It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Live PD illegal Searches?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 09:56 PM
link   
I am watching it now and just saw TWO illegal searches. One guy was a victim on the ground, they searched him before letting ems take over. The 2nd was a woman who had a broken window and they searched her based on a previous drug offense from long ago. Nothing was smelled or suspicious whatsoever. Anyone watching now?

Edited to add, The 2nd one, the cop comes on at the end explaining how she was honest and 100% up front from the beginning about everything and everything checked out. So why the search then.
edit on 15-6-2018 by CosmicAwakening because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 09:57 PM
link   
a reply to: CosmicAwakening

Watching what? Exactly?

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 09:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

Watching what? Exactly?

A tv show called live pd

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Oh. No, I'm not watching.

Is it actually live?

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Is it actually live?

They say it is lol. It is on right now. New episodes/season just started.

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Live PD on A&E

Links are your best friend on ATS. Adding them so we know what you are talking about always helps out.

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 10:40 PM
link   

No such thing as illegal searches, the 4th amendment has been expunged.
can't have it getting in the way of government agents.

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Is it actually live?

I believe it operates on a delay of some seconds. It's supposed to be about as live as you can get. It's an alright show, I've kept it on for background noise before when doing mundane, very repetitive tasks.

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 10:57 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 11:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ameilia

Is it actually live?

I believe it operates on a delay of some seconds. It's supposed to be about as live as you can get. It's an alright show, I've kept it on for background noise before when doing mundane, very repetitive tasks.

I have tried watching it... but, too many of my relatives keep showing up episode, after episode.

We are suddenly as popular as we once were, years ago... back when "Cops" first premiered...

edit on 15-6-2018 by madmac5150 because: Got any dam bait?

edit on 15-6-2018 by madmac5150 because: Morbidly curious

posted on Jun, 16 2018 @ 12:43 AM
link   

a reply to: Ameilia

www.houstonzoo.org...

Yeah it's kinda the same as a zoo cam, except with a focus on primate rather than avian life. This is a very apt comparison, Phage, much in line with Trumps accurate, correct and fair comments describing MS13 as "animals". Glad to see you agree. Be careful though. You are on the right track, however Not every person who comes into contact with law enforcement is an "animal"... You're getting mighty close to treading "offensive territory" with that rhetoric of yours. But, yes, the basic message of your post is true, there is not much difference between the two "camera shows", or reality tv shows, or whatever you wanna call it...

posted on Jun, 16 2018 @ 01:25 AM
link   

Is there anywhere that, say, someone not in the US can watch it? I know ATS is 100% American and therefore us gatecrashers don't get to have the nibbles and fizzy drinks, but surely you could at least let us watch the telly through the window, or something?

posted on Jun, 16 2018 @ 05:17 AM
link   
Keep on watching these shows....you are being educated on how the System has been working and you will soon be expected to make major dcisions on how it is going to be changed and made better ….so pay close attention to th9ngs others point out as well as your own observations....yes many many times laws are being broken right on live T.V....but understand he Police departments are putting this on the air KNOWINGLY....they KNOW their System is screwed and they are HOPING WE CAN SEE THE PROBLEMS AND HELP THEM OUT OF THE MESS THEY ARE NOW CAUGHT IN....they need US to remediate the politicians and lawyers and judges and others who have forced the to function as they do....they want us to see exactly what the laws do and the interpretations being made of said laws....IMHO these Police departments in large NOW WANT CHANGE FROM WITHIN AND WITHOUT.....now we need to step up....so where is the Lawyer who reads this and wishes to step up to the plate so we can all learn how existing legeslations are forcing GOOD SOLID RELIABLE TRUTWORTHY PATRIOTIC MORAL POLICE OFFICERS TO WORK AROUND AND ON THE THIN BLUE LINE...…...we are SUPPOSSED to be seeing these screw-ups on live TV....and we are also SUPPOSSED TO ENGAGE IN DIALECT WHEN WE SEE IT....like we are now.

posted on Jun, 16 2018 @ 08:22 AM
link   
a reply to: SummerRain

Hey SummeRain, I'm in Canada, Ontario, Kingston to be exact and on sat and cable here and in Ottawa, also have downloaded off of torrent sites episodes which is way better than watching it with commercials if that's any help!

