It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

‘Interested In A Job At The White House?’ Desperate Staff Recruits At Job Fair

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 04:46 PM
link   
That would mean telling the .gov your name and that stuff outright.

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 04:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Southern Guardian

This is becoming a normal thing for you, but YOU FAIL!
www.cnn.com...
www.politico.com...
Want a job in the Obama WH? Be a Wealthy Donor
www.propublica.org...
www.govexec.com...
www.charismanews.com...
www.huffingtonpost.com...
www.theguardian.com...
presidentialtransition.org...

In other words, this is normal, despite all the dreams, prayers, hopes, and wants of the whining masses... the White House in modern times has a high turnover rate and difficulty filling positions. Obama dealt with it... in fact, in many cases he dealt with it by filling the positions with whomever had donated the most campaign money to him. Trump isn't doing that, so logic would indicate most folks would be applauding that. But no, you work from a different place... where logic and common sense take the seats in the back of the bus being driven by emotional hyperbole and horsesnip. S'OK, we get it.
*pats head*

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 05:04 PM
link   
I sure the hell wouldn't want to work at the White House. No matter what party was in there. I would rather shovel cow manure on a farm, lots less bull sh** in a barn.

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 05:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: seaswine
a reply to: introvert

The jobs aren't decent paying in a paycheck sense. What makes it a good gig are the benefits. Especially so if you have a wife and kids to utilize said perks. Healthcare, vision, dental etc...

So in other words... the people who are actually qualified for these positions, can easily find jobs else where, with better pay and the same benefits... Without having theirs reputation dragged though the mud.

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 05:15 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

From what I understand, they are having issues filling many positions that are not appointed or exec-level positions. The sources you provided discuss appointees and exec-level positions.

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 05:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Southern Guardian

of every experience level

Lawyers get special consideration.
Must be willing to pledge loyalty AND lie when required to.

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 05:26 PM
link   

The last link I put up dips a bit into that. Fact of the matter is the lowest levels of WH staff are usually filled via a quid-pro-quo process in which top level donors recommend young people to the WH to fill various roles. The only part of this administration's staff process which makes it different from past admins is the fact that Trump entered from outside politics, which limited his associate pool to call on for job recommendations within DC and he's not playing the quid-pro-quo game... amazingly, over past POTUSes and politicians in general, one of the public's primary complaints has been the incestuous, one hand washes the other, nature of DC. So what happens when we get a POTUS who doesn't play that game? "Oh, look at the bumbling moron who nobody wants to work for" echos around the bathroom-like chamber the asses sit upon their thrones in.

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Lol

From all of the threads we've seen today with the following contents:

- deflection
- diversion
- fear
- shame
- guilty

this is by far the worst.

I feel like my IQ just vanished

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 05:32 PM
link   
I'm sure there are plenty of north Koreans keen to work at the white house. Maga...!

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 05:34 PM
link   

I think there is some truth to that. There is a lot of back-scratching that takes place in DC and the city does seem to be run off the backs of the young interns and such.

That being said, the reason I brought that up is because I think it is a bit of a false equivalence to compare this situation to that of Obama. Obama had issues with appointees and exec-level positions, who's fate rested in the hands of others to be confirmed.

This seems a bit different. You do not hold a White House job fair for exec-level positions and appointees.

Perhaps the job market/employment rates have a bit to do with that, but it could also be in part due to the WH and such being very toxic environment that many people simply do not want to be part of.

This is not the first time this issue has come up, in regards to the work environment at the WH.

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 05:37 PM
link   
John Kelly recently described the WH as "a miserable place to work".

www.aol.com...

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Yeah fifty percent turn over rate is normal.
At McDonald's.

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 05:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

How 'bout we both apply for jobs there then?

Or you gonna tell me you don't want to change America?

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 05:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: GuidedKill

originally posted by: Southern Guardian
a reply to: Edumakated

Are you interested in jumping aboard Edumakated? I'm sure the Don could use your cheerleading skills. You've been a solid performance so far.

I would work for any President....It is a hell of an opportunity no matter who is sitting President. Even the worst employee of the worst president seems to land a cushy job at the end...

Win win...
Absolutely true. You can go anywhere from there. DC connections in politics are the highest level for future opportunities, even more than business and NYC, on average. Source- I work with former White House and DC politicos. They seem to get # handed to them left and right.

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 05:47 PM
link   

The toxic environment issue is definitely possible, too. That said, who in their right mind would lay all of that blame on the administration, itself? Obviously there are mistakes they've made, goes without saying... but the uphill slog against social activist hatred and retaliation young people would have to deal with just for accepting a job there is a major problem. We've seen too many examples of entertainment and media elites threatening lesser peers over visits to the Trump WH, involvement in Trump WH initiatives, hell, even not mocking Trump enough in stand up acts. If I was a college age kid I'd apply and work there in a heartbeat... but I've never been one to give a rat's ass about the opinions of anyone else, so there's that.

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 05:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

Yeah fifty percent turn over rate is normal.
At McDonald's.

You still flippin' burgers?

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 05:57 PM
link   

The toxic environment issue is definitely possible, too. That said, who in their right mind would lay all of that blame on the administration, itself?

I don't think it's the administration's fault, exclusively. Poor management is just one aspect of an overall picture.

Obviously there are mistakes they've made, goes without saying... but the uphill slog against social activist hatred and retaliation young people would have to deal with just for accepting a job there is a major problem. We've seen too many examples of entertainment and media elites threatening lesser peers over visits to the Trump WH, involvement in Trump WH initiatives, hell, even not mocking Trump enough in stand up acts.

There is some truth to that. On the other hand, you do not create an inviting situation when the mantra of the Right has been for decades that government workers/public servants are just career moochers that leach off of the government tit and do not hold any value to the "conservative" America they envision.

As of now, DC is Republican-controlled and I can see why those that are looking to begin their careers in public service may be reluctant to take jobs. The Republicans are not, at least in their speech, kind to those sorts of people.

They consider them part of the problem. It's no wonder they cannot find many people to be part of their "solution".

If I was a college age kid I'd apply and work there in a heartbeat... but I've never been one to give a rat's ass about the opinions of anyone else, so there's that.

Not me. Pay is bad, the hours are worse and there are far too many other opportunities to make your fortune elsewhere.
edit on 14-6-2018 by introvert because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Damn, I hadn't even thought of that, but you're right. This has a net effect of reducing the bloat in government, so I'm a bit irked they're advertising the job fair so much. Starve the beast from the feet up, ya?

When I was in college, money was an afterthought. Women, experiences, and entertainment were my focal points. I don't doubt all 3 are plentiful in DC.

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Trump can't even find enough people to fill important cabinet positions.

fivethirtyeight.com...

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 06:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

Damn, I hadn't even thought of that, but you're right. This has a net effect of reducing the bloat in government, so I'm a bit irked they're advertising the job fair so much. Starve the beast from the feet up, ya?

When I was in college, money was an afterthought. Women, experiences, and entertainment were my focal points. I don't doubt all 3 are plentiful in DC.

I'm not sure it reduces the "bloat". I think it just shifts more responsibility on to others, creating an even more toxic environment and increasing turnover. High turnover increases costs.

So it may be having the opposite affect that what you think.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join