It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are we his people?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 05:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: tinner07
So I see a video on Facebook of Trump praising Kim Jun Un as to his people sitting at attention when he speaks. He then says he wants his people to do the same for him.

Are we his people?

Maybe it is just semantics (that may not be the right word) but, and no disrespect intended, do you Trump supporters consider yourself "his people"

And if you do consider yourself "his people" were you Obama's as well?

It just seems dictorship to me.

Another little side topic, I hear a lot of the word "regime" thrown out there. What constitutes a "regime"?

I think it would fall under the rubric of semantics quite well.

Frankly - in this instance the meaning seems to be 'his minions' should behave more like Kim's.

But - overall - I think Mr. Trump considers to be his peers (though he is not in fact one of them) the billionaires of the world and he likes dictators as you seen. He sees that as a fine way to gather unearned wealth.

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 05:30 PM
link   
a reply to: randomtangentsrme

As an elected federal official we are their people, just as they are our elected official. However, that dosn't mean we have to agree with everything they say/do.

Ok you are right. Just in the way he says it .

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 05:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

I felt the same way when Obama used all those EOs to circumvent Congress.

So you are opposed to Trump using EO's as well?

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 05:35 PM
link   

I think it would fall under the rubric of semantics quite well.

I have to look that word rubric up lol

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 05:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: tinner07

I don't have an owner. I'm a stray.

Trump owns your mind, the Syndrome has set in and it may be too late for some.

link   

I think there are multiple ways to look at this. I mean in Western culture, "my people" generally has some manner of racial connotation invoking pride, fighting the good fight, and being recognized as a leader. For some bizarre and BS reason, that only applies to non-anglos in the western world. Jesse Jackson can stand in front of the black collegiate athletes conference and call them "my people" multiple times to rousing ovations and respectful commentary by non-black pundits, but bet your ass a white doing the same in front of, say, a conference on NASCAR drivers would end in chaos and BS accusations of racism. Then you have the "my people" used by businessmen to reference their staff and employees. That's plausible in this scenario with Trump and Kim. Consider, all of North Korea are Kim's peons. In Trump's world, he could well have been simply referring to the thousands of federal employees and soldiers who, legally, are at the behest and enjoyment of the seated President. This horsecrap he's dealing with regarding the partisan driven coup attempt by some FBI agents, for instance, don't think for a moment such an action would not lead to death and well fed dogs in North Korea. Why? Because the NorK federal employees look at Kim with fear generated respect.

I am one of Trump's "people," yes. I respect the hell out of him. He's my president, but more than that, he's also YOU'RE president. So this doesn't bug me in any way.

If it was Obama? Hell, why bother to split hairs here? I am what I am... No, I wasn't one of Obama's "people." I despised the man, his presidency, and the fact that he was my president.

link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

Link or it never happened.

😃🤡

C'mon, really. you have seen it.

Surprised you did not post it already praising Trump for wanting it....

I haven't seen it.

A link in the OP would be nice for some of us.

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 05:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinfoilTP

originally posted by: Sillyolme

I don't have an owner. I'm a stray.

Trump owns your mind, the Syndrome has set in and it may be too late for some.

Is it too late for you with Hillary?
Go to the light!

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Another little side topic, I hear a lot of the word "regime" thrown out there. What constitutes a "regime"?

A "regime" is a smear word. Very old trick in their playbook. It's only applied to a leadership administration if the media wants to paint them as oppressive.

Hence, you never hear the phrase "Obama regime."

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 05:45 PM
link   

😃🤡

I second this idea. If you are going to make a claim, you need to supply the evidence you've viewed. So post a link to the video so those of us who do not watch cable tv or have access to it can judge for ourselves. Otherwise this belongs in the hoax bin.

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 05:45 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

Usually, a dictator is an authoritarian who seizes power by force, suppresses dissent, and gives himself absolute power.

Ok Thank you for that. I'm guessing you didn't even have to google that answer... But now what makes a Regime different from an administration?

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 05:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: diggindirt

😃🤡

I second this idea. If you are going to make a claim, you need to supply the evidence you've viewed. So post a link to the video so those of us who do not watch cable tv or have access to it can judge for ourselves. Otherwise this belongs in the hoax bin.
oh crap

Ok I'll try...

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 05:47 PM
link   

He was serious.

It wasn't a request.

It was an order.

Obey.

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 05:49 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 05:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

Usually, a dictator is an authoritarian who seizes power by force, suppresses dissent, and gives himself absolute power.

That sound suspiciously like what the DNC attempted...

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 05:54 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

He was serious. It wasn't a request. It was an order. Obey.

C'mon. If I was in a room and the President walked in of course I would stand up. But him saying that, doesn't that make you think he might just envy the dictator?

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 05:59 PM
link   

a reply to: DBCowboy

He was serious. It wasn't a request. It was an order. Obey.

C'mon. If I was in a room and the President walked in of course I would stand up. But him saying that, doesn't that make you think he might just envy the dictator?

I can't read minds and we could parse what he said for years.

I would worry if he started weaponizing departments of the government to go after ideologies that would run opposed to his ideology personally.

That's more like a dictatorship than anything else.

I mean, if he had leaders in the DOJ or FBI that were partisan and were running investigations that were partisan and there was an ideological bias, then hell yeah!

Dictatorship Banana Republic time!

But that could never happen.

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 06:00 PM
link   
North Korea First.

Happy Meals second.

Amerika third.

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 06:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: DJMSN

It was a joke for crying out loud. An obvious joke at that. The POTUS is a lot of things, boisterous, loud, egotistical, pompous, and several more I am sure I missed. If people can't grasp something else to harp on then there is nothing, but POTUS provides more than enough. And for the record it was an obvious JOKE

I don’t see anything funny in this and as far as I know, POTUS is “public servant” not the other way, now… who is “my people”…?

This arrogant “orange guy” should be HUMBLED A LOT….

edit on 15-6-2018 by Kkintekk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 06:01 PM
link   

But him saying that, doesn't that make you think he might just envy the dictator?

The mafia used to call it "joking on the level".

Jokes are generally funny because they're rooted in truth.

So yeah, he's "joking", but he's also envious of authoritarians and dictators.

The drawback is that his recent flurry of "jokes" have given lil' Kim TONS of footage to use in NK propaganda videos to show his populace which lives in fear, and now will see numerous clips of the U.S. President condoning and praising such a *snip*.
edit on 6/15/18 by redmage because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join