posted on Jun, 16 2018 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Hey Cosmic, yeah I saw that episode with the dog jumping in the broken window, they let her go cause the dog bled all over the car and cop didn't want to deal with that lol

posted on Jun, 16 2018 @ 09:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: tayton

Hey Cosmic, yeah I saw that episode with the dog jumping in the broken window, they let her go cause the dog bled all over the car and cop didn't want to deal with that lol

Ha that is one of them! And at the end, the cop says "From the very start she was polite, cooperative, and everything checked out". Really? Than why the search.

posted on Jun, 16 2018 @ 10:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: tayton
a reply to: SummerRain

Hey SummeRain, I'm in Canada, Ontario, Kingston to be exact and on sat and cable here and in Ottawa, also have downloaded off of torrent sites episodes which is way better than watching it with commercials if that's any help!

Torrents.. Aww that defeats the idea of live.

I can use a thing to view US content, but they all want me to have some sort of subscription to a service to log in.

But
for the advice !!
I havent seen a commercial in years now. Since ditching the tv.

posted on Jun, 16 2018 @ 10:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: CosmicAwakening
I am watching it now and just saw TWO illegal searches. One guy was a victim on the ground, they searched him before letting ems take over. The 2nd was a woman who had a broken window and they searched her based on a previous drug offense from long ago. Nothing was smelled or suspicious whatsoever. Anyone watching now?

Edited to add, The 2nd one, the cop comes on at the end explaining how she was honest and 100% up front from the beginning about everything and everything checked out. So why the search then.

EMS here.... I watch LIVE PD as well. The police only need to verify their and my safety so I can take them, treat them.. to the hospital or jail. So... here's the thing...

They need little reason or reasonable cause if it in the guise of "safety". Search your car when you give no consent? Fine... But they can get K9 to walk around you or your vehicle... if the dog alerts? That's probable cause.

Refusing a breathalyzer test? Fine... But then they can "detain" you to jail and force a blood test. Refuse in Michigan? Your right... But they can wake up a judge at 4 am to sign a search warrant.

Happens 24/7 everyday. You suing them later for false search or- detention...your right as well... But it's already been done to you.

As well... Road side refusal to take breath test is OK... but in some locations... you will lose your license for 1 year for just refusing.

The illegal search and detention has so many angles in their (and mine as EMS) favor... It gets done 1st.. you fight it later. Even if negative or false and tossed out of court... It's done 1St for officer/ems/public safety. Even if nothing sticks...

Like those roadside check points. Gotta stop.. Turn around? Probable cause. Roll down your window? Something seen, smelled or observed? Probable cause.

I know it's funky and in so many aspects we think/know is illegal... Still. They can hold, detain, you for quite awhile without cause.. then let you go... Even have K9 walk around you or your car... They don't need consent for the dog.

Nor if they see something on you, around you, in your car.. What and wherever. Think of the Border guards at crossings.... You cant get outta that either.

There are so many ways around search and seizure and probable cause... and they use every one of them, every day, all over.

EMT/ERT

***PS even acting suspicious is probable cause
edit on 16-6-2018 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2018 @ 10:41 AM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

You're wrong on almost every front. Acting suspicious is not probable cause. Officer EMS safety is not probable cause. There's a fourth amendment for a reason and they need to start obeying it.period.

Jaden

posted on Jun, 16 2018 @ 11:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Masterjaden
a reply to: mysterioustranger

You're wrong on almost every front. Acting suspicious is not probable cause. Officer EMS safety is not probable cause. There's a fourth amendment for a reason and they need to start obeying it.period.

Jaden

If you please re-read what I said....only in practical application and observations.....each day in my EMS...

We get calls on suspicious citizens.. and we wait until the responding officers search and allow us to medically ascertain their condition to treat or transport. They aren't under arrest.. may or not be in cuffs -detained without charge....

That's all I said... and am fully aware of legal rights. Just speaking from the field... and am correct on every daily observance I made, make or imply... and don't question the legality of what the acting officer is doing.

Perhaps observe on any of these shows why, what and how officers stop people. Some reasons seem silly... but it happens for the reasons we see on these shows... That's all.

People acting strange... lurking in alleys, bouncing in cars, walking or driving or acting odd. I'm not the one stopping them. Ride with us 1 night!!!!!!!

Thanks... MS

1St Responder/Life Support
FEMA/Dept. of H. Land Security

top topics

<<   2 >>

join