It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hostages are Stable as Ransom Increases

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 02:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

Sources tell Reuters in early March 2017 that the Trump administration’s goal is to deter mothers from bringing their children on the oftentimes perilous journey to the U.S. border. When CNN asks then-DHS Secretary John Kelly about the potential policy days later, he said, “Yes I’m considering, in order to deter more movement along this terribly dangerous network. I am considering exactly that.”

I think people are forgetting the flood of kids pushed to the borders during the Obama years. In 2014 70,000 unaccompanied minors were used to gain access to the US, we had waves of kids each year with Obama. This action wasn't the kids wanting to do this, it was adults using them a pawns to get into the US. As with all human trafficking the ones at the bottom are not the ones to get the most gains and kids are at the bottom. This was the tactics used back then to skirt the system. That tactic we can all agree is not in the best interest of the children, so the question is do we make it hard so they stop using it or do we go soft so that it becomes the weapon of choice in this battle of illegals?

Today that has been shifted to asylum seekers as the new tactic. All of a sudden everyone coming here now is " seeking asylum" from country that really have to reason to do so, but hey the lawyer at the border told them what to say...

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 02:59 PM
link   

a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

It's not false. The Trump Adminstration has eliminated "catch and release", and now all adult asylum seekers are detained, many of them in federal prisons, awaiting their asylum adjudication.

Critics noted that many of those transferred to federal prison appeared to have already been convicted of the misdemeanor of unlawful entry and sentenced to time served.
“Even if you accept that draconian argument, what is completely flawed is that they’ve already completed the criminal prosecution,” said Matt Adams, legal director of the Seattle-based Northwest Immigrant Rights Project. “What is the rationale for continuing to separate them from their children and sending them to federal prison when they are just waiting for asylum?”
sacramento.cbslocal.com...

As they should be...

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 03:02 PM
link   
a reply to: howtonhawky

Set them free! Load each one into buses, drive the buses approximately 10 hours south of the border, open doors, release back into wild, return buses home to American soil.

This is America, not a flop house, not a human recycling bin, and certainly not a humanitarian charity or homeless shelter. Don't want to be incarcerated? Don't enter the country illegally, pure and simple.

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Ha ha good one.......... that jokes as old as the Clinton Administration

They were deporting Elian's then too

a reply to: Muninn

edit on 15-6-2018 by Plotus because: Flew over their heads.

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 03:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

All of a sudden everyone coming here now is " seeking asylum" from country that really have to reason to do so, but hey the lawyer at the border told them what to say...

All of a sudden? I don't think so. Do you have some link to stats to back up your claim?

I think people are forgetting the flood of kids pushed to the borders during the Obama years.

I'm not forgetting the flood of unaccompanied minors.

This action wasn't the kids wanting to do this, it was adults using them a pawns to get into the US.

Or, it was desperate parents making a "hail Mary" of the ultimate choice to save their children from something even worse than the journey and the judicial process.

Today that has been shifted to asylum seekers as the new tactic.

Nonsense. We've had no many asylum seekers from Guatemala, Honduras, Haiti, Cuba, Columbia that actual legislation had to made to give them legal sanctuary. This latest surge, if it is even a surge and not just regular business as usual at the southern border, is nothing compared to what the US has done for refugees and asylumees in the past.

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 05:06 PM
link   

I'm not forgetting the flood of unaccompanied minors.

Then you approve of this, or at least feel we should provide the environment to make this a situation that people see it as a successful way to get into America pass the millions waiting in line?

Or, it was desperate parents making a "hail Mary" of the ultimate choice to save their children from something even worse than the journey and the judicial process.

What would be worst? a life of poverty...add that to the billions in the same boat. What you and others call "worst" is just normal life to them. Have you ever spent much time in 3rd world countries? Americans have a much different view of what poverty is, or what is "worst". These people are not coming from war torn counties, or places like Darfur, I'm sure many would disagree with you and be pissed when you look at their country and describe at as a "worst" place to live.

Nonsense. We've had no many asylum seekers from Guatemala, Honduras, Haiti, Cuba, Columbia that actual legislation had to made to give them legal sanctuary. This latest surge, if it is even a surge and not just regular business as usual at the southern border, is nothing compared to what the US has done for refugees and asylumees in the past.

