It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hostages are Stable as Ransom Increases

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 01:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha
a reply to: projectvxn

Look, it's really semantics, but the difference lies in the location of the individual seeking "sanctuary".

www.politicalasylumusa.com...

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 01:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn
a reply to: howtonhawky

Ok well, take you ball and go home then.

I am glad that we got some quality peeps coming in....like you seriously

however arresting people for seeking asylum is just a trap for humans

it is just intimidation tactics used and the current admin is totally incorrect and on the verge of criminality

this has been admitted in the pres by the potus that it is for intimidation and is not right but they claim to be using a loophole obama created to do it so it is okie dokie

it is not and there is no law that allows this but a purposeful misinterputation

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 01:22 PM
link   

a reply to: Sookiechacha

Without posting my paperwork there's no real way for me to prove this.

Asylum shows up quite a bit in my packet. Might have something to do with the manner in which my family escaped.

I think you may need to consider the possibility that this is simply beyond their capacity to understand.

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 01:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: howtonhawky

Ok well, take you ball and go home then.

I am glad that we got some quality peeps coming in....like you seriously

it is just intimidation tactics used and the current admin is totally incorrect and on the verge of criminality

this has been admitted in the pres by the potus that it is for intimidation and is not right but they claim to be using a loophole obama created to do it so it is okie dokie

it is not and there is no law that allows this but a purposeful misinterputation

By the way, punctuation is your friend.

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 01:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: MteWamp

a reply to: Sookiechacha

Without posting my paperwork there's no real way for me to prove this.

Asylum shows up quite a bit in my packet. Might have something to do with the manner in which my family escaped.

I think you may need to consider the possibility that this is simply beyond their capacity to understand.

exactly

case closed cause a member has a piece of paper

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Depends on the situation. When you have a lot of people showing up on your side of the border all asking for asylum you need to place them somewhere, determine if they have a legitimate stake to claim asylum, determine whether laws have been broken, and then move on with the adjudication process.

We could always erect a refugee camp, but I don't think even that would be palatable for some.

This is a product of the situation we find ourselves in. The president is the Chief Executive Officer of the US. He's a law enforcement officer, and by all accounts, he's following the law. This is what it looks like when you have an administration who doesn't ignore immigration law for political purposes.

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 01:27 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

If a Cuban citizen cannot manage to take advantage of the Cuban Refugee Adjustment Act, he or she can still apply for asylum. There are many human rights abuses in Cuba that would make people afraid to return to or remain in Cuba.

I think that would cover "boat people" and illegal Cuban immigrants on US soil that may overstayed their VISA or have entered through Mexico or other routes. Elian Gonzales comes to mind.

Many Cubans had left Cuba for the United States since the Cuban Revolution of 1959. This emigration was illegal under both Cuban and U.S. laws; e.g., any Cuban found at sea attempting to reach U.S. shores could be deported by the United States or be arrested by Cuban authorities.
At the time, U.S. policy had evolved into a so-called "wet feet, dry feet" rule. If a Cuban was picked up at sea or walking toward shore, they were repatriated unless they could make a claim of asylum. If they made it to shore (or entered through Mexico) before encountering U.S. authorities, they were generally allowed to remain in the country.[3]
en.wikipedia.org...án_González

edit on 15-6-2018 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 01:28 PM
link   

this has been admitted in the pres by the potus that it is for intimidation and is not right

Source please.......

there is no law that allows this but a purposeful misinterputation

Again source please

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 01:28 PM
link   
dbl
edit on 6/15/2018 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 01:58 PM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

source yourself

you have to assume some amount of responsibility in keeping up with what is being said.

the comments have been made several times over the last few weeks

btw just because you do not get a link thrown at you in no way has any bearing on the truth

it is just as easy for you to search google than it is to ask me for backing up info that has not only been posted here but in the msm for weeks

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Depends on the situation. When you have a lot of people showing up on your side of the border all asking for asylum you need to place them somewhere, determine if they have a legitimate stake to claim asylum, determine whether laws have been broken, and then move on with the adjudication process.

We could always erect a refugee camp, but I don't think even that would be palatable for some.

This is a product of the situation we find ourselves in. The president is the Chief Executive Officer of the US. He's a law enforcement officer, and by all accounts, he's following the law. This is what it looks like when you have an administration who doesn't ignore immigration law for political purposes.

no it does not depend

by all accounts he is not following the law but i suppose if you feel as if he is then the pr is working

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 02:02 PM
link   
you jack booted thuggish clowns need to join us in the real world sometime

it is kinda nice you know LIFE LIBERTY AND THE PURSUIT OF HAPPINESS

tends to clash with the ole lock em all up crowd cause WERE AMERICA BITCHES

you get it that is what your leaders think of the rest of the world just a bunch of bitches

source that #

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 02:03 PM
link   

source that #

Soo....You can't or won't qualify your assertions?

Cool. Discussion over I guess.

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 02:08 PM
link   

you have to assume some amount of responsibility in keeping up with what is being said.

No you made claims, now im asking you to prove them...........thats how it works.......and thats how debates work......

But its clear you have no intent on doing so, either because you know youre full of it and dont want to impeach your own argument, or because like i said earlier, all common sense has left the thread.

Be mad all you want, I might be irritated too if i realized I made a BS thread with arguments I couldnt back up
edit on 6/15/2018 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 02:10 PM
link   

source that #

Soo....You can't or won't qualify your assertions?

Cool. Discussion over I guess.

do you know how to read?

why cherry pic that out of a post when i explained that you people have a responsibility to be somewhat familiar with the facts

your discussion never really begun if you all just go around ignoring quality points while shouting source from the mountaintop

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 02:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: redmage

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask
If they dont want to be locked up until they are processed, dont try to come into our country illegally.........

........ Seeking legal asylum isn't illegal.......

They don’t get arrested for seeking asylum. They get arrested for crossing the border illegally.

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 02:13 PM
link   

what is clear is that you have no clue and no interest in getting one

the facts have been laid out

you are found derelict in your duty to inform yourself

you are a joke with no punch line

if any part of you wanted an answer then you would just search google and see or even better how about pay attention to your surroundings

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Cannibalism found in detainment camps, children die en mass, bodies burned to hide evidence. could have just as well been the title to your lopsided OP.

Hostages are Stable as Ransom Increases Complete hyperbole and misdirection. Becoming all too frequent.

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 02:14 PM
link   

when i explained that you people have a responsibility to be somewhat familiar with the facts

You mean the facts that you refuse to source?

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 02:15 PM
link   

noone is mad or even close it is just another failure to sense your surroundings and make an informed decision

you are entertaining

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join