It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are we his people?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 10:59 PM
link   
a reply to: tinner07
Thank you.

Your opinion that this means he wants to be a dictator proves to me that you've never been a boss. Every boss on the face of the earth has one dream---that his employees will listen to what he says to them. He/she dreams of a day when things have to be said only once, when no productive time is lost to people asking questions that have been answered; that if they had been listening, they wouldn't have to ask.

That's the difference between a businessman boss and a politician boss. The politician is trained to encourage people to talk a lot, ask a lot of questions and give as little information as possible. Time is not money to a politician. That's why so darned few things get moved in DC. We've already seen Trump light a fire under Congress to get his tax cuts. Business people want to get things done, politicians want to drag them out until just before some election.

Seems to me that Trump wasn't speaking of the US voters, but his team. That's what I get from the short clip you posted. I'd really like to see the entire video to get a better idea of context.

I didn't vote for Trump but then, I haven't voted for a mainstream party candidate since Reagan's second term. But they were all my president even though I didn't agree with them on many, many issues. I don't agree with Trump on many issues but I can respect what he has done and is trying to do for US citizens. My grandmother always told me that it takes all kinds of folks to make up a world. Some of those kinds of people we will have no desire to deal with in a social setting. That's okay. We don't have to like every other human in the world. Trump is a guy that I can respect from afar for what he has accomplished in his life and the sacrifice he's made to be president and give it his best try.

He reminds me very much of a quite famous man my uncle brought to one of our family gatherings. This guy was in the sports world and had his face on tv all the time. He was brash, crude (this was before vulgarity was allowed on tv) and a real braggart. My first thought when I heard he was coming to our family cook-out was, "Why is he bringing that jerk?" Much to my surprise, I learned that evening that what a person projects to the public can be very different than the person without a camera running.

People that I've known for decades who have worked for and with Trump tell me that the real Donald is seldom seen in public. I doubt you'll find a picture of him bragging by presenting an oversized check to some charity. According to them he handles his charity work very quietly. He has always been very generous to his loyal employees. That's just second-hand gossip I know but it so happens that I trust these folks far more than I trust any talking head on tv. These folks have never lied to me nor tried to deceive me---that's more than I can say for msm.

posted on Jun, 16 2018 @ 01:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Stevenjames15

No I wouldn't. I voted for Obama but since you bring it up, remember when Obama gave his big speech and claimed to be Muslim? Remember ? Or how about when he claimed to have be born in Kenya ?

Now see, I am not some stupid partisan hack like some and actually knew he was joking. I also remember when Obama said if you like your doctor you can keep your doctor...i realized he was a politician and every single one of them lie, sorta like military recruiters, they are allowed to stretch the truth.

It's people with TDS that cannot see the common ailments in both Republicans, Democrats, and special category for Mr Trump. My guess is that he was in a roundabout way, appealing to Kim's ego and complimenting the respect his people show.

I don't care what a politician says, I like to see results and so far the POTUS has delivered and if he can get nuclear missiles from out of the hands of a Dictator then the man can tweet or say whatever he wants...results not the words matter as far as I am concerned.

new topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join