The new tactic is the lawyer sharks working the system for people who do not really qualify for asylum. There is no true asylum cases coming from the south of the US.

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 05:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

What would be worst? a life of poverty...

Torture, kidnapped and held hostage, slave trade, forced prostitution and enslavement by drug cartels...

Then you approve of this, or at least feel we should provide the environment to make this a situation that people see it as a successful way to get into America pass the millions waiting in line?

I think the USA is culpable in a lot of the problems that refugee and asylum seeking are fleeing. I think offering sanctuary is an American value.

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 05:17 PM
link   

So what you're saying is they're trying to escape from a s#@#hole country into the US? Hmmm... I thought it was racist to call out foreign countries for being hellholes, yet here you are trying to have your cake and eat it too. So which is it, are they desperately trying to flee 3rd world hells, or are they citizens of beautiful, yet different from the US nations who need to be let into the USA because: reasons which will ultimately lead to their deaths and starvation if not allowed to leave their paradise for the USA?

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 05:22 PM
link   

I think the USA is culpable in a lot of the problems that refugee and asylum seeking are fleeing. I think offering sanctuary is an American value.

Wow, that's logical. "We caused problems there, so we should lessen the US' position in a display of self depreciation." Screw that and, frankly, screw that definition of "American values." That's far, far too conveniently used in this argument. You're effectively saying America has effed these people's countries, therefore, doesn't that make screwing over foreign nations an "American value" by practice? How flipping bipolar to try to hold two entirely conflicting values, ya?

To that end, we need a new set of values. American values which actually yield value to American citizens. That starts with butting out of the affairs of foreign countries that lack anything significant we need from them and, in turn, enforcing border and security policies which yield actual value to Americans... a strategy which involves not only shutting the doors, but also lighting up the "NO VACANCY" sign and leaving it that way.

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 05:47 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

You're effectively saying America has effed these people's countries, therefore, doesn't that make screwing over foreign nations an "American value" by practice? How flipping bipolar to try to hold two entirely conflicting values, ya?

Capitalism and greed seem to be American values. Self depreciation, not so much, however wars and coups to support big crime and big corporate interests seem to have become American policy.

So what you're saying is they're trying to escape from a s#@#hole country into the US? Hmmm... I thought it was racist to call out foreign countries for being hellholes, yet here you are trying to have your cake and eat it too.

While I think Trump's comment was crude, deferential and ignorant, I never said it was racist. But his immigration policy definitely is!

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 05:54 PM
link   
ID10T

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 06:17 PM
link   

While I think Trump's comment was crude, deferential and ignorant, I never said it was racist. But his immigration policy definitely is!

A meaningless accusation where national security is concerned. If secure borders are racist, then so be it. Life can be cruel.

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Yep, those little kids and breast feeding mothers are really dangerous! Good thing we got Trump to protect us from women and children seeking asylum.

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 06:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

Capitalism and greed seem to be American values

you mean the capitalism they are fleeing here in droves to take part in?? lol

You guys really think you can have it both ways.....

Ask Venezuela how the other is going eh, better yet, go talk to some of those people FROM Venezuela, seeking "asylum" as you say it, here in the US so they can have a "better life" with our Evil American Capitalism.......

Holy crap how do you guys believe the stuff that comes out of your mouth
edit on 6/15/2018 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 06:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
a reply to: howtonhawky

This is America, not a flop house, not a human recycling bin, and certainly not a humanitarian charity or homeless shelter. Don't want to be incarcerated? Don't enter the country illegally, pure and simple.

Thank you!

How can such a simple concept be so incredibly difficult for some people to understand?

If you don't want to do the time, just don't do the crime.

Here's the thing. The OP seems to be trying to shift the blame for this to anyone and everyone except the the people who are ACTUALLY responsible for it. The ones that actually broke the law.

Here. Let me 'splain. And I'll try to use small words for those who just can't seem to understand it, M'Kay?

Take Jimmy as an example. Jimmy has 2 children who's ages are 3 and 9.

With me so far?

Now. Jimmy and his family are poor. So Jimmy comes up with a plan that will finally allow him to obtain enough money so that his kids don't go hungry.

So Jimmy decides to rob a convenience store. Unfortunately for him, the owner of the store keeps a firearm under the register just for situations like this.

Here. I'll pause so you can catch up...

