It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hostages are Stable as Ransom Increases

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 12:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

lol They are TEMPORARILY taking about 1k people to a prison in southern California to house them until they are processed......

Why should they be in prison in the first place? Seeking asylum isn't illegal. And, if they really want asylum they won't disappear, they'll do everything they can to get it.

because there is a legal process for that too and they didnt follow it...........end of......

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 12:28 PM
link   

what law was broken?

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Let me issue a challenge and let's see if you'll put your money where your mouth is.

I am a US citizen and legal resident in Mexico. I went through the proper channels. Under my present immigration status, I cannot work in Mexico. There is a big sign in the immigration office that I go to informing me that if I attempt to vote in Mexico, I WILL GO TO PRISON.

Why don't you do to Mexico illegally and try to get public assistance and healthcare, vote, educate your children.

Report back here in a few months and let us know how that works out for you. OK?

link   
Let me issue a challenge and let's see if you'll put your money where your mouth is.

I am a US citizen and legal resident in Mexico. I went through the proper channels. Under my present immigration status, I cannot work in Mexico. There is a big sign in the immigration office that I go to informing me that if I attempt to vote in Mexico, I WILL GO TO PRISON.

Why don't you do to Mexico illegally and try to get public assistance and healthcare, vote, educate your children.

Report back here in a few months and let us know how that works out for you. OK?

link   

There is no Due Process for the immigrant minors being separated and/or detained without being charged with a crime.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 12:31 PM
link   
The only nonsense is coming from you, what MBTM said is fact.

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 12:32 PM
link   
a reply to: howtonhawky

what law was broken?

So you dont know the laws, but youre fighting me tooth and nail telling me im wrong?

Yep that makes sense..........

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 12:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask
They werent granted asylum, theres a process for that as well, ask the refugees that are here LEGALLY

People are being separated from their children while legally applying and being processed.

Showing your oversimplification here...

If they dont want to be locked up until they are processed, dont try to come into our country illegally.........

... is absurd, and no cute Jim Carey meme is going to make your nonsense any less absurd.

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 12:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

There is no Due Process for the immigrant minors being separated and/or detained without being charged with a crime.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

You cant take your kids to jail with you, what would you rather them do? Send the kids back to mexico without their parents? turn them lose on the streets with with no one and no where to go?

Sorry you break the law, you get processed until you can be sent back........

If you DONT want your kids subject to that stuff, THEN STOP BRINGING THEM WITH YOU WHEN YOU BREAK THE LAW!

+1 more 
posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 12:34 PM
link   
a reply to: redmage

People are being separated from their children while legally applying and being processed.

Jumping the border is not legally applying...........

Has all common sense just fallen right out of some of yalls heads?

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 12:37 PM
link   

People are being separated from their children while legally applying and being processed. People legally applying are not "jumping borders". They apply AT the border.

It's really not that complicated. Even you should be able to comprehend the difference.
edit on 6/15/18 by redmage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 12:37 PM
link   

a reply to: redmage

talking out of your ass with much gusto feelings

you are posting your world view as if it is a legal one

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 12:46 PM
link   

He is speaking of legalities here.

You're being obtuse and ridiculous, quite frankly, considering you didn't even comprehend the material you used as a source.

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 12:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn

No, he is conflating legal applications with illegal border "jumping".

He either doesn't understand that there is a difference, or he is being obtuse and ridiculous.
edit on 6/15/18 by redmage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 12:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn

You're being obtuse and ridiculous, quite frankly, considering you didn't even comprehend the material you used as a source.

you are outta your mind with that comment

backing bull# for the sake of bull#

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 01:00 PM
link   
They aren't showing up to apply for entry. They are illegally entering the country or attempting to do so.

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 01:01 PM
link   

The senator didn't have his Sams Membership card with him,,,

Hell, if I were one of those kids living there in the Wal Mart, I certainly wouldn't want to leave! Coming from a place where the excitement is sailing turds down the ditch with stick and leaf sails or watching the local gangs dismember an adversary (or someone who looked at them wrong) to playing table tennis and video games or watching TV, what do you think?
edit on 15-6-2018 by NightFlight because: Y I

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Do any of you want to tell us what law makes it legal to separate immigrants in the current fashion that is happening?

You buy the loophole argument cause someone said loophole

you all are going around stating that it's got to be a felony to cross our border. it is not

your whole argument fails at that point

the only legal separation that can happen without the detainers being involved in a criminal act themselves is if a person is a sole guardian to a minor and that person is a felon in the usa

correct yourself before you wreck yourself

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 01:03 PM
link   

the only legal separation that can happen without the detainers being involved in a criminal act themselves is if a person is a sole guardian to a minor and that person is a felon in the usa

Citation required.

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 01:04 PM
link   

You cant take your kids to jail with you, what would you rather them do?

I'm talking about people being imprisoned, their children separately incarcerated, while they await legal asylum proceedings. I would rather that they didn't use the prison system to incarcerate adults seeking asylum and I'd rather we didn't take their kids away from them and find a way to house "families" together, rather than separately, while they await their adjudication.

There is only one way to "seek asylum" and that is from US soil. I'm sure that immigration officials would prefer people to wiat in line at the border, but asylum seekers can legally ask for asylum when they are caught and detained or they can turn themself in to ICE, once on US soil to ask for asylum.

First time offences of illegally entering country is a misdemeanor. There is no need for federal prison. Asylum seekers aren't trying to disappear, they're trying to get on the legal roles.

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join