It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

That big wave of less-educated 2016 white Trump voters? It never happened!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 01:01 PM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

The Founding Fathers were'liberal' for their day, as well as the Republican Party in the 1860's.

What's your point? You're the one citing people from 100+ years ago into your tent like you own them. Entitled much?

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 01:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

You mean actual data like the mountain of data they have proving global warming that the gop rejects??

What about the data from trumps own IG that says the FBI and hillary Clinton did nothing illegal???

It is a fact that the vast majority of the smartest people in the planet are liberals..

Bill gates, elan ELON musk, Einstein, the mast majority of college professors, scholars and teachers..

The gop base is mainly comprised of blue collar people over 55 .. not the smartest demographic.. not the dumbest either.. but definitely the ones most likely to sit around watching Fox News and blaming people with no power or authority for their problems..

Your confusion is showing. There is a difference between climate change and Anthropogenic climate change. To be sure, climate changes all the time. Take Greenland. When it was settled by the Vikings, it was called Greenland. Not Snowland, Whiteland, Frozenland or other such. The world was warmer then. Then it got colder with the little ice age and now it's getting warmer again.
Your "fact" about liberals is only an opinion you have been taught to believe. I suspect it is self serving for you and many others. As to the liberals, what you are doing is confusing actual liberals with the insanity known as the politically correct Democratic party. Do not equate the two as they are not the same. This is why the DNC needs a complete reboot after booting out Billiary, OWhatshisname, Podesta, Brazile, Abedin, and the rest of the self serving clowns that hosed crazy Bernie out of any chance of running. We also need rid ourselves of Pelosi, Chuck the Dolt Schumer, Fauxcohontas, and a few more.
The party of the working man is no more. There is the party of the haves and the party of the gimmedats. We need centrists with sense that is lacking on both sides of the aisle, especially the Dems and their identity politics.

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 01:08 PM
link   
This is the article written by the Washington Post I am presenting:

www.washingtonpost.com...

That big wave of less-educated white voters? It never happened. By Ted Mellnik, John Muyskens, Kim Soffen and Scott Clement May 10, 2017

White working-class people were no more likely to vote in this presidential election than in the previous one. Trump’s victory was not due to a spike in turnout among his base supporters.

Thoughts?

It's interesting how people 'spin' this. All it says is white working-class people were no more likely to vote in this election then in any other. That seems reasonable.

And a reason for people, of all persuasions, to get out and vote.

As for low-IQ or more correctly low-information voters, that is on the individual. I can speculate but that's all it is.

In my words - "If you don't vote - you aren't allowed to complain."

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 01:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
This is just another attempt by the left to explain their loss in the last election.
And you gotta love the "less" educated tag they are trying to place on the voters.
Why don't they call it what it really is, voters that spent less time and money getting their education?

Yes it says that there was not a spike in voter turnout, just the usual amount of idiots.
Same thing to me.

First off, as a leftist, I am offended that you think Ms. Clinton is on the Left.

No one on the Left is trying to explain why they lost; nor are the neo-libs. It was the electoral college.

There is a lot of, after the fact, wrangling about a lot of stuff - but that is all internal neo-lib crap.

The problem of the electoral college cuts all ways. Should all 55 California electors be pledged to one candidate or should the State proportionally distribute the votes based on popular vote.

This is the problem that concerns Voting Integrity people. That and hacking and gerrymandering and .... All concerns for anyone involved in the Democratic process.

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 01:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jake56

That big wave of less-educated white voters? It never happened. By Ted Mellnik, John Muyskens, Kim Soffen and Scott Clement May 10, 2017

White working-class people were no more likely to vote in this presidential election than in the previous one. Trump’s victory was not due to a spike in turnout among his base supporters.

Thoughts?

"Low IQ" and "Less educated" are not the same thing. Also, on the whole, there are a lot fewer people with upper level college degrees (Masters' and above) than there are those with high school educations.

The majority of voters voted for Clinton. It was the electoral college that determined the Trump win.
edit on 15-6-2018 by Byrd because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 01:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: FyreByrd
First off, as a leftist, I am offended that you think Ms. Clinton is on the Left.

Compare her stance to Trump. She's liberal; hence, she's left.

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 01:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Byrd

I agree that that position is the 'common usage' which has to do with lack of political education.

Mr & Ms Clinton and Mr Obama were all definitional neo-liberals which has nothing to do with the Left.

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 02:13 PM
link   

I’m not a climate scienctist and neither are you.. we are just 2 slubs on the Internet lol..

We just get our information from YouTube videos..

