It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump saluted a NK general

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 07:24 PM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Would you rather the U.S. not show respect towards N.K.? I mean, it's either be friendly to them or do what Clinton would do, attack them and put a puppet dictator in Little Kimmy's place.

On one hand you want peace in that region of the world, while on the other hand, you bash everything Trump is doing to bring that peace.

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 07:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler

originally posted by: ManFromEurope
He did WHAT?

Is this acceptable?

Really?

He RETURNED a salute. Really. Big Deal.

They would complain it was an insult if he didn't.

Go figure.

Besides isn't it a military thing to salute your enemy counterpart?

Historically?

I've seen Bridge over the River Kwai 3 times.

lol

edit on 6 15 2018 by burgerbuddy because: (no reason given)

edit on 6 15 2018 by burgerbuddy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 07:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Wardaddy454

I thought respect was earned.

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 08:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

It's obvious ATS knows nothing about diplomatic protocol.

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 08:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

It's obvious ATS knows nothing about diplomatic protocol.

So you think little Kim has earnt the respect he is being given eh....Okeydokey.

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 08:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Aegeus

You really these gestures will bring peace to Korea eh, must be nice living in your fantasy world.

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 08:59 PM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Part of the reason this whole situation is a problem is he was never given any respect from day one. He was judged and treated with disrepect from the moment he got his position as ruler. You expect him to respect us with us never even having giving him a chance and disrespecting him from day one of his regime.

Sometimes you need to wipe the slate clean, extend an olive branch and start over realizing there's been mistakes on all sides.

Why is it he has to earn our respect but we are not required to do a damn thing to earn his and never even tried?

Let's just try and worse that happens we're back where we started. No reason to stubbornly cling to bully tactics that never worked without trying something else first.

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 09:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Puppylove

Have you ever heard the expression "respect must be earned?"

What has Kim done to earn the respect of anyone in any free country? (Especially Donald Trump?) One thing?

Oh. He has nuclear tipped ICBMs now. I guess that qualifies.

edit on 6/15/2018 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 09:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Earning respect goes both ways. What have we done to earn any from him? The moment he got his position we never even gave him a chance. We judged him by the actions of his forefathers, kept all sanctions, and made no effort to enter a new relationship with him to see if we could help him better things in North Korea. Instead we simply treated him the same, offered no help, and left him with no support but the advisors and dignitaries of the old regime.

Now if we had removed all sanctions when he took power, approached him as his own person, offered a helping hand and seen what we could do to help him get his regime off to a good start and giving him a chance. Then you'd have a point.

And don't say he shoulda just bent over backwards for a bunch of countries bullying him with sanctions to try and earn our respect cause no one responds well to bullying. Why should he try to earn the respect of people not even giving him a real chance?

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 09:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid

To be fair the conservatives went ape# when Obama bowed to someone.

Oh yes. I'm well aware. It's just silly. Let's find fault with the guy/girl with whom we don't agree.

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 09:11 PM
link   

And don't say he shoulda just bent over backwards for a bunch of countries bullying him with sanctions to try and earn our respect cause no one responds well to bullying.

Tell that to Trump.

Sanctions are not "bullying" and you may want to review Un's history since he took power.

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 09:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Seeing as sanctions typically do more to harm the citizens of any country than they do the person who's actually the problem, you're right they aren't bullying they're just a cruel inhuman solution to a problem much like wars are.

Sanctions, War, all things where the citizens suffer and die for the disagreements of their leaders. The only way sanctions can really work is to drive the citizenry to topple the regime by pushing them to such extreme depravity where they have no choice. That's of course assuming they even can.

Look at Kim's fat ass, it's certainly not him being hurt by the sanctions. Only thing sanctions hurt is his pride.

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 09:54 PM
link   

I'm not at all sure sanctions have much of an effect on the leadership of the nations at which they are directed but I do understand the reasoning. It's negative reinforcement (and please don't use the misused use of the term, negative reinforcement is not punishment). Behave badly and you don't get stuff, behave well and you get stuff. Stop treating your citizens like dirt, and we will make beautiful trade deals with you.

