It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Trumpian Attribution Error Explains the Press' Mental Hand Waves

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 08:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope
See? You can watch The Trumpian Attribution Error in real time.

I can watch the Trump worship in real time here on ATS.

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Thus, we conclude that a man is speeding through traffic because he is a maniac, when perhaps he is a loving husband racing to witness the birth of his first born child. 

There is no fundamental attribution error in this example; even a loving father can be a maniac ... only a maniac would put countless people on the road in danger by speeding through traffic just because he thinks his own issues in life are more important than other peoples safety.

And than perhaps that's where Trump finds himself; he's a hot headed maniac who thinks his issues are most important and so it justifies putting everyone else in danger...and so people are calling him out for it ... no FAE required.

The only redemption Trump may have is that his issues ARE more important than other peoples safety and well being and if so his hot headed maniac personality will be justified... we wont know if this is true for a while so until then you and he will just have to put with with the ill treatment.
edit on 14-6-2018 by DanDanDat because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 08:48 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

LOL! From all the usual people. Its pitiful.

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 08:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: strongfp
a reply to: carewemust

With a "small" loan of a million dollars and a silver spoon in his mouth force feeding him opportunities left right and center.

Compare him to a humble person like Bill gates, Henry Ford, Rockefeller. His legacy is nothing compared to them, even if he is the current POTUS, his personal business was real estate, which failed half the time. He will be added to the list of presidents, from here on out, while Bill gates and Henry Ford, etc will be remembered for their contribution to humanity.

OK. Are you going to go with Gates, Rockefeller and Ford as your standards for rich people contributing to humanity?

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 08:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: c2oden

With a "small" loan of a million dollars and a silver spoon in his mouth force feeding him opportunities left right and center.

Compare him to a humble person like Bill gates, Henry Ford, Rockefeller. His legacy is nothing compared to them, even if he is the current POTUS, his personal business was real estate, which failed half the time. He will be added to the list of presidents, from here on out, while Bill gates and Henry Ford, etc will be remembered for their contribution to humanity.

OK. Are you going to go with Gates, Rockefeller and Ford as your standards for rich people contributing to humanity?

Don't we have Windows, username c2oden?

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 08:53 PM
link   
a reply to: c2oden

Rich people contributing to humanity?

I'm sorry, but all those people I mentioned started off with humble beginnings or literally nothing.

Trump was born into wealth, Ford, Gates, and Rockefeller did not, if anything they grew up in middle class. That's what I was getting at. People think Trump is the 'American dream', yea right, he was settup for success.

But, I guess at the end of the day he is POTUS; nothing more.

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 09:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: DanDanDat

Thus, we conclude that a man is speeding through traffic because he is a maniac, when perhaps he is a loving husband racing to witness the birth of his first born child. 

There is no fundamental attribution error in this example; even a loving father can be a maniac ... only a maniac would put countless people on the road in danger by speeding through traffic just because he thinks his own issues in life are more important than other peoples safety.

And than perhaps that's where Trump finds himself; he's a hot headed maniac who thinks his issues are most important and so it justifies putting everyone else in danger...and so people are calling him out for it ... no FAE required.

The only redemption Trump may have is that his issues ARE more important than other peoples safety and well being and if so his hot headed maniac personality will be justified... we wont know if this is true for a while so until then you and he will just have to put with with the ill treatment.

That’s a safe point. Until it is all over, we won’t know whether his administration had a net negative or positive effect. I wish we could say the same about the media.

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 09:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

originally posted by: DanDanDat

That’s a safe point. Until it is all over, we won’t know whether his administration had a net negative or positive effect. I wish we could say the same about the media.

Me too

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Rich people contributing to humanity?

I'm sorry, but all those people I mentioned started off with humble beginnings or literally nothing.

Trump was born into wealth, Ford, Gates, and Rockefeller did not, if anything they grew up in middle class. That's what I was getting at. People think Trump is the 'American dream', yea right, he was settup for success.

But, I guess at the end of the day he is POTUS; nothing more.

Yes.
He is The President Of The United States Of America.
Not a politician.
You didn't think he could win.

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 09:15 PM
link   

So was Hitler. You don't have to be successful in order to be respected and just because you're successful doesn't mean you deserve respect, that is the most nonsensical argument I've ever heard. Lots of scumbags have gotten rich and successful off of screwing people over.

edit on 6/14/2018 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 09:20 PM
link   

No, I knew he would win. In fact I bet a lobster dinner with my entire family and won. Stop assuming.

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 09:39 PM
link   

No, I knew he would win. In fact I bet a lobster dinner with my entire family and won. Stop assuming.

Your entire family thought Hillary would win?

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 08:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: okrian

originally posted by: carewemust
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

Trump was more successful by age 30 than all the whiners will ever be...even if they live to age 100. It is safe to view them, as nothing more than empty distractors.

If we could all only do nothing except be born to a rich ahole, and then be given the equivalent of ~7+ million (by today's measurement) by our father...

And yet still blow it repeatedly in a business capacity, have terribly tacky taste, cheat on wives repeatedly (although admittedly that happened after he was 30), admit to buying off politicians, engage in tons of shady business deals, develop an attitude and an ego that represents the worst in what Americans can become... eh, I'll pass on success. I'd rather be much poorer and be able to sleep knowing that I'm a decent person, both on paper and in my own head.

you forgot that he decided to run for President of the United States of America and won. I know, what an ass.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join