It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hostages are Stable as Ransom Increases

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2018 @ 02:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: howtonhawky

originally posted by: TonyS
a reply to: howtonhawky

You do realize that being granted asylum is a privilege, not a right.

It occurs to me that if the asylum granting process is so horribly backlogged as apparently it is, the process at the border should be simplified to the point that only those seeking to enter on temporary tourist visas issued from a US Embassy should be allowed to enter. Those seeking asylum should be directed to the nearest embassy or consulate to fill out the paper work and other wise stay in Mexico awaiting disposition of their application or to return home to Guatemala or whatever to await disposition of their asylum application.

Entry into the US isn't a right, its a privilege as well. This business of crossing over to apply for asylum in the US and then wanting to stay in the US without legal status is just plain non-sense.

except it has not been a serious problem until now we have dealt with it for decades and it is a separate issue from illegal border crossings and smuggling.

the new procedure of separating families is unnecessary and unjust

Agreed! Which is why they should be denied entry altogether pending resolution of their application for Refugee status.

posted on Jun, 16 2018 @ 02:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

Right!? They should be insisting on "opening up" asylum laws to include embasies and consulates instead of punishing those just trying to find their way!

Precisely. I honestly can't quite imagine why they wrote it up that way in the first place!

posted on Jun, 16 2018 @ 02:23 PM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

I was separated from my family for 2 years while I got my wife a visa. It was financially crippling and emotionally taxing.

I dont want to hear about illegal immigrants woes.

I could have used a fast track process being that I am a productive US citizen in good standing. Dont people like me factor in? We just have to wait at the back of the line or at the bottom of the pile for years while illegals can come right on in and start living? Thats fair?

edit on 6 16 2018 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2018 @ 03:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

originally posted by: Sookiechacha
While I think Trump's comment was crude, deferential and ignorant, I never said it was racist. But his immigration policy definitely is!

A meaningless accusation where national security is concerned. If secure borders are racist, then so be it. Life can be cruel.

I'm sure she locks her house anc car though. That's not racist, just being safe and secure.

posted on Jun, 16 2018 @ 03:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

Look, something we can all agree on.

posted on Jun, 16 2018 @ 03:24 PM
link   
a reply to: tadaman

My wife came here legally and it put me $10k in debt because she couldn't work for a long time. Her sister came here illegally and rather than have debt she was working from day 1 and had a breeze becoming legal.

posted on Jun, 16 2018 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Honestly some of the comments here of don't break the law and they will not take your kids really as an american is very sad to here from some people that i genuinely thought understood due process and innocent until proven guilty.

It really set's us back as a whole.

If we allow them to take the kids then i promise you they will take from you personally.

It is very important that we begin to push back against anyone committing kidnapping.

No longer will the excuse be taken of we are just doing our jobs cause there will be accountability for actions.

Is this where you want to be mentally when jesus comes callin?

I say we all get on the same page and come together for the big win...

posted on Jun, 16 2018 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Ok. You brought Jesus into it. Tell me, how much time and money have you donated to helping the people in their own countries? Have you gone and battled with the cartels and corrupt politicians to make their country safer for them? Have you housed them and helped them gain citizen ship? How have you put your money where your mouth is?

With that said, don't bother responding. I won't read it. I aready know the answer.

posted on Jun, 16 2018 @ 06:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

lol They are TEMPORARILY taking about 1k people to a prison in southern California to house them until they are processed......

Why should they be in prison in the first place? Seeking asylum isn't illegal. And, if they really want asylum they won't disappear, they'll do everything they can to get it.

First if you walk up to a border crossing and walk up to a customs agent and ask for asylum you will go to a immigration holding facility. NOT a federal prison.

If you cross illegally at any other point on the border you go directly to jail and your kids are turned over to health and human services to be cared for till your trial convicted of the misdemeanor and deported with your kids. And if you come back and illegally cross the border again its a felony and you could and likely spend a year and a day in federal prison or longer.
and likely with real bad guys like MS13.

No more just deporting someone time and time again for crossing the wall illegally without charging then with no crime of illegally crossing the border.
No more illegals crossing and being deported 5 or 10 times. first time convicted of the misdemeanor and deported
Next time convicted of a felony and do hard time.
Third time convicted of a felony again and doing even more hard time.
This way the illegals don't make money and it becomes not worth it to jump the fence or wall.

No one goes to federal prison for walking up to a border crossing point and asking for asylum.

posted on Jun, 16 2018 @ 06:53 PM
link   

I'm on page 1776... you're welcome to get yourself over here.

