It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sally Yates -DOJ Ordered FBI Not to Overtly Investigate Clinton Foundation

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 03:10 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

The FBI did not leak to hurt Hillary they leaked to help her
and help themselves. You know that, it is in the IG Report!

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 03:12 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

The FBI leaked about the Clinton matter, damaging her campaign
There I fixed it for you

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 03:13 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Another reason why president Trump called this IG report a horrible joke.

What are you going to do about it mr. President?

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Interesting comments out today by Rudy, saying
Sessions and Rosey have till today to save themselves.

Not sure if this is mostly talk.....

Rudy Giuliani, President Donald Trump’s attorney and the former mayor of New York City, called for the suspension of special counsel Robert Mueller’s probe last night.

Giuliani also warned that Friday would be Jeff Sessions and Rod Rosenstein’s last chance to “redeem themselves.” Speaking on Fox News to Sean Hannity Thursday evening, Giuliani said the FBI officials named in the Justice Department’s Office of the Inspector General report needed to be investigated. "Tomorrow, Mueller should be suspended, and honest people should be brought in, impartial people to investigate these people like [Peter] Strzok," Giuliani said. “Strzok should be in jail by the end of next week."

Giuliani added: "I believe that Rod Rosenstein and Jeff Sessions have a chance to redeem themselves, and that chance comes about tomorrow."

www.newsweek.com...
edit on 15-6-2018 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 04:20 PM
link   
The DOJ told agents not to take significant steps in investigating the Klinton foundation...

In order to save the lives of these agents!

They didn't want any addition to the Klinton Kill list.

Here, here DOJ!!!

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 04:23 PM
link   
I guess when Jim Comey is using a private e-mail service for government communications with Killary he can't really investigate her for using a private e-mail server for government investigations

www.cnn.com...

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 04:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: burntheships
Interesting comments out today by Rudy, saying
Sessions and Rosey have till today to save themselves.

Not sure if this is mostly talk.....

Rudy Giuliani, President Donald Trump’s attorney and the former mayor of New York City, called for the suspension of special counsel Robert Mueller’s probe last night.

Giuliani also warned that Friday would be Jeff Sessions and Rod Rosenstein’s last chance to “redeem themselves.” Speaking on Fox News to Sean Hannity Thursday evening, Giuliani said the FBI officials named in the Justice Department’s Office of the Inspector General report needed to be investigated. "Tomorrow, Mueller should be suspended, and honest people should be brought in, impartial people to investigate these people like [Peter] Strzok," Giuliani said. “Strzok should be in jail by the end of next week."

Giuliani added: "I believe that Rod Rosenstein and Jeff Sessions have a chance to redeem themselves, and that chance comes about tomorrow."

www.newsweek.com...

The Mueller investigation won't be suspended until someone of integrity on the left will demand it.

And we know that can't happen because the left has no one of integrity.

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 04:50 PM
link   
One should always ask why an opinion piece ABOUT a source is used rather than a source.

Usually, it's because the argument, such as it is, is not based on the facts.

Not making an investigation "overt" doesn't mean that no investigation is happening. And golly gee, there's a reason for that.

From page 348 of the IG report ...

In 2016, the FBI had an open investigation into the Clinton Foundation. Comey refused to confirm the existence of the investigation on July 7, 2016, in testimony before the House Oversight and Government Reform Committee because the investigation was not public.

Standard procedure to avoid contaminating the investigative process because the investigation was not public.

In addition, numerous witnesses told us that agents involved in the Clinton Foundation investigation were instructed to take no overt investigative steps prior to the election. We asked Yates about this instruction. Yates stated, “[Y]eah, I think there was discussion about look, if [agents on the Clinton Foundation investigation] want to go do record stuff and stuff that you can do covertly, fine. But not overtly.... And the sort of thought being we’ll address that again at the end after the election was over.” Yates explained that this instruction was explicit because the Department does “everything [it] can to avoid having an impact on an election.

Gosh, SOP again to avoid what? Affecting the election.

[Y]ou have to be cognizant of the fact that the actions that we take at DOJ can have an unintended impact on an election. And so that you do everything you can to avoid that.... Like if somebody wants to send you a criminal referral we generally don’t initiate an investigation until after the election.... So it’s, you know, sort of basic DOJ practice that I don’t think anybody would dispute that you do everything you can to avoid having an impact on an election.... And the Bureau never pushed back on that concept.

This actually came up with, in the connection with Paul Manafort. And they had an investigation on Manafort and I had a lengthy discussion with [McCabe], at least one, maybe more, about how important it was at that time that our investigation not be overt. And what they were, what the Bureau was doing with respect to Manafort because that could impact Trump even though he was no longer his campaign manager. That unless there was something they really needed to do, because they were getting records and doing that kind of, unless there was something they needed, really needed to do overt they really needed to stay under the radar screen.... Because it’s not fair to impact [an election].

You guys are equally upset that they didn't let us nkow that Trump's campaign manager was ... you know ... apparently guilty as sin, right?

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 04:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Are you denying that Sally Yates did this?

Why do you bother complaining about opinions,
when your complaint is nothing but an opinion?

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Standard procedure to avoid contaminating the investigative process because the investigation was not public.
He had the option to state as much in closed door ...none public

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 04:56 PM
link   
a reply to: burntheships

Read my words.

Did I deny Sally Yates said what I quoted from the IG report?

The same procedure was followed with the Manafort investigation. Oddly you guys aren't upset about that.

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 04:57 PM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1

Who Comey?

What "closed door" are you referring to?

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 05:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

The same procedure was followed with the Manafort investigation. Oddly you guys aren't upset about that.

Ok, so your real complaint is that we are not complaining about Manafort?

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 05:06 PM
link   

And yet Comey was one of the biggest influences on the 2016 election anyway 😃

But they were oh-so-smart weren't they 🎃

😃

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 05:07 PM
link   

I'm very upset

I'm very upset

🤡

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 05:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

And yet Comey was one of the biggest influences on the 2016 election anyway 😃

But they were oh-so-smart weren't they 🎃

😃

Yeah, that's what's so funny ... you guys are upset that the FBI investigation that pretty much torpedoed Clinton's campaign was public, while Trump's campaign was protected.

You guys should be WORSHIPPING the FBI ... they helped give you Trump.

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Well, I suppose that is one way to take what was said out-of-context and spin a new propaganda narrative for those easily duped.

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 05:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

I'm very upset

I'm very upset

🤡

LOL.

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 05:14 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

“Numerous witnesses told us that agents involved in the Clinton Foundation investigation were instructed to take no overt investigative steps prior to the election,”

from the OP

nothing out of context

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 05:14 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

The real issue at hand is the fact that Trump supporters and Trump's Congressional allies are content to do everything in their power to incapacitate the FBI ... that is a monumental part of our national security.

I keep resisting the words "traitor" and "treason" but they become more apropos by the day for the Trump team.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join