It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

‘Interested In A Job At The White House?’ Desperate Staff Recruits At Job Fair

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 06:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
a reply to: introvert

Damn, I hadn't even thought of that, but you're right. This has a net effect of reducing the bloat in government, so I'm a bit irked they're advertising the job fair so much. Starve the beast from the feet up, ya?

When I was in college, money was an afterthought. Women, experiences, and entertainment were my focal points. I don't doubt all 3 are plentiful in DC.

I'm not sure it reduces the "bloat". I think it just shifts more responsibility on to others, creating an even more toxic environment and increasing turnover. High turnover increases costs.

So it may be having the opposite affect that what you think.

Looks like Kelly will be leaving soon....

www.usatoday.com...

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 06:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
Trump can't even find enough people to fill important cabinet positions.

fivethirtyeight.com...

Check the links I posted above and see that that absolutely is a growing problem which has become more serious with the past few presidencies. It's not a partisan issue, but it doesn't seem like anyone knows exactly why it's become the norm.

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 06:35 PM
link   

No me. Pay is bad, the hours are worse and there are far too many other opportunities to make your fortune elsewhere.

That's the obvious elephant in the room, isn't it?

This isn't about not being able to fill some well paying unskilled labour position... Its about trying to convince highly skilled young individuals that the 'cause' is worth taking a position where they will be totally under paid and over worked.

Unlike previous administrations, the Trump administration seems to lack the ability to inspire people to work harder for less money.

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 06:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
Trump can't even find enough people to fill important cabinet positions.

fivethirtyeight.com...

Check the links I posted above and see that that absolutely is a growing problem which has become more serious with the past few presidencies. It's not a partisan issue, but it doesn't seem like anyone knows exactly why it's become the norm.

My opinion is that is it becoming a "norm" at the upper levels because those positions are incredibly unstable and at the whim of outrage, from many sources.

You are just one mistake away from being publicly strung through a ringer, become a top news story, trending twitter topic, etc, etc.

That goes for both sides of the spectrum. The Right is just as prone to outrage and dramatics as the Left and all it takes is one misstep to become the focus of that outrage.

Hell, I will say the Right is a bit worse. Because you could even become the focus of unfounded and inappropriate conspiracy theories.

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Hell, I will say the Right is a bit worse. Because you could even become the focus of unfounded and inappropriate conspiracy theories.

OK, we're having a friendly chat so I'll just say I got a major horse laugh out of that and leave it be.

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 07:12 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

We're still having a friendly conversation.

You have to admit, the Right is prone to accusing people of some wild stuff, just because of politics.

Pizza anyone?

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 07:23 PM
link   

You have to admit, the Right is prone to accusing people of some wild stuff, just because of politics.

I see as much of it from the left. It really doesn't get much more egregious than trying to tie immigration policy enforcement to Hitler, a perfectly normal dad/daughter photo of him with his Ivanka to incest, a simple election upset to collusion with Russia, The Vast Right-Wing Conspiracy™, voter rigging to make sure Hillary beat Sanders, etc. I get it, the birther thing was a ripper, but "Bush did 911" points in it's direction while laughing.
edit on 14-6-2018 by burdman30ott6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 07:25 PM
link   

I see as much of it from the left. It really doesn't get much more egregious than trying to tie immigration policy enforcement to Hitler, a perfectly normal dad/daughter photo of him with his Ivanka to incest, a simple election upset to collusion with Russia, The Vast Right-Wing Conspiracy™, voter rigging to make sure Hillary beat Sanders, etc. I get it, the birther thing was a ripper, but "Bush did 911" points in it's direction while laughing.

ouch that is a lot more than just cheese pizza....lets call it a supreme!!!

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 09:09 PM
link   

I see as much of it from the left. It really doesn't get much more egregious than trying to tie immigration policy enforcement to Hitler

Invoking Godwin's Law is common and not near close to the accusations made in the Pizza/"Q" issue.

a perfectly normal dad/daughter photo of him with his Ivanka to incest

That "theory" had a lot more context to it, like comments Trump had made, but I agree it was wrong. Still not comparable.

a simple election upset to collusion with Russia

Ya. Come to find out there was some bite to that accusation. Not clear-cut collusion, but not completely fabricated either. Not comparable either.

The Vast Right-Wing Conspiracy™

Which one? There are/were many.

If you are referring the term going back to the 90's and used again by Hillary in the last election, I would have to say her comments were correct. It's no longer a conspiracy. It is/was out in the open for all to see.

Again, not comparable.

voter rigging to make sure Hillary beat Sanders

Sure. Still not comparable.

I get it, the birther thing was a ripper, but "Bush did 911" points in it's direction while laughing.

Yes, it was a ripper, but still not comparable.

Perhaps it's just me, but I put the accusations of pedophilia and such on it's own level of disgusting and completely wrong. You just don't throw those things around, like a comment about the election being rigged or Trump's team having connections to Russia, which turned out to be true.

But that's just me. That is some serious # and I would not throw that around at people, just because of politics. The stuff you mentioned may be wrong and a bit weird, but not near the same level of pathetic and disgusting as what I mentioned.

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Ah... I see where you're going here. Let's clear the air a bit, the Q nonsense is just that, nonsense. There is a discrete handful of brainwashed idiots out there who have latched onto this obvious trolling effort as the gospel, but the average "right winger" has no freaking clue what it is or what's being theorized by these morons. They're as representative of the average conservative voter as the braindead little SJWs are representative of the average traditional Democrat voter.

If you're talking Q, then the "Bush did 911," "Reptilian overlords," "Hollow Earth," Wallmarts are being converted to FEMA camps," "HAARP can cause Earthquakes," "Flat Earth," "Pizzagate," "crisis actors at school shootings, etc are all on par. It's dummies doing what they do, falling for ridiculous bullsnip so they can feel like they're finally part of something big, diggin' out the "truth," actually smipping a few past the goalie. Please, you're not going to find someone further right wing than myself on here and I'm telling you this, that garbage isn't "right wing politics" anymore than the ANTIFAP children are figureheads for America's "Left Wing politics." They're statistical outliers who only matter within the confines of their own skulls.

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Fair enough and quite reasonable.

I suppose the logical movement forward is for both of us, and people like us, to be more vocal with people on "our side" when they go to such extremes.

I do not support much of what the "Left" in this country has to offer, yet I seem to be labeled alongside them. It appears you may be in a similar boat.

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Well hey, at least you didn't post and run like your usual operating procedure.

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 11:20 PM
link   

What Jimmy Dore has done is stick to only attacking people in his party.

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 12:08 AM
link   
Seems to me that logic would say that the White House is a victim of Trump's success at bringing down the unemployment figures. Lots of people are having problems hiring people with any level of competence or reliability.

It also does seem a good way to reduce the bloat. Our governor, another non-politician businessman, promised to reduce the state's payroll three years ago. He's keeping that promise. The last time I heard a report he'd cut it by 13% if my memory is correct. Lots of folks who used to have executive assistants to fetch and carry for them now must get their own coffee. Despite the wailing and gnashing of teeth by the Democrats, nobody has missed those people who have retired or moved on and not been replaced.

Any government office job is a toxic, cut-throat environment. The power-seekers make it so.

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 06:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Southern Guardian

I love the smell of desperation in the morning!

It smells like.......victory.

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 07:15 AM
link   
It's not hard to understand why. I support Trump. I'm college educated. I wouldn't touch a job associated with Trump because frothed mouth leftists and the media would be in your shorts denigrating you and your family 24/7.

So congrats on that.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join