It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How does the IG report affect Mueller investgation?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 08:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: GuidedKill
a reply to: Allaroundyou

No doubt everyone is bias, including myself. To be honest I'm really bias to people who cry at the top of their lung cause their team lost.

I'm just here for the saltines.

Now there's a great idea, liberal tears as a recycled salt source for crackers lol

Cheers - Dave

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 08:54 PM
link   
a reply to: GuidedKill

This IG report hints at more to come in the IG report in regards to the Russia investigation.

Example:

As we describe in Chapter Twelve of our report, most of the text messages raising such questions pertained to the Russia investigation, which was not a part of this review. Nonetheless, the suggestion in certain Russiarelated text messages in August 2016 that Strzok might be willing to take official action to impact presidential candidate Trump’s electoral prospects caused us to question the earlier Midyear investigative decisions in which Strzok was involved, and whether he took specific actions in the Midyear investigation based on his political views.

Page 4

Moreover, given the FBI’s extensive resources, the fact that Strzok and several other FBI members of the Midyear team had been assigned to the Russia investigation, which was extremely active during this September and October time period, was not an excuse for failing to take any action during this time period on the Weiner laptop.

Page 10 - Strzok was neglecting the Clinton investigation to go after Trump

In assessing the decision to prioritize the Russia investigation over following up on the Midyear-related investigative lead discovered on the Weiner laptop, we were particularly concerned about text messages sent by Strzok and Page that potentially indicated or created the appearance that investigative decisions they made were impacted by bias or improper considerations. Most of the text messages raising such questions pertained to the Russia investigation, and the implication in some of these text messages, particularly Strzok’s August 8 text message (“we’ll stop” candidate Trump from being elected), was that Strzok might be willing to take official action to impact a presidential candidate’s electoral prospects. Under these circumstances, we did not have confidence that Strzok’s decision to prioritize the Russia investigation over following up on the Midyear-related investigative lead discovered on the Weiner laptop was free from bias.

We were deeply troubled by text messages exchanged between Strzok and Page that potentially indicated or created the appearance that investigative decisions were impacted by bias or improper considerations. Most of the text messages raising such questions pertained to the Russia investigation, which was not a part of this review. Nonetheless, when one senior FBI official, Strzok, who was helping to lead the Russia investigation at the time, conveys in a text message to
another senior FBI official, Page, “No. No he won’t.
We’ll stop it” in response to her question “[Trump’s] not
ever going to become president, right? Right?!”, it is
not only indicative of a biased state of mind but, even
more seriously, implies a willingness to take official
action to impact the presidential candidate’s electoral
prospects. This is antithetical to the core values of the
FBI and the Department of Justice.

Page 12

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Too bad trump told Lester Holt, the Russian spies that he invited into the oval office and every American with a tv that he fired Comey because of the RUSHER THING.
It really doesn't matter what the IG reported because that's just a condemnation of James Comey but it does not address why he was fired at all. And we all know why he was fired because the president of the United States told us why he fired him.

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Actually, most of the same FBI personnel who left Clinton off the hook were going after Trump full-force, while neglecting the Clinton case:

Page said she believed the September 28 text message from Strzok was the first time she heard about the emails on the Weiner laptop and told us that she knew little information about it. Page explained that she was “not really that involved” in “most of the October stuff.” Page stated her lack of involvement was due in part to the FBI’s Russia investigation. Page explained that the many of the supervisors on the Midyear team were also assigned to the Russia investigation and they were “super-occupied” with the Russia investigation during October. Page stated that most of her information about the Weiner laptop came from either Strzok or FBI Attorney 1.

Page 309

told us that the Weiner laptop was not his top priority at this time due to his involvement in the Russia investigation. Priestap explained:
[I]f you’re wondering, you know, hey, this is a really big deal, and why
aren’t you asking about it every, every minute of every day type thing,
whatever, it was the, we went from this thing to the Russia thing. And
the Russia thing took them as much as my time as this thing before.
And I don’t want to say distracted, but yeah. My focus wasn’t on
Midyear anymore, even with this new, yes, we’ve got to review it.

Page 326

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 09:04 PM
link   
And THIS is important:

We were surprised to learn that FBI leadership decided to assign many of the key members of the Midyear team, immediately after determining that no charges should be brought against then candidate Clinton, to the Russia investigation, which touched upon the campaign of then candidate Trump. This is particularly so given the questions being raised by candidate Trump and his supporters regarding the declination decision in the Midyear investigation. While we recognize that staffing decisions are for management to make, we question the judgment of assigning agents who had just determined that one candidate running in an election should not be prosecuted to an investigation that relates to the campaign of the other candidate in the election. The appearance problems created by such a staffing decision were exacerbated here due to the text messages expressing political opinions that we discuss later in this report. Surely, the FBI’s Counterintelligence Division had talented agents who were not involved in the Midyear investigation who could have fully staffed the Russia investigation.
Nevertheless, from an institutional perspective, we found this explanation
unpersuasive and concerning. Strzok and the other Midyear personnel reassigned
to the Russia investigation were not the only agents in the FBI. Had the FBI
considered the Weiner laptop significant, additional personnel could have been
assigned to handle it. Moreover, not all of the Midyear personnel were assigned to
Russia. This was a staffing choice, not an excuse for inaction.

