It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

‘Interested In A Job At The White House?’ Desperate Staff Recruits At Job Fair

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Oh I'm sure there'd be a lot of takers on this forum alone! We could potentially fill those vacancies in no time!

As staffers stream out of the White House like water through a sieve, the small contingent remaining is getting desperate.

According to a Wednesday Politico report, flyers are circulating emblazoned with “interested in a job at the White House?” encouraging conservatives to apply at a Friday job fair on Capitol Hill.

It advertises the presence of Trump administration officials eager to meet with interested parties “of every experience level.”

Along with the White House, the flyer lists openings in agencies like NASA, the Department of Homeland Security, and Health and Human Services.

Per Politico, the fair is being hosted by the Conservative Partnership Institute

talkingpointsmemo.com...

The Whitehouse, as many may be aware, has a vacancy issue and it's been ongoing since the start of the administration. It still surprises me personally that they haven't garnered enough interest within the conservative sphere considering how more involved young conservatives tend to be in politics compared to their larger Millenial liberal brothers and sisters. But who knows? I mean toxicity doesn't descrimminate I guess and the Whitehouse has no shortage of it these days.

Any takers on here? It's an opportunity of a lifetime I guess.

(post by Edumakated removed for a manners violation)

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 04:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

Are you interested in jumping aboard Edumakated? I'm sure the Don could use your cheerleading skills. You've been a solid performance so far.

+8 more 
posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 04:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Southern Guardian

Are you interested in jumping aboard Edumakated? I'm sure the Don could use your cheerleading skills. You've been a solid performance so far.

I would work for any President....It is a hell of an opportunity no matter who is sitting President. Even the worst employee of the worst president seems to land a cushy job at the end...

Win win...
edit on 14-6-2018 by GuidedKill because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Therapy, supposedly, is but one cure for obsession, however, your case is pretty severe, so i dont kno...

Plus, who in their right mind will turn down a WH job? Lol

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 04:06 PM
link   
a reply to: GuidedKill

I would work for any President....It is a hell of an opportunity no matter who is sitting President. Even the worst employee of the worst president seems to land a cushy job at the end...

Win win...

I actually agree with you. Opportunities like these don't come very often... usually it's a battle to be even considered for an internship at the Whitehouse. I recall seeing a documentary a while back about political science majors and the struggles they went through trying to gain work experience. Well Jesus there's the Whitehouse begging for people to fill positions!

This just doesn't happen if this was any other president. I know I'd jump at the opportunity as a youngen.... I'd be willing to join the darkside...

....for a price....

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 04:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Arnie123

Plus, who in their right mind will turn down a WH job?

Exactly. Why are people turning down jobs at this Whitehouse? We're asking the right questions here... great start.

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 04:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Southern Guardian

Maybe they are finally opening some of these positions up for normal people?? You know different than how it has been done for years with Cronyism and Nepotism??

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Was reading an article on Vanity Fair earlier that talked about this and they made a very good point. Why would someone want to work in an environment where you could be publicly ridiculed, shamed and even fired in full view of the public, via Twitter, etc?

In addition to that, I believe the White House is looking to only hire conservatives, which limits their pool of available candidates.

link   

Your opinions on Trump are miguiding you.

Working for the White house in any application from janitor to legal aid is an amazing mark on anyones resume, regardless of who the president is.

Are you saying you wouldn't take a decent paying government job in the highest office of the USA because.... Trump?

You needn't be a "cheerleader" to want a good job that future employers will regard highly.
edit on 14-6-2018 by seaswine because: (no reason given)

link   

Judging by some of dirty dons Twitter supporters, I’m guessing anyone with a criminal record looking for a pardon would be in there like Flyn

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 04:26 PM
link   
I'll do it and I won't give a # what the media says

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 04:28 PM
link   
a reply to: seaswine

Are you saying you wouldn't take a decent paying government job in the highest office of the USA because.... Trump?

Hell no. I wouldn't take a job at the White House, regardless of whom was in office or if it looked good on my resume.

The hours are horrible, the pay is even worse and unless you are going to stay within the confines of the DC area/public service, no one really cares what you did at the White house.

It's not as "prestigious" as one might think.

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 04:30 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

did you even check the source of this complete nonsense?

there's tons of people who would love those jobs that don't care what cry baby media types and college kids in cry closets think

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Hmmm...Twitter operator would be great. Generating hundreds of threads here with a simple Tweet.

Hey y’all, watch this... *wink*

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Me and nope. If I wanted to be yelled at I’d have joined the military

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 04:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults

did you even check the source of this complete nonsense?

Why do I need to check the source in order to give my personal opinion?

there's tons of people who would love those jobs that don't care what cry baby media types and college kids in cry closets think

Ok. Let them have the jobs.

I think they are fools, regardless of the administration.

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 04:35 PM
link   

The jobs aren't decent paying in a paycheck sense. What makes it a good gig are the benefits. Especially so if you have a wife and kids to utilize said perks. Healthcare, vision, dental etc...

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 04:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: seaswine

The jobs aren't decent paying in a paycheck sense. What makes it a good gig are the benefits. Especially so if you have a wife and kids to utilize said perks. Healthcare, vision, dental etc...

That is important, but I'm not sure why someone would want to endure the environment of DC just for some benefits.

You can get the benefits plus good pay, working a myriad of other jobs.

edit on 14-6-2018 by introvert because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 04:39 PM
link   

How about Hillary? She needs a job. Or Bill.....he loves working with interns. Do I get a referral fee?

<<   2  3 >>

join