So Jimmy pulls out HIS weapon (Which; by the way, is a SWEET little 4th gen Glock 43 single-stack 9mm) so the owner immediately attempts to beat him to the draw, but is unsuccessful. Jimmy sees what is happening, and pop's off 3 rounds to the ownre's chest, killing him almost instantly.

Jimmy immediately bails, but is apprehended within minutes.

Jimmy just happens to live in the great state of Texas, and now will spend the next few years on Death Row, and is eventually put down.

His kids go into the "System", and as much as it hurts both he AND his children, he will never see them again.

Now. Who's actually to blame here for basically destroying the life of 2 beautiful little girls, who will now never see their Daddy ever again?

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 06:58 PM
link   
a reply to: MteWamp

How can such a simple concept be so incredibly difficult for some people to understand?

Because so many anymore think that virtue-signaling is worth more than actual facts.

I blame public school system and the indoctrination, people dont think critically anymore, they are told WHAT to think and never allowed to mature to the point they can form their own ideas.

They arent taught to do research and find out what the actual facts are......

Nope just virtue signal, it trumps reality and you look good...........

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Torture, kidnapped and held hostage, slave trade, forced prostitution and enslavement by drug cartels...

So you are talking about all the illegals that come here too then. What do you think human trafficking is all about here, there, everywhere? The left puts a nice face on it and calls it undocumented immigrants, but in the end it is all about what you are saying above...HERE IN THE US TOO...

I just don't know what you are trying to fix here... Over 2 million kids live on the streets of Rio, Millions killed, raped, tortured, mutated in Darfur and many other countries. The whites in South Africa are being genocide, as is many others around the world.

So you ready to offer to 2 or 3 billion? Once again, many other parts of the world actually meet asylum status, I don't think many seeking it on our borders is real as much as a lawyer scam to make money. As a american value it depends on the situation, just seeking it for personal gains it not a value.

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 07:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

So what you're saying is they're trying to escape from a s#@#hole country into the US? Hmmm... I thought it was racist to call out foreign countries for being hellholes, yet here you are trying to have your cake and eat it too. So which is it, are they desperately trying to flee 3rd world hells, or are they citizens of beautiful, yet different from the US nations who need to be let into the USA because: reasons which will ultimately lead to their deaths and starvation if not allowed to leave their paradise for the USA?

You bring up a good point in it seems the left feels that many countries are such Sh!tholes that everyone should seek asylum because living in their HOME COUNTRY is total crap. These same countries are where we actually go to for vacations... Go figure...lol

The true nature of asylum has more to do with the oppression of a Government on a group of people, kind of like Saddam did with the Kurds. To suggest someone lives a life of poverty or a group like the cartel is threatening them is not what asylum is all about.

“Asylum seeker” means a person who has claimed asylum under the 1951 United Nations Convention on the Status of Refugees (hereinafter referred to as “the Convention”) on the ground that if he is returned to his country of origin he has a well-founded fear of persecution on account of race, religion, nationality, political belief or membership of a particular social group.

So what this is saying is if we send them back to their country the Government there will persecuted them on the account of race, religion, nationality, political belief or membership of a particular social group. This has nothing to do with being poor, living a crappy life, having crime in your country etc etc...

edit on 15-6-2018 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Yep, those little kids and breast feeding mothers are really dangerous! Good thing we got Trump to protect us from women and children seeking asylum. Who is harmed by someone selling a product without a business license?

Also, intent isn't the only qualifier for dangerous illegal immigration. The number of infectious diseases and nuisance parasites many illegals bring into the US with them (babies included) make it a direct public health threat. Add in the large drag on resources treating those diseases puts on our system and now we also have undue financial disease placed on the American tax payers.

Makes a lot more sense to enforce the laws rather than pretend we exist as a charity for the world's troubled wretches.

...hmm, the law is clearly meaningless to you. Tax evaders aren't dangerous, yet we've sure locked a number of them up. Bernie Madoff wasn't a danger to anyone, he went to prison. Tell me again

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 07:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: redmage

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask
If they dont want to be locked up until they are processed, dont try to come into our country illegally.........

........ Seeking legal asylum isn't illegal.......

BS!! asylum from what?

There is a process to go through.

Not to mention they have to stop in the first safe country, not pass through a whole continent.

BUILD THE WALL!!!

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join