It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hostages are Stable as Ransom Increases

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 01:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn
They aren't showing up to apply for entry. They are illegally entering the country or attempting to do so.

nope

that is untrue in every case

the asylum process allows for crossing

Obtaining Asylum in the United States | USCIS www.uscis.gov... Oct 19, 2015 - Affirmative asylum applicants are rarely detained by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE). You may live in the United States while your application is pending before USCIS. If you are found ineligible, you can remain in the United States while your application is pending with the Immigration Judge.

edit on 15-6-2018 by howtonhawky because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 01:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

There is only one way to "seek asylum" and that is from US soil. I'm sure that immigration officials would prefer people to wiat in line at the border, but asylum seekers can legally ask for asylum when they are caught and detained or they can turn themself in to ICE, once on US soil to ask for asylum

Funny that.

I entered the US with political asylum already granted to me and my family in 1989. didn't have to illegally enter the country to do so either.

My I-94 was granted for indefinite asylum and I am now a US citizen.

There's a right way and a wrong way.
edit on 15 6 18 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 01:07 PM
link   
a reply to: howtonhawky

the asylum clause allows for crossing

You do know that asking for asylum doesn't guarantee it right? That the US has pretty strict rules with regard to who gets asylum and who doesn't?

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 01:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: howtonhawky
Do any of you want to tell us what law makes it legal to separate immigrants in the current fashion that is happening?

You buy the loophole argument cause someone said loophole

you all are going around stating that it's got to be a felony to cross our border. it is not

your whole argument fails at that point

the only legal separation that can happen without the detainers being involved in a criminal act themselves is if a person is a sole guardian to a minor and that person is a felon in the usa

correct yourself before you wreck yourself

The poster you were debating already wrecked you. There’s really nothing else to discuss here.

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 01:08 PM
link   

You do know that asking for asylum doesn't guarantee it right? That the US has pretty strict rules with regard to who gets asylum and who doesn't?

YOU DO KNOW IT does not allow for separation of your family

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 01:10 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

I entered the US with political asylum already granted to me and my family in 1989. didn't have to illegally enter the country to do so either.

I don't believe you. Perhaps you had "refugee" status, like my father and his family got in the 1960s, due to cartel threats.

Asylum status applies to persons that are already within the United States or at a U.S. port of entry. Refugee status applies to persons who are located outside of the United States as well as outside of their native country, but who are unwilling or unable to return to their native country due to persecution.
immigration-law.freeadvice.com...

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 01:10 PM
link   

This isn't an asylum problem. It's an illegal entry problem. SOME of those families may be granted asylum, but most won't, in the mean time those who broke the law will be held while the investigation is completed and a disposition is reached.

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 01:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Middleoftheroad

Do any of you want to tell us what law makes it legal to separate immigrants in the current fashion that is happening?

you all are going around stating that it's got to be a felony to cross our border. it is not

the only legal separation that can happen without the detainers being involved in a criminal act themselves is if a person is a sole guardian to a minor and that person is a felon in the usa

The poster you were debating already wrecked you. There’s really nothing else to discuss here.

oh burnt with ignorance

i surrender now

i surrender this fart to your nostrils

enjoy

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 01:12 PM
link   

This isn't an asylum problem. It's an illegal entry problem. SOME of those families may be granted asylum, but most won't, in the mean time those who broke the law will be held while the investigation is completed and a disposition is reached.

really

you just gonna sit in that pile of ignorrance

you got some flaws in your post there

i get the feeling it will do me no good to point them out because you are not allowed to make sense apparently

link   

I don't believe you.

Don't give a #.

Perhaps you had "refugee" status, like my father and his family got in the 1960s, due to cartel threats.

My family and I are Cuban political refugees granted asylum.

link   

What does that have to do with anything? Asylum seekers are being incarcerated and their children taken from them and placed in detention centers, while they await adjudication!

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Ok well, take your ball and go home then.
edit on 15 6 18 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 01:14 PM
link   

while they await adjudication!

Yep. And?

What do you want to happen? Have them placed in the Hyatt at tax payer expense?

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 01:14 PM
link   

So, you got "refugee" status. That's what I thought. My father's family got refugee status from Columbia. Asylum is only considered to those on US soil, as I already proved.

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 01:15 PM
link   
And wait for next week when ransom isn't paid and hostages end up in a meat grinder...

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Without posting my paperwork there's no real way for me to prove this.

Asylum shows up quite a bit in my packet. Might have something to do with the manner in which my family escaped.

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 01:16 PM
link   

I don't care where they stay, but I bet a Hyatt would be less expensive than federal prison. LOL

If they want asylum, they're not going to hide. They're going to try to do everything they're supposed to do.

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Look, it's really semantics, but the difference lies in the location of the individual seeking "sanctuary".

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 01:18 PM
link   

There is only one way to "seek asylum" and that is from US soil. I'm sure that immigration officials would prefer people to wiat in line at the border, but asylum seekers can legally ask for asylum when they are caught and detained or they can turn themself in to ICE, once on US soil to ask for asylum

Funny that.

My I-94 was granted for indefinite asylum and I am now a US citizen.

There's a right way and a wrong way.

NO NO FACTS!

We have to operate on pure emotion and total ignorance of actual laws........thats the ONLY way to discuss this

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 01:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Middleoftheroad

oh burnt with ignorance

i surrender now

i surrender this fart to your nostrils

enjoy

How old are you? 11?

And you wonder why nobody here takes you seriously?

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join