It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

IG 2.0 could be even worse for FBI as feds brace for Trump-spying probe

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+9 more 
posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 12:59 PM
link   

The country is still digesting Justice Department Inspector General Michael Horowitz’s scathing report on the FBI and the DOJ’s handling of the Hillary Clinton email investigation, but more bombshells could be looming from the same team of investigators.

Horowitz, a former federal prosecutor, announced in March that he is probing allegations of government surveillance abuse, in light of memos released on Capitol Hill about FBI and DOJ efforts to obtain FISA warrants to surveil Trump campaign adviser Carter Page as part of its Russia investigation.

Well unlike what many claim here on ATS it looks like there are other investigations and more reports to come...While this isn't Email related is does cover FBI actions while investigating President Trump.

Attorney General Jeff Sessions has also said U.S. Attorney John Huber is investigating claims of FBI and DOJ misconduct related to these actions, noting that Huber would be “conducting his work from outside the Washington D.C. area and “in cooperation” with Horowitz.

So the FBI and it's agents are still not out of the woods yet. Will the IG be as kind this time?

While the report cited instances of bias - or the appearance of bias - Horowitz’s review found “no evidence that the conclusions by the prosecutors were affected by bias or other improper considerations.”

But the report made clear it was only speaking to the Clinton investigation. Most of the officials criticized in Thursday’s report also played significant roles in the early days of the Russia probe, which is looking at whether anyone on the Trump campaign coordinated with Russia during the 2016 election.

LINK

soooo for everyone saying Strozk, Comey, McCabe and others are cleared....not so fast....

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 01:04 PM
link   
a reply to: GuidedKill

Some won't get paid unless they say your wrong or distract from this. These multiple ,yet to be released, OIG reports are going to get more interesting for sure. A lot of eyes looking, more than in the past .....

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 01:05 PM
link   
I see the first IG report isn't panning out how y'all hoped so it's time to run to the next carrot.

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Thank god we can trust the government to investigate and prosecute itself.

+2 more 
posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 01:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
I see the first IG report isn't panning out how y'all hoped so it's time to run to the next carrot.

What Carrot? Do you not want the IG to investigate and do it's job? This is completely unrelated to the first IG report...

Man I thought you people were all for investigations and transparency....

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 01:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: MetalThunder

Some won't get paid unless they say your wrong or distract from this. These multiple ,yet to be released, OIG reports are going to get more interesting for sure. A lot of eyes looking, more than in the past .....

Looks like the first transaction has been made....

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 01:11 PM
link   
The Two Party + MSM + IC System is totally going to bust itself. I mean totally!

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 01:13 PM
link   

It panned out just fine. Have you read it? Really read it? This ain't over, son. It's coming. The People are demanding justice this time. We won't allow this to be swept under the rug like it was during Comey's corrupted investigation. This is bigger than just mishandling classified government documents. You will see. Sit back and enjoy the Show.

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Uh huh. And then when this next report turns out that it won't be able to shut down the Mueller investigation I'm sure there will be yet another carrot for you to pursue under the guise of "transparency".

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 01:18 PM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

Yeah. A bunch of strong admonishments, but it ultimately concluded Clinton was right not to be charged. Furthermore it gives a lot of evidence to show that the FBI did more to help Trump get elected as opposed to hindering him by highlighting how Comey announcing that they were looking into those emails shortly before the election was a violation of standard protocol. So there goes that conspiracy theory of Trumps that the Deep State is out to get him.

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 01:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Well the Russia collusion investigation has come up dry [what a surprise] and the public must be entertained. I think a detailed investigation into the illegalities of the previous administration and collusion with the Clinton campaign would be most enlightening. We could even investigate some of the investigators.

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 01:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords

It panned out just fine. Have you read it? Really read it? This ain't over, son. It's coming. The People are demanding justice this time. We won't allow this to be swept under the rug like it was during Comey's corrupted investigation. This is bigger than just mishandling classified government documents. You will see. Sit back and enjoy the Show.