They are trained scientists that work everyday in those specific fields...

There is no scenerio where they are all in some vast conspiracy to fake anything..

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Thoughts?

The majority of voters voted for Clinton. It was the electoral college that determined the Trump win.

Yes, because we live in a republic, not a pure democracy. Our brilliant forefathers created the Electoral College gave a voice to every state and to protect from mob rule. Only California and NY would decide the presidency in every election under the popular vote system. Every president would be a liberal and no doubt this country would have been destroyed long ago.

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 02:22 PM
link   
a reply to: FyreByrd

a reply to: FyreByrd

Well see the problem is that left and right do not have equal definitions..

Right/conservative means uphold the traditions of the past instead of embracing broad sweeping changes..

That is why any new idea must be couched in returning to some bygone era..

“Make America great AGAIN”

Left means the opposite, embrace broad sweeping change instead of upholding the traditions of the past..

There is a lot more wiggle room on the left than the right because all the right wants to uphold the same traditions.

On the left there is far more variation.

That dynamic allows them to propagandize their base into believing all of “the left” is one big group who wants the same things, because largely they are one big group who wants the same things..

That’s obviously an over simplification, but I think that is at the core of that particular narrative.

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 02:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Byrd

Trump when??

Trump before this past election season??

Or trump after??

Hillary has been one of the most conservative Democrats policy wise just like her husband.

Why do you think they constantly get to call her out for saying crappy stuff in the past??

Bill Clinton was a VERY conservative President. He doubled down on the war on drugs, allowed the safe and risky banks to merge,cut welfare and Medicare..

All conservative policies, pushed by republican that he broke party to make a deal with.

Aka all the bad stuff that has caused countless hardship since.

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 02:40 PM
link   

I’m not a climate scienctist and neither are you.. we are just 2 slubs on the Internet lol..

They are trained scientists that work everyday in those specific fields...

There is no scenerio where they are all in some vast conspiracy to fake anything..

So no high information for you today?

Too chez!

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 02:47 PM
link   
"I love the poorly educated" - Trump

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 03:49 PM
link   

we are just 2 slubs on the Internet lol..

Speak for yourself.

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 04:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
This is just another attempt by the left to explain their loss in the last election.
And you gotta love the "less" educated tag they are trying to place on the voters.
Why don't they call it what it really is, voters that spent less time and money getting their education?

Yes it says that there was not a spike in voter turnout, just the usual amount of idiots.
Same thing to me.

No one on the Left is trying to explain why they lost; nor are the neo-libs. It was the electoral college.

There is a lot of, after the fact, wrangling about a lot of stuff - but that is all internal neo-lib crap.

The problem of the electoral college cuts all ways. Should all 55 California electors be pledged to one candidate or should the State proportionally distribute the votes based on popular vote.

This is the problem that concerns Voting Integrity people. That and hacking and gerrymandering and .... All concerns for anyone involved in the Democratic process.
Actually plenty of us leftists have discussed the reasons for the loss. I have in here and in my life many times. It's just the DNC and complicit media won't discuss the real reasons. Hence Muh Russia, Nazis, sexism, etc.

And yes, Hillary and co are not leftists, they are center right wingers. ATS and American conservatives need to get this.

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 04:06 PM
link   

She's not left. She's a neo liberal and wall st shill on economics. On war a monger and neo imperialist. On prisons also right wing especially in the past.

Democrat means "left" only in the minds of basic Americans. For the politically and globally educated the policies are center or center right. Democrats would be a right wing party in Europe... There is, however, a small progressive wing in the party but they don't have the power and the DNC is actively undermining them in local elections, just like they did with Bernie.
edit on 15-6-2018 by Quetzalcoatl14 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Thoughts?

"Low IQ" and "Less educated" are not the same thing. Also, on the whole, there are a lot fewer people with upper level college degrees (Masters' and above) than there are those with high school educations.

So they are the "less educated?"

Is that what people are trying to say?

edit on 6 15 2018 by burgerbuddy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 06:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: RowanBean
"I love the poorly educated" - Trump

Someone has too, ya think?

Lord knows the left don't.

Unless you fall into one of their boxes, you are invisible to them after they pander for your vote.

This dumbass don't fall for that BS.

I think I'll apply for a air controller job, I hear it pays pretty good.

How hard can it be?

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 06:36 PM
link   
a reply to: burgerbuddy

How hard can it be?

That's what Trump said.

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 06:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: RowanBean
a reply to: burgerbuddy

How hard can it be?

That's what Trump said.

I don't think he qualifies, over educated.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join