about your Communist propaganda website being censored? You didn’t lift a finger nor make a peep when this happened to others.

You are the worst kind of hypocrite.

posted on Jun, 16 2018 @ 10:54 AM
link   

It seems to me, both left and right are censored. They only want us to believe the lies they feed us.

We are not fascist or capitalist, power brokers are allowed some leeway, some are allowed to make money. Most of us just strive to get by, by design....we are no different than the serfs of old...we just believe the lie that we are free.

posted on Jun, 16 2018 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Ignoring the " country being destroyed by right-wing fascists" bit, any censorship of anything other than an outright call to violence towards others, is something to be opposed.

Freedom is a dual edged sword and we must defend even those we are opposed to if we wish freedom to continue.

See how that works.

You were probably all for Google blocking any right wing views you oppose. But now that the shoe is on YOUR foot oh, the outrage.

Interesting.

posted on Jun, 16 2018 @ 11:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64
Reading your post history, you are all for censorship and restricting the Rights of anyone not on your side, but whine like a baby if someone so much as says BOO! to a Liberal.
I swear, every time I read one of your threads, this is all I hear.

Damm Internet trails of postings......they get you everytime.

Don't worry we support you on this censorship, even though CB wasn't there for us.

posted on Jun, 16 2018 @ 11:40 AM
link   

edit on 6/16/2018 by snrRog because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2018 @ 11:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: CB328

New Google algorithm restricts access to left-wing, progressive web sites

This is bad news. In a country being destroyed by right-wing fascists and capitalists to start censoring the people that might be able to bring some balance back and prevent total destruction is a horrible turn of events IMO. So much for the "marketplace of ideas".

www.wsws.org...

Your little article is a year old.

Have we seen the effects yet ?

BwaaaaHaHaHa

🎃🔖

posted on Jun, 16 2018 @ 11:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: CB328

In a country being destroyed by right-wing fascists and capitalists to ...

You do realize Obamacare (government mandated corporate insurance written up by insurance corporations themselves) was Textbook Fascism, per Mussolini, right?

And that Antifa dresses in the same colors as Mussolini's Brownshirt's equivalent, and that they stormtrooper around exactly like they did (in the name of Obamacare no less).

You realize that, right?

edit on 16-6-2018 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2018 @ 12:18 PM
link   
When Lefties express thoughts and ideas, new Conservatives are created in droves as the recoiled reaction to their insanity. Therefore there will not be any silencing of the Left unless they do it to themselves.

posted on Jun, 16 2018 @ 12:21 PM
link   
a reply to: TinfoilTP

You do realize there is more than just lefties, and just righties, right?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join