While I don't know if any of the real main players will be prosecuted the IG reports is not as unicorns and rainbows as the left thinks it is. Matter of fact it's pretty damning considering it's speaking about what is supposed to be the most respected law enforcement agency in the land. Just knowing this kind of bias and reckless behavior is happening at the top echelons of power in the FBI makes the back flip incident look like a walk in the park...And that lonely guy is facing charges!!

I can tell you I'm personally ashamed about what is happening up there. As a former LE officer my self on the state level I would not want to be associated with that type of agency. Hopefully Wray will make the right decisions and restore the general publics faith in the agency..I think he knows what needs to be done....Question is will he do it?

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 01:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
Here's what I'm expecting based on reporting, comments by various individuals and what's known:

1. The IG report will rebuke Comey for the announcing the closure and reopening of the FBI investigations. Which will be in line with Rosenstein's memo to Trump. Trump will use this to bolster his decision to fire Comey. Trump supporters will see this as getting him completely off the hook for any potential obstruction allegations re: firing Comey. Clinton supporters will see it as confirmation that Comey announcing the reopening of the email investigation hurt Clinton.

2. Some sort of rebuke of former AG Lynch for the tarmac meeting with Bill Clinton.

3. Strzok & Page will get dinged again for their texts with something about an appearance of bias. There's supposedly a couple previously unseen texts that will be suggestive but there will be no direct proof of impropriety. The pro-Trump crowd will seize on these texts and renew demands for a second SC.

4. McCabe leaking to the WSJ and lying about it.

What won't be there is any substantive evidence of a conspiracy to let Clinton off the hook or that Comey took any actions motivated by a desire to help Clinton or hurt Trump.

There will be stuff for everyone to cherry pick/ignore and plenty of room for both sides to argue. Attention will eventually move to the probe of the FBI's counterintelligence investigation which probably won't be wrapped up before the midterms.

And when that doesn't turn up evidence of the conspiracy, they'll claim that the lack of evidence is proof of the conspiracy.

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 01:22 PM
link   
The first report was damning enough. The credibility and impartiality of one of the world's top law enforcement agency is at risk.

But If you read the Page/Strzok texts, they read like a conversation between two teenage girls, especially in reference to anti-Trump articles in the press. These were the people tasked with running an impartial, unbiased investigation into the two presidential candidates.
edit on 15-6-2018 by LesMisanthrope because: (no reason given)

link   
Another "bombshell" nothing burger
I've said it before and I'll say it again
You know nothing will come out of it if xuenchen has made a thread about it

link   

Uh huh. And then when this next report turns out that it won't be able to shut down the Mueller investigation I'm sure there will be yet another carrot for you to pursue under the guise of "transparency".

So you're only into investigations if they serve your bias? You only like transparency if it helps the people you support?? So basically you are saying you only like truth and justice as long as they are your truth and justice??

Ok I get it now....

Thanks for clearing that up for us.

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 01:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: pteridine

Well the Russia collusion investigation has come up dry [what a surprise] and the public must be entertained. I think a detailed investigation into the illegalities of the previous administration and collusion with the Clinton campaign would be most enlightening. We could even investigate some of the investigators.

Came up dry? This literally just happened today:
Judge sends Paul Manafort to jail, pending trial

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 01:30 PM
link   
If at first, you don't succeed try, try, try again.

Modeled after Benghazi 2.0 3.0 4.0 5.0 6.0 7.0 8.0

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Memes? I got one for you:

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 01:33 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Yeah. There is always room to move them goalposts around. Posters like the OP were telling us weeks and months leading up to the IG report how this report's release would spell the doom for the Deep State, Clinton, Obama, and whoever else he doesn't like because they don't kiss Trump's ass. Now it's out and OOPS! nothing changes and Clinton is yet again exonerated.

I wonder where Xuen is with his idiotic tick tock meme?
edit on 15-6-2018 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join