It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Very strange...worth figuring out??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 11:03 AM
link   
pbs.twimg.com...
Any ideas from anyone? What does it mean? I have absolutely no idea, but thought it was worthy of dissection on ATS...LOL...Simpsons in 2002? and then the recent visit....just coincidences???

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 11:06 AM
link   
The cartoon is from a 2002 episode of The Simpsons...and then we have the ACTUAL pic, that was taken recently with Trumps travel overseas...Coincidence? I have no idea, but it is extremely strange and a little bit Deja' Vu....ok, it's just plain weird!!! a reply to: rockhndr

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 11:09 AM
link   
a reply to: rockhndr

The cartoon image was from summer 2017.... not 2002.

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 11:12 AM
link   
a reply to: rockhndr

www.snopes.com...

However, “The Simpsons” image is not from a 2002 episode; rather, the screenshot comes from a short video posted to “The Simpsons” Facebook page on 26 May 2017 — after Trump’s visit to Saudi Arabia. The “picture” can be seen on a wall leading up to the office of Vice President Mike Pence at the 6 second mark of the following video:

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Thank you for the correction, but admittedly it is still a bit uncanny to see-LOL!!...But I see now it is not what it was portrayed to be...thanks for straightening me out....seriously, that is why some of us bring things to ATS...we know there are many here who have so much more to share...Thank you for the lesson, I really mean that....it is easy for some to get upset or angry and lash out at anothers naive post, but some of us (ok, OK! ME!!-LOL) just don't know where to look for accurate information like some of you that are here...we try-we really do....or rather, I TRY...I really, really do...but age has alot to do with technology-FF-False information...I suppose my 27 year old daughter would know, but I don't dare ask-she already thinks Mom's lost her sh*t because I follow some strange things on the internet, why embarrass myself (or her) more by discussing these things? LMAO!! Always willing to learn, and thank you for setting me straight!
a reply to: eluryh22

edit on 15-6-2018 by rockhndr because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Plenty of real ones out there a few examples notice they are all very precise.
Good list here with pictures ;-) www.thewrap.com...
Predicted: 1998
Happened: 2017

The most recent “Simpsons” prediction to come true was Disney’s $52 billion deal for 21st Century Fox, announced in December. In “When You Dish Upon a Star,” there’s a sign that reads “20th Century Fox, a division of Walt Disney Co.”

“That equation predicts the mass of the Higgs boson,” Simon Singh, author of the 2013 book “The Simpsons and Their Mathematical Secrets,” told the British newspaper The Independent in 2015. “If you work it out, you get the mass of a Higgs boson that’s only a bit larger than the nano-mass of a Higgs boson actually is. It’s kind of amazing as Homer makes this prediction 14 years before it was discovered.”

This is a direct Simpsons quote from March 2000 in a future where Lisa was president

www.nytimes.com...

The financial crisis in Greece rumbled on in 2015, hogging headlines for weeks, but the long-running US show saw things going awry there years before: just witness this small, subtle gag in 2013 episode ‘Politically Inept, With Homer Simpson’. As Springfield’s most loveable buffoon is being interviewed on TV, a news ticker flashes on the screen below with the headline: “Europe puts Greece on eBay.”

The Rolling Stones to keep on rocking into old age Latest News image: ksassets.timeincuk.net... Grimes Credit: Getty Grimes previews snippet of new song ‘That’s What The Drugs Are For’ in Apple advert image: ksassets.timeincuk.net... Download Festival Credit: REX Police investigate sexual assault at Download Festival image: ksassets.timeincuk.net... Drill group banned from making music without police permission In the 1995 episode ‘Lisa’s Wedding’, set in the future, her fiancee has a poster in her room claiming that The Rolling Stones will still be on tour in 2010 on “The Steel Wheelchair Tour.” The same episode, by the way, sees characters communicate via snazzy electronic watches. Wherever might Apple have got their idea from…

Three-eyed fish In a 1990 episode, Bart catches a mutated, three-eyed fish in the local river – a nod to the pollutant effects of the town’s nuclear power plant. Over 20 years later, in 2011, a real-life fish – and practically a dead-ringer for its cartoon counterpart – was discovered in an Argentinian reservoir located near a nuclear facility.

Tigers fighting back In 1993, they lampooned magicians Siegfried and Roy in a set-piece that saw them mauled by their co-star tiger, only for it to happen for real in 2003. Definitely the most tragic of the Simpsons’ gags-turned-prophecies.

Rigged voting machines Their 2008 gag about rigged voting machines which counted votes for the Republican party even when citizens chose Obama seemed spookily dead-on when several people complained about the exact same problem in the 2012 election.

Giant mutated tomatoes Remember the giant addictive vegetables spawned on the family’s adopted farm in 1999 episode ‘E-I-E-I-(Annoyed Grunt)’ when Homer poisons his crops with tobacco? Yep, that too, has since happened in real life, with giant deformed tomatoes popping up around a nuclear plant in Japan.

Robotic librarians Another highlight from ‘Lisa’s Wedding’, here, as Lisa’s college librarian turns out to be an android (and one who violently bursts into flames, too). There haven’t been any blown circuit board disasters in Chicago yet but, in 2011, it was announced that the city’s new Joe and Rika Mansueto Library would have robotic librarians who’d helpfully retrieve books for you.

Bloody Autocorrect and the iPhone
Not only were The Simpsons lot au fair with the perils of Autocorrect long before it started infuriating smartphone users the world over, but a bunch of employees at Apple revealed that the one-off joke about keyboard functions helped motivate them to create the iPhone. The Simpsons writers called the device a ‘Newton’.

More here
www.nme.com...
edit on 15-6-2018 by SeaWorthy because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-6-2018 by SeaWorthy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Check out the Batman movie pre 911 and there's reference to 911 all thruout the film it was posted on a lengthy but interesting YouTube video I can't find it I believe it may have been posted on ATS as well!

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 12:02 PM
link   
a reply to: SeaWorthy

Whoa!! Thanks for that

A future thread, maybe?!

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 12:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: BeefNoMeat
a reply to: SeaWorthy

Whoa!! Thanks for that

A future thread, maybe?!

How about a contest to see who can find new ones.
I once saw a Simpson's where Bart was riding a train in New York, the showed a glance out the window and you see the twin towers burning in the precise places they did. I had walked in the room saw that and later could not find any reference to this one online but I had no way of knowing the date it was made and have never found it since.

Time machine? I was thinking more a looking glass with glimpses into the future maybe not even in our own but a parallel universe. As in project looking glass. We know how fond the .gov is of the whole Alice theme. www.auricmedia.net...

new topics

top topics

join