Read that a few times. Let it sink in.

edit on 6/14/18 by BlueAjah because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Now let this sink in again:

In assessing the decision to prioritize the Russia investigation over following up on the Midyear-related investigative lead discovered on the Weiner laptop, we considered the text messages that Strzok exchanged with Page expressing hostility for then candidate Trump and preference for a Clinton victory. We were particularly concerned about text messages sent by Strzok and Page that potentially indicated or created the appearance that investigative decisions they made were impacted by bias or improper considerations. Most of the text messages raising such questions pertained to the Russia investigation, and the implication in some of these text messages, particularly Strzok’s August 8 text message (“we’ll stop” candidate Trump from being elected), was that Strzok might be willing to take official action to impact a presidential candidate’s electoral prospects. Under these circumstances, we did not have confidence that Strzok’s decision to prioritize the Russia investigation over following up on the Midyear-related investigative lead discovered on the Weiner laptop was free from bias.

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 09:08 PM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

So what are you doing tonight to celebrate?

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 09:25 PM
link   

You wish.

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 09:28 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

That dream document? Hey what happened to the IG report you were so hot about honey?
Let me offer my condolences on the death of your dreams.

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 09:32 PM
link   
a reply to: burntheships

He was let go as soon as Mueller found out about the emails.
Very very early on.
Your savior Horowitz didn't come through.

Just like I said.

LAST WEEK!!!

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 09:33 PM
link   
HOLY COW

The third exchange we identified was on November 22, 2016. FBI Attorney 2 sent an instant message to FBI Attorney 1 commenting on the amount of money the subject of an FBI investigation had been paid while working on the Trump campaign. FBI Attorney 1 responded, “Is it making you rethink your commitment to the Trump administration?” FBI Attorney 2 replied, “Hell no.” and then added, “Viva le resistance.”

Page 448

We asked FBI Attorney 2 if “Viva le resistance” signaled he was going to fight back against President Trump. FBI Attorney 2 responded:

That’s not what I was doing.... I just, again, like that, that’s just like
the entire, it’s just my political view in terms of, of my preference. It
wasn’t something along the lines of, you know, we’re taking certain
actions in order to, you know, combat that or, or do anything like that.
Like that, that was not the intent of that.

yeah... sure

obviously Strzok and Page

edit on 6/14/18 by BlueAjah because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 09:42 PM
link   

The dossier is real and no one made up anything.
And this is not over for trump and this doesn't effect the Mueller investigation in the slightest.
Did I not tell you guys the report wasn't going to say what you hoped it would?
Did you all tell me I was wrong?
Sure.
Who was wrong?
Oh yeah you guys were.

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 09:45 PM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

They so conveniently forget that this is why the special counsel was appointed.
Trump fired Comey to take the pressure off. He fired him because of the RUSHER THING.

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 09:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

Still repeating that falsehood?
So, Comey is the only one working at the FBI? Firing him would have nothing to do with taking the pressure off of anyone.
The Democrats hated Comey and wanted him fired, until he was fired.

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 09:49 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

Yeah right. Until this afternoon this was supposedly ALL about hillary , her emails and a jail cell so let's not pretend now that it wasnt.

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 09:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: burntheships

He was let go as soon as Mueller found out about the emails.
Very very early on.
Your savior Horowitz didn't come through.

Just like I said.

LAST WEEK!!!

Strzok was fired because his texts were made public. If Mueller was such a good investigator, he likely already knew that Strzok hated Trump. He had no choice but to let him go after his Trump-hate was public.

This does not change that fact that super-biased Strzok was intricately involved with starting the Russia thing in the first place. And that he was also involved with letting Clinton off the hook in the email case.

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 09:50 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

No one is forgetting the negligence of not swapping servers.. Hillary agreed it was negligent.

The question was “should she have been prosecuted and did the FBI cover up for her”, to which the TRUMP LED DOJ just exclaimed a resounding “NO.”

This just ended ANY chance of hillary Clinton being prosecuted for the email situation. Bought and paid for by Donald trumps DOJ.

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 09:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

It still is. This IG report shows how the FBI screwed up in this case in soooo many ways. There are people referred by the IG for further investigation. Clinton's troubles are not over yet.

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 09:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

The dossier is real and no one made up anything.
And this is not over for trump and this doesn't effect the Mueller investigation in the slightest.
Did I not tell you guys the report wasn't going to say what you hoped it would?
Did you all tell me I was wrong?
Sure.
Who was wrong?
Oh yeah you guys were.

Wait you are saying the dossier is real, and accurate? As in 100 percent? Nothing was false. Nothing was made up? Do you have a link so i can read that myself?

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 09:52 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

No it didn't clear Hillary of a crime.
The FBI investigation which ended in July of 2016 already did that.
This just confirmed the FBI acted as it should have in that regard.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join