Seriously, by not rigorously enforcing immigration laws the feds are "taking from us personally" in the form of taxes used to pay for the care, education, impact of crimes they commit, etc. I'm not budging from my position here. As for the "when Jesus comes" argument... really, you going there? You're going to position yourself off a man born into a culture which was very nationalistic and built significant walls around their cities through history intended to keep foreigners out? You can say "that was Old Testament" but good luck getting past Vatican security to gain entrance in the most secure nation in the world, ruled over by the self proclaimed "infallible" voice of Jesus in present society.

posted on Jun, 16 2018 @ 08:15 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

I'm on page 1776

I wont take you seriously unless I'll get your replies handwritten on paper via idiot on horseback.

Deal or no deal? I can calligraphy, can you?

(I'm on page 8 with unicorns)
edit on 16-6-2018 by PublicOpinion because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 05:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: redmage
Personally, I'm just laughing at how, in the same breath, the administration defends the separation of children and parents with the bible, then blames Dems for the policy!

Just the kind of cognitive dissonance this administration's kool-aid drinkers love to chug-a-lug!

These two facts are what bother me the most, the Dems are not the ones behind this policy, and there are plenty of Bible verses that talk about lending a hand to those seeking asylum or fleeing from dangerous lands.
edit on 18amMon, 18 Jun 2018 05:04:19 -0500kbamkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 06:14 AM
link   
So we are going to ignore the reason for this policy? To stop child sex trafficking?

Insanity i tell you.

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 06:44 AM
link   
a reply to: ANNED

No one goes to federal prison for walking up to a border crossing point and asking for asylum.

I'm afraid that isn't true anymore.

Why Are Asylum Seekers In Pacific Northwest Prisons?

“We have had asylum seekers in the past brought here [to the Northwest],” Barón said, “but what’s different now is that these asylum seekers are being brought to a federal prison.”
The other thing that is highly unusual is that in this group of asylum seekers are parents who have been forcibly removed from their children.
“All of them told me they had no warning that they were going to separated and afterwards, they were told or given the impression they would be reunified with their children quickly,” Barón said.
………….
That screening is supposed to be done relatively quickly after someone has been detained, but that’s not what’s happened for the asylum seekers at SeaTac’s Federal Detention Center.
“The thing that is concerning to us, is we have folks who have now been detained for over a month who have yet to complete that initial step,” Barón said.

www.opb.org...

ICE is now housing migrants and asylum seekers in federal prison theweek.com...

Critics Blast Trump for Sending Border Detainees to Prison
The Trump administration's decision to send border detainees to federal prisons has compounded the ire of immigrant rights activists, but authorities insist it's necessary to deter illegal border-crossing.
www.usnews.com...
edit on 18-6-2018 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 07:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: tadaman

I was separated from my family for 2 years while I got my wife a visa. It was financially crippling and emotionally taxing.

I dont want to hear about illegal immigrants woes.

I could have used a fast track process being that I am a productive US citizen in good standing. Dont people like me factor in? We just have to wait at the back of the line or at the bottom of the pile for years while illegals can come right on in and start living? Thats fair?

I told my wife we will go to Cancun for 4 days and then cross the rio instead of waiting.

Just have to find a kid to take for asylum.

I’m sure that won’t be a problem.

We'll get in!

edit on 6 18 2018 by burgerbuddy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 09:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

I'm on page 1776... you're welcome to get yourself over here.

Seriously, by not rigorously enforcing immigration laws the feds are "taking from us personally" in the form of taxes used to pay for the care, education, impact of crimes they commit, etc. I'm not budging from my position here. As for the "when Jesus comes" argument... really, you going there? You're going to position yourself off a man born into a culture which was very nationalistic and built significant walls around their cities through history intended to keep foreigners out? You can say "that was Old Testament" but good luck getting past Vatican security to gain entrance in the most secure nation in the world, ruled over by the self proclaimed "infallible" voice of Jesus in present society.

you conflate Jesus and the vatican here...
so apparently this is where you want to be when jesus comes back
it is always nice to see the whole somebody is screwing me so that gives me the right to screw you argument

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 09:08 AM
link   
So the best defense i hear is that we are treating criminals equal by removing children from parents just like we would if they were already citizens in the usa committing crimes.

However the policy of the social services inside the usa has always been to detain a child only in situations where no other family or people are willing to be a guardian.

That is not the case here cause they are not releasing the children to others as a first choice.

Cruel and unusual punishment

There are several paths of unconstitutionally one can see with the new procedures.

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 09:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
So we are going to ignore the reason for this policy? To stop child sex trafficking?

Insanity i tell you.

That is not the reason at all.

Even if it was the reason it is short sided at best to create such pain in the hearts of children when there are other options.

That is the type of pain and discontent that breeds future insurrection.

If any child in custody has someone willing to take custody then let it be just as we would with any other usa child.

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 09:27 AM
link   

If i am not mistaken, if there are US family members that can take custody, they do.

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 09:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

If i am not mistaken, if there are US family members that can take custody, they do.

Except now they are not.
This is why people are protesting because of the ignorance surrounding the new policy and what is actually happening now that was not happening before.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join