In this case, Kim has everything he wants. Mostly power, all the food he wants is a perk.

edit on 6/15/2018 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 10:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

I'm not at all sure sanctions have much of an effect on the leadership of the nations at which they are directed but I do understand the reasoning. It's negative reinforcement (and please don't use the misused use of the term, negative reinforcement is not punishment). Behave badly and you don't get stuff, behave well and you get stuff. Stop treating your citizens like dirt, and we will make beautiful trade deals with you.

In this case, Kim has everything he wants. Mostly power, all the food he wants is a perk.

Sanctions have a huge effect on his ability to maintain power. Kim Jong-il uses perks and rewards to co-opt military and political elites. Members of this class receive more and better food, in addition to the most desirable jobs working for the regime. During the famine, the core class is protected, so that the famine's devastation was concentrated on the people deemed least loyal.

But now with new sanctions he had a problem he doesnt have those perks to hand out to the elites. The latest round of sanctions closed many backdoors he used to get supplies into NOKO. For example millions were being smuggled in from a british insurance company working with Kim the british has froze those accounts.

Heres the key even China has realized continued sanctuons will cause the fall of the regime. Problem is thats the last thing anyone wants from the US to China to South Korea all agree if the regime collapses it would be bad. Imagine the devastation caused as the entire system collapses with nothing to replace it. Millions would die not to mention the fact they would have access to nukes. Believe it or not some of the mitary want to restart the Korean war and believe they could win.

So the key was hurt the regime and give them a way out before the collapse this is what we are seeing right now. By the way it has become impossible for him to to stop the flood of outside news. The south koreans are secretly sneaking news and movies into the country and realize how far advanced the rest of the world is. They want their piece of the pie too.
edit on 6/15/18 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2018 @ 12:08 AM
link   
Obviously it was just instinctive. He isn't a politician by trade.. he will muff that sort of thing a lot. Nothing intended there I think.

posted on Jun, 16 2018 @ 12:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: fleabit
Obviously it was just instinctive. He isn't a politician by trade.. he will muff that sort of thing a lot. Nothing intended there I think.

Trumps the head of the armed forces, this is more than just a political issue.

posted on Jun, 16 2018 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Trump's new best bud is keeping up his country's cyberattacks.

www.engadget.com...

posted on Jun, 16 2018 @ 01:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: crtrvt
Trump's new best bud is keeping up his country's cyberattacks.

www.engadget.com...

Typeframe has been out a while now its a computer virus that was distributed in Hong kong. What it does is its a key logger and sends information back to north korean server. Wasnt very good however as it was caught quickly. I think partly because i suspect all teafic comming in and out of NOKO are monitored.

Though i do love their hacker name "Hidden Cobra” now according to the U.S. government they are compromising computer systems in 15 countries. I know China is on that list since they issued a warning. Here comes the fun milw0rm is Chinese hackers now they get to retaliate.

US hackers are called TAO "Tailored Access Operations" based out of ft meade. They are thr ones that wrote the stuxnet virus. Every country has hacker groups and many are state funded.

posted on Jun, 17 2018 @ 05:34 AM
link   
a reply to: ManFromEurope

Should he have groped the general crotch instead..?

Why wasn't there any outrage when Obama Bowed down to a Saudi prince? The Saudis are just as bad (if not worse), than the NK's as far as human rights abuses go..

Or is it just bad when a republican does it..?
edit on 17-6-2018 by Ironclad3000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2018 @ 12:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: IkNOwSTuff
I KNEW IT!!!!

Trump just proved himself to be a North Korean plant, I bet he’s already given little Kim the nuclear codes.

You know one day Trump will actually do something genuinely bad and the 80-90% of the population not suffering from TDS will be so desensitised to your constant cries of Wolf that it will go unnoticed.

Y’all need to take a break, go outside get some fresh air. Forget about Trump for a day or 2

But then they wouldn't get paid for their time off.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join