It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Manafort ordered to jail, bail revoked on witness tampering charge

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Former Trump campaign chairman Paul Manafort was jailed Friday after a federal judge revoked his $10 million bail based on new witness tampering charges brought by Special Counsel Robert Mueller.

Washington, D.C., Federal District Judge Amy Berman Jackson sent the onetime power player to jail pending trial moments after he pleaded not guilty to the charges, brought against him and his associate, Konstantin Kilimnik of Moscow.

Mueller accused the pair of obstructing justice in the investigation into Russian meddling and potential collusion with Trump campaign associates in 2016.

Manafort's trial before Jackson is expected to take place in September. He is also facing charges brought by Mueller in another federal court, and will appear for that case in August.

The filings last week, signed by Mueller, alleged that Manafort and Kilimnik “knowingly and intentionally attempted to corruptly persuade another person…with intent to influence, delay, and prevent the testimony of any person in an official proceeding.”

Link

For anti Foxers

Link

Well Mueller finally jailed someone if only for a little while. Looks like Manafort's bail has been removed. I'm sure the regulars will be here any minute saying this proves Trump is guilty....Although none of the crimes he has been charged with so far connect him to Trump...

edit on 15-6-2018 by GuidedKill because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Has nothing to do with Trump.

But it sure does imply Manafort's guilt.

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 11:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
Has nothing to do with Trump.

But it sure does imply Manafort's guilt.

Yes it does...If they are guilty they should pay...

Just wish everyone felt that way and applied the law equally....

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 11:51 AM
link   
if guilty, then jail. Wow, what a concept. Oh, I forgot the extra part, jail the guilty ones who aren't "too big to jail".

(that was a joke, poking fun at the "too big to fail" thing with the banks, that I didn't agree with either)

+1 more 
posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Proves Trump himself is guilty? Nah.

Proves that Trump surrounds himself with dirty, criminal people? That shouldn’t even be debatable at this point.

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 11:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

Proves that Trump surrounds himself with dirty, criminal people? That shouldn’t even be debatable at this point.

Contort however you want...

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 11:54 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Contort facts?

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 11:58 AM
link   

since we are going with wild speculation, how many of those dirty, awful, mean people were placed in the Trump team to disrupt of report back to someone? Not "spies" persay, but ....informants.

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 11:59 AM
link   

I’m noticing there’s no more “trump picks the best people” defense being used anymore.

Why is that I wonder?

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 12:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

since we are going with wild speculation, how many of those dirty, awful, mean people were placed in the Trump team to disrupt of report back to someone? Not "spies" persay, but ....informants.

Youre the one talking about wild speculation, so you tell me.

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 12:04 PM
link   

I’m noticing there’s no more “trump picks the best people” defense being used anymore.

Why is that I wonder?

Because when Trump took office, who actually applied that could be "best" to pick from? Do you not recall that his administration was blackballed by #Resist?

link   
Is it just me or do you need a scorecard to keep track of all these people?

link   

originally posted by: Stevenjames15
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Contort facts?

Name a single administration who hasn't?

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 12:06 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

Nope. It's not just you.

Have you noticed how intertwined from administration to administration some of these names are??

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 12:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid
Is it just me or do you need a scorecard to keep track of all these people?

I was just thinking this same thing. How do people keep track of who all these people are? I can no longer remember who is accused of what or who is doing the accusing...

It's difficult to even care anymore.

We just need a flood - the biblical kind.

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Why is that I wonder?

Because when Trump took office, who actually applied that could be "best" to pick from? Do you not recall that his administration was blackballed by #Resist?

I doubt many people applied at all. Lifelong politicians and friends of Trump (Clintons, DC Democrats and Republicans) already know who Trump is and what he’s about. He’s donated to most of them.

The smart bet would be to wait him out and not martyr yourself for nothing. That isn’t because of any “resist” movement, just smart political maneuvering by people who care about their careers. Trump is a sinking ship, and always has been. It’s no surprise people aren’t jumping at the chance to chain themselves to him.

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 12:11 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Why would Trump choose to surround himself with people that are spying on him?

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 12:11 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Well said.

I'll put some anon's thoughts from 10/31/17 here as well.

Manafort was placed into Trump's camp (as well as others). The corruption that will come out is so serious that deals must be cut for people to walk away otherwise 70% of elected politicians would be in jail (you are seeing it already begin). A deep cleaning is occurring and the prevention and defense of pure evil is occurring on a daily basis. They never thought they were going to lose control of the Presidency (not just D's) and thought they had control since making past mistakes (JFK, Reagan).

As Q said:

Manafort was a plant.

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 12:12 PM
link   
a reply to: GuidedKill

This does not prove Trump is guilty of anything, other than not choosing to surround himself with the best people.

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 12:12 PM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

Trump isn't a sinking ship. He's doing what he was elected for by the people who elected him. And he's succeeding at it.

If you aren't going to speak honestly, what is the purpose of discussing this?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join