It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hostages are Stable as Ransom Increases

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Logic states that if a child has family wanting them then that child would never have to be detained in the first place.

Now those with people wanting and waiting for the family member have to wait on the ice to release.

At least they get a 10 minute phone call everyday.

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 09:46 AM
link   
a reply to: howtonhawky

My relationship with Jesus (His Name is capitalized, by the way) is none of your concern... however, where my tax dollars are used is absolutely my concern, as well as yours and anyone else who's paying taxes.

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 09:55 AM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

so you got nothing of value to add

fair enough

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Its hard for me to want to protest here.

The people fleeing Mexico are doing so because the American voters ignored the actions of their government for 30 some odd years. We took what was a prosperous nation in the 50's, and turned it into a banana republic by interdicting ourselves in their business on a massive scale.

Under the prior administration we caught the government allowing guns to be sold into Mexico (undermining Mexican national law) then watched as they relaxed immigration rules to not just allow an influx, but create a marketing campaign around massive influx. Simultaneously (and conveniently) the Democrats begin their Sanctuary City nonsense and begin disallowing illegals to be detained.

The whole move ended up being a vote grab for a political party. To be fair, this is in response to decades of gerrymandering by the GOP locking up congressional voting districts...but the point is that this whole thing is manufactured outrage.

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 10:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: howtonhawky
Logic states that if a child has family wanting them then that child would never have to be detained in the first place.

Now those with people wanting and waiting for the family member have to wait on the ice to release.

At least they get a 10 minute phone call everyday.

Before being released i'd prefer knowing that the children aren't:

a: going to be used for child sex trafficking
b: aren't going to become a financial hardship on the taxpayers
c: aren't criminal (teens can be criminals)

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 10:15 AM
link   

a reply to: burdman30ott6

so you got nothing of value to add

fair enough

One could triple the value of this thread and still find themselves staring at nothing. Multiplication by zero rule in the house, ya?

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 10:16 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

due process

cruel and unusual punishment

1,2 and 3 you will never be able to be sure of except for database checks that only take a moment

there is no justification for the detention that is constitutional

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 10:34 AM
link   

cruel and unusual punishment

1,2 and 3 you will never be able to be sure of except for database checks that only take a moment

there is no justification for the detention that is constitutional

Yeah sure looks cruel and unusual, 4 or 5 flat screens bool tables, foosball, faux leather couches, 3 meals a day.....video games....

due process

I know this is really really REALLY hard for you to grasp, because i went on for 7 pages trying to get it to sink in your head, and for whatever reason you just cant seem to pick it up......but.....

This is part of due process....they came over illegal, caught in the act....now the parents are being held until their cases are resolved through the LEGAL PROCESS.....and you cant.......I repeat........

CANT TAKE YOUR KIDS WITH YOU TO JAIL........

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Seems like due process to me.

When I am in custody my children are removed from my possession.

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 10:39 AM
link   

I should add: the support that is constitutional...SCOTUS made a ruling that has led us to this point.

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 10:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

really is my favorite mod gonna play dumb?

if you are arrested and your kids are with you then immediately they are released to next of kin or someone responsible and detention of children is a last resort policy inside the usa.. always has been that way until now.

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 10:44 AM
link   

I should add: the support that is constitutional...SCOTUS made a ruling that has led us to this point.

no it is only that the admin is interpreting things in a way that creates a deterrent to future border crossers. that is their word on the situation not my opinion.

i really do not have any idea what scotus ruling you are thinking of

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 10:47 AM
link   

if you are arrested and your kids are with you then immediately they are released to next of kin or someone responsible and detention of children is a last resort policy inside the usa.. always has been that way until now.

Because it is assumed that I am not trafficking those children.

This really does get a lot easier if people wouldn't immigrate illegally. I'd suspect knowing this, they may stop. I fail to see why it should be made easy to subvert our sovereignty.

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Careful hes going to start insulting you too now when you start actually presenting facts and talking common sense lol
edit on 6/18/2018 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 10:49 AM
link   

This really does get a lot easier if people wouldn't immigrate illegally.

"Obeying the law leads to far fewer imprisonments and problems down the road." My God, it's so amazingly simple and it was staring everyone right in the face.

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 10:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

Careful hes going to start insulting you too now when you start actually presenting facts and talking common sense lol

Some get so stuck in their belief that reality should always be whatever they believe it is, that they lose the forest for the trees.

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Because it is assumed that I am not trafficking those children.

This really does get a lot easier if people wouldn't immigrate illegally. I'd suspect knowing this, they may stop. I fail to see why it should be made easy to subvert our sovereignty.

immigrate legally like seeking asylum?

you claimed your kids are taken away if you commit crime and you know that is bs

not every kid at the border needs to be detained.

some do

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 11:19 AM
link   

I do not believe that these people are legally entitled to seek asylum.

en.wikipedia.org...

Asylum has three basic requirements. First, an asylum applicant must establish that he or she fears persecution in their home country.[3] Second, the applicant must prove that he or she would be persecuted on account of one of five protected grounds: race, religion, nationality, political opinion, or particular social group. Third, an applicant must establish that the government is either involved in the persecution, or unable to control the conduct of private actors.

edit on 6/18/2018 by bigfatfurrytexan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 11:22 AM
link   

I do not believe that these people are legally entitled to seek asylum.

en.wikipedia.org...

Asylum has three basic requirements. First, an asylum applicant must establish that he or she fears persecution in their home country.[3] Second, the applicant must prove that he or she would be persecuted on account of one of five protected grounds: race, religion, nationality, political opinion, or particular social group. Third, an applicant must establish that the government is either involved in the persecution, or unable to control the conduct of private actors.

apparently you are not alone in that thought

new standards and that is all i am here adressing

i hope they get something passed this week cause if no progress then accountability will soon come into play and things will get out of hand quickly if left unresolved

btw many are eligible for asylum and many are not and in the past they were not all lumped into the same cages.
edit on 18-6-2018 by howtonhawky because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 11:27 AM
link   

I'd have no problem with amending asylum rules....but it would be contingent on hamstringing our mlitary and intel agencies so they can no longer interfere in the affairs of the nations these people are running from, with strong prison penalties for failing compliance.

